IGNORED

Ketchup packets. WTF.

OptOut

2 hours ago, KokiriChild said:

Also, those of you who say ketchup is useless have never made homemade BBQ sauce and it shows

I made homemade BBQ sauce before, after making homemade ketchup for a recipe. 😉

Store bought ketchup is gross, the only ketchup I like is the curry ketchup used for curry wurst in Germany.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

D71A2210-D92C-4460-B121-EE1042734A23.jpeg.4667d700460e6472e9c37b1eec49e6cb.jpegcurrywurst

That’d be ketchup with curry powder.

I made my comment about curry wurst before seeing your post, I really enjoyed too many of those while in Germany. 🙂

It's funny as I really like tomato / pasta sauce, and tomato juice, yet ketchup generally feels and smells disgusting to me.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 12:32 AM, OptOut said:

I don't have a fridge when I'm going to like Mcdonalds or whatever, they are SUPER stingy with ketchup packets! They give you like two tiny packets for a whole family to share, it's ridiculous! I ALWAYS ask them for more, they chuck like another two in, so I ask for more until we get at least like 8 of em, it's pathetic. 😑

I think that’s an Asian country thing. Philippines they only give you like one or two packs also. Then if you ask for more they act like they’re doing you a big favor.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, phart010 said:

I think that’s an Asian country thing. Philippines they only give you like one or two packs also. Then if you ask for more they act like they’re doing you a big favor.

That's why Asians maintain their beauty and look younger than they are, they don't eat ketchup.

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2021 at 1:54 PM, Alder said:

Homemade ketchup is good, but Sriracha is where it's at. Totally overhyped but hey, I like it.

Sambal Olek is 1000x better than that hipster trash.

😉

But as many are saying, Ketchup is gross most of the time. I will put a thin line on a hot dog, then I drench it in mustard, Texas Pete, pickles and then I coat it in black pepper.

I think the reason why I dislike ketchup, at least as a dominate flavor, is because I ardently stand by the belief that tomatoes are intended to be a savory food, not a sweet one.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RH said:

😉

I like both, had no idea Sambal Olek is the English name for that sauce though, definitely don't tell my students that, lol.

Also why is sriracha hipster trash?

I like all of these sauces, but I've only experienced them here.

Now knowing the difference between your sushis and sashimis, that's hipster.

16 hours ago, RH said:

😉

Lol, I usually have both in the fridge. If I want that "just bit into a fresh pepper" taste then I'll go for Sambal Oelek, but I still like sriracha for a less spicy condiment stand-in. Especially on something like popcorn. I like traditional hot sauce but it can be too vinegary so I use sriracha in its place.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 7:40 AM, trj22487 said:

It isn't necessary to refrigerate ketchup. I prefer to keep it room temp like a restaurant. If frustrates me how hard glass bottle Heinz is to find.

Don't get me started on the GLASS fuggin bottles! Impossible to get anything out of em! Give me plastic or give me DEATH!!! 😡🤬

I’m late to this but ketchup and tomato sauce are like my last choice for chips. Mayo or aioli then bbq sauce then plain then if I’m desperate tomato sauce.

Also the same thing happens here but if you want more than one they start charging. Which I guess makes sense because they don’t get it for free either.

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

Don't get me started on the GLASS fuggin bottles! Impossible to get anything out of em! Give me plastic or give me DEATH!!! 😡🤬

Put a tiny bit of water in, put your thumb over the top and shake it like hell.

Or better yet, just don't use ketchup in the first place 🙂

• Haha 1