IGNORED

Nintemper tantrums

obnoxious

Games back then were so unrealistic that the violence couldn't be taken seriously and I doubt had any effect. That people were concerned about the content seems silly today.

Now we have games that are basically graphic first person murder sims and I don't think that children should be playing them but I'm sure most do.

12 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Games back then were so unrealistic that the violence couldn't be taken seriously and I doubt had any effect. That people were concerned about the content seems silly today.

Now we have games that are basically graphic first person murder sims and I don't think that children should be playing them but I'm sure most do.

Not that those controlling evil organizations claiming to be do gooders or the stupid parents who fell for the shit looking like complete fools on the news had much ground to stand on even in the 80s and earlier 90s with their whining.  But not, to see those murder simulators, FINALLY they'd have a valid point.  It would be funny with a crap 80s handicam/CRT filter going if you could put those idiots on film back to use patching them into some modern de-made to 80s crap film quality clips of those modern games to make a point.  That would be both funny and sad, it would finally fit, just decades late.

I remember throwing controllers as a kid, but never hard enough to break them. The only thing I can remember is accidentally breaking the screen on my game boy advance when I couldn't beat Onox in Oracle of Ages. It's kind of embarrassing but I just slammed the fucking thing, hulk-headbutted it into my forehead. The screen cracked and I instantly regretted it. I learned my lesson and haven't raged over a game since.

I can attest that no matter how many turtles I have stomped on and kicked in video games growing up, I have had no desires to stomp on turtles and then kick them in real life. Snapping turtles in particular will bite off chunks of your feet of you try. Even as a kid I knew it was complete fantasy. I still have 10 fingers and toes to prove it.