IGNORED

Your Avatar. What is it? What does it mean?

m308gunner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am not sure if my user name came from my avatar or vice versa.  In any event "The Wandering Tellurian" is a 1967 vintage paperback which was part of the noteworthy Ace Doubles series - which had two books (with two covers) bound together - they were bound together in a manner where they were upside down in relation to each other,

I am toying with going back to my original user name - if I do I will go back to either the devil from the 1957 film "The Undead" or the feral kid from "The Road Warrior".

• 4 weeks later...

One bored day, I decided to copy a picture from a gaming mag of Kiddy Kong. The only gaming character I’ve ever drawn thus far. The barrel with an up sign was my own little twist. 

The picture represents 2 things:

- age of innocence (being a kid).

- the early 90s era where I loved every bit of it, growing up with all the Megadrive/SNES gaming goodness.

I'm sure my most people should be able to recognize mine. It's my favourite arcade game of all time (though sharing that spot with two other games).

Except this particular frame was never actually used in the game despite being included in the ROM data. It's presumed to be intended for when you're standing on the edge of a rainbow.

Pretty self explanitory.  The school I went to and the year I graduated (BA history, BA political science; and it happened to be the year of their basketball centennial!) and it's the old 90s-mid 00s logo just like they had at the time.  Which I personally much prefer over today's logo; today's logo (mid 00s-present) is just too generic. 😞 

Full Disclosure, I love Power Rangers/Super Sentai

My avatar (deemed the SOMBRERO WEARING SENTAI BOUKENGER) is a shop made by a good friend of mine, ripped from an episode of Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.

In a particular episode (bear with me here) the Monster of the Week blasts the Red Ranger with a dose "bad luck juju" and hijinks ensue; the rest of the ranger team give him their "lucky charm" personal effects to offset the bad luck (including a potted plant and dirty socks); which results in a scene where he morphs and is wearing/carrying all the various junk lol

Fun (useless) fact; it's a completely "American Creation" so to speak, as the episode of Super Sentai the Ranger's episode is based off of, while the monster and plot is basically the same, the Red Ranger in Boukenger gets decked out in a completely different ensemble... that's noticeably more Japanese influenced lol

Edited by SpoonMan Abrams X

Back in the early 2010's I was pretty active on the Bungie.net forums. It was pretty terrible forum software with far too many restrictions, you weren't even allowed to have your own avatar! So some users created this browser extension/add-on type thing for Firefox called Coup D Bungie which let you have custom avatars and stuff. This was my avatar there and has been my avatar in most forums online since then. It's a reaction image people used to use sometimes, me included, which is the "rustled jimmies" monkey from the front of the old Gorilla Munch cereal box, on the head of Halo 3's Master Chief.

Edited by DeChief

• 9 months later...

Necro bump!

I couldn't remember if this thread existed or not, but I feel like we've had a really good, steady stream of new users and newly returning users from NA over the past year.

My avatar hasn't really changed since I've been hear, but if you are new since January (or missed it before then), or if you've updated your avatar, let us know why you chose or created the avatar you use.