IGNORED

Knights of the old republic remake

SailorScoutMandy

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Had me, then lost me at PS5 exclusivity -- stuff like that, when it's not first party is an utter put off entirely.  Hopefully Aspyr had half a brain to make it only timed exclusive, like 6-12mo, not just PS5 as it'll do them no favors.

It's on PC too like the original 

Yeah, I'll be waiting for some sort of Wal-Mart $10 jewel case "greatest hits" PC copy after I learned this was a PS5 exclusive.  If it was Sony exclusive and they were bothering to put it out on the PS4 since so relatively few people have even managed to get their hands on a PS5, I'd probably pick up a copy, but 100% console exclusive to a console basically nobody can get their hands on without dumping WATA money on it?  No thanks.  I won't reward that kind of nonsense, but I'll be happy to help them lose money once it hits the clearance aisle.

I don't agree with the exclusivity bit, but what are there? 14-16 million PS5s out there? The library is still limited and if 20% of the PS5 owners buy this, that's 3m copies sold, and probably a fair ROI. I assuke exclusivity is due to a deal SONY worked out with EA, so profits will probably be high on it. It's Star Wars so people will buy it, especially if alternatives are few at launch time.

• Like 1

What won me over is the fact it will also be ported onto the PC. The port that Steam has is not playable on Windows 10, and I did everything that was suggested.

What lost me is the fact that the game will not be out until 2023. By then I don't expect to do much video game collecting. And if my luck is allowed to change, I'll probably had a graded copy of the original by then.