IGNORED

General Sealed & Graded Discussion

Gloves

1 hour ago, tidaldreams said:

Wow, look at those negatives 😮 How are they even still on ebay? Thanks, I blocked this person.

EDIT: looks like they've sold a number of dirt cheap games to pad their feedback

Exactamundo. The seller has so many games, I don't understand why he/she is refusing to honor those sales. If I had a graded collection of that magnitude. I would honor each sale regardless if some fall short. There are plenty of reserves to take there place as it appears in the sellers background. Unless that's the illusion the seller wants to show? Last month, I discovered the sellers 2nd account. Nothing listed now but usually there are over 20 listings. Same photos from the first account.

Edited by AnimalHouse

33 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

If anyone is interested, I came across 2 goodwill listings, Pokemon Blue GB and SNES MACS Multipurpose Arcade Combat Simulator. Last December on ebay, I remember a SNES MACS Basic Rifle Marksmanship G.C.S. (1994) loose cart sold for $2,170. I wonder if these are the same thing?

Who donates stuff like this? At least it's not: https://www.pcmag.com/news/goodwill-sells-sealed-copy-of-nes-legend-of-zelda-for-411k

3 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

You must be referring to this guy. The seller has a great selection of games but is not the type of person who always honors a sale after it has ended. Here are a number of examples I tracked:

Premogames.jpg

Yep. Dude is a piece of work that's for sure. But I'm actually referring to multiple sellers, not just this guy. 

Side note, lol @ the 4k -> 2.7k drop with SMB3 challenge set. rip

3 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

Wow, look at those negatives 😮 How are they even still on ebay? Thanks, I blocked this person.

EDIT: looks like they've sold a number of dirt cheap games to pad their feedback

I think ebay marks your account after a certain number of unfulfilled auctions, but from what I've seen, they don't outright ban you. No idea why.

On 9/18/2021 at 10:21 PM, phart010 said:

Check the Bridgeport Connecticut obituaries for suicides around August 23

You make a good point, albeit super sad. I have noticed some interesting things thrifting lately, could also be covid victims stuff.

Edit

Or did I just wake up and am dense at the joke you were making over someone offing themselves for finding out what they donated 🤣

Edited by drxandy
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, drxandy said:

You make a good point, albeit super sad. I have noticed some interesting things thrifting lately, could also be covid victims stuff.

Edit

Or did I just wake up and am dense at the joke you were making over someone offing themselves for finding out what they donated 🤣

It was supposed to be a joke, although now that you mention it, someone’s estate could have been donated to Goodwill

edit: by the way suicide is no joke. If you know someone who is struggling get them help.

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

All this talk got me thinking... they say a lot of the thrill is in the hunt... should we make a thread for graded game collectors to show off their finds? Who all has found graded games out hunting at garage and estate sales? Which ones? Show them off!!

Don't we have a graded games show off thread? Or do you mean like... a finder's keepers, losers weepers kinda thing? 🤔

14 minutes ago, inasuma said:

Don't we have a graded games show off thread? Or do you mean like... a finder's keepers, losers weepers kinda thing? 🤔

I meant more like a place for people to show off their crazy graded game finds from like local shops and garage sales. You know, a lot of people say the thrill of collecting is still in the hunt, getting out there and seeing what you can find! I love going to garage sales, estate sales etc. I just want to know the stories behind all these wild graded game finds that everyone shows off, you know what I mean?

2 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

I watched this interesting video regarding that big Sonic sale on Goldin Auctions. This guy found a rip in the shrink-wrap on the front.

As someone who collects and holds a lot of Wata, A wrap is Average.  A+ is pretty good.  A++ is supposed to be pretty Mint but can still have a subtle flaw or two.

B+ has at least one severe damage (Severe meaning a gigantic hole or several medium holes, etc.)  B is horrible, and C+ is the bare minimum for sealed.  It could be like 50% of the cello missing as long as you could tell the box had never been opened and there is some seal left.  Before people complain they need to understand that A wrap is really not that great, but not too horrible either. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

As someone who collects and holds a lot of Wata, A wrap is Average.  A+ is pretty good.  A++ is supposed to be pretty Mint but can still have a subtle flaw or two.

B+ has at least one severe damage (Severe meaning a gigantic hole or several medium holes, etc.)  B is horrible, and C+ is the bare minimum for sealed.  It could be like 50% of the cello missing as long as you could tell the box had never been opened and there is some seal left.  Before people complain they need to understand that A wrap is really not that great, but not too horrible either. 

The scale makes no sense then. C is pretty universally accepted as an "average score". I'm not talking about grading, I'm talking about whenever anyone uses letter grades for anything. If "B" is horrible, they should have used something besides a letter grade system. Because B tends to mean "above average" universally.

Unless they were basing this on my parents expectations of course. "You got a B in Algebra?! HORRIBLE!!"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

Wata grading feels "inversely exponential" to me, X being the quality and Y the score.

It's relatively easy to tell the score a box will get up to 9 but up from that, every .2 increment is a mystery and  the criteria gets very rigorous and mysterious.

images (2).png

Edited by obnoxious

56 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

The scale makes no sense then. C is pretty universally accepted as an "average score". I'm not talking about grading, I'm talking about whenever anyone uses letter grades for anything. If "B" is horrible, they should have used something besides a letter grade system. Because B tends to mean "above average" universally.

Unless they were basing this on my parents expectations of course. "You got a B in Algebra?! HORRIBLE!!"

I want to argue they base it on the age of the game, too. I have an Xbox game that has a small break in the seal at one of the corners and it was given a B+. The break is about a half an inch in both directions and goes from the front tip of the corner to the back side of the game (where you can visibly see the break). Maybe it's a fair grade but I just want to argue that it isn't!

I've seen A's with bigger holes....

Edited by Gulag Joe