IGNORED

General Sealed & Graded Discussion

1 minute ago, RETRO said:

I got a couple games, one of which was Golgo 13 (85 VGA, Indiana Collection) for NES for around $200—a pretty common game, but a still-underrated one I love and didn't happen to own. And I'll admit, when Greg said on the livestream, "Not bad, not bad at all!" about the sale, I blushed. The other game I got was my favorite NES game as a kid, and I got a good deal on it but I'll leave that one mysterious.

I'm now a pretty big fan of CertifiedLink. There were some *insane* deals. I wish I'd had more money to spend. Like five or six rare-ish NES games I wanted and had my eye on sold for under $350 and I just didn't have the money.

Nice! I'll admit my NES knowledge is probably much weaker than most of you guys so I wouldn't know a lot of what to buy on that system.

4 hours ago, ExplodedHamster said:

It's still a lot of money for a game that used to be $75 sealed lol. I know it's happened across the field, obviously, but I'm still of the old school mentality as a buyer for my personal collection. 

I think for a lot of folks here, and for me especially, buying for the personal collection is the ultimate goal. 🙂 As long as you have the means and it makes you happy, fuggit.

5 minutes ago, inasuma said:

I think for a lot of folks here, and for me especially, buying for the personal collection is the ultimate goal. 🙂 As long as you have the means and it makes you happy, fuggit.

Yeah, especially with Genesis stuff I love. Better to pay up now for Genesis stuff before pop reports come out. With Genesis, it's not going to help prices from a buyer perspective. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Maertens29 said:

Was this bought from Phoenix Resale?  I feel like it looks familiar haha.  Great snag!

Yeah, so I'm surprised it went so cheap. Isn't this game like $100 for CIB lol? Since it's from him at least I know I won't get backdoored 😅

Edited by tidaldreams
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Yeah, so I'm surprised it went so cheap. Isn't this game like $100 for CIB lol? Since it's from him at least I know I won't get backdoored 😅

Well, seems like one of those games that won't necessarily have a huge premium sealed vs CIB. They're expensive games cib mainly for people who actually want to play them (and, I guess, aren't into modding). Not sure they're gonna be high-roller sealed collector targets really. Nice grab though!