IGNORED

Your Avatar. What is it? What does it mean?

m308gunner

Mine might be obvious to most, but it's Sephiroth.  I actually use to play one of the FF mobile games and for another forum, there was a guy willing to make signature banners.  He made one taking the original Amano sketch and adding a banner around it, along with the cross-hatch background.  When I gave up mobile gaming and decided to put those dollars in actual physical games, I took the signature image and cropped it small into an avatar.  I briefly changed it to water colored looking Delita from Final Fantasy Tactics but eventually I returned to Sephiroth.

From time to time, Sephiroth will show his festive spirit too.  I like to think he's pre-crazy-go-nuts Sephiroth.

Moderator · Posted

Superman – strange visitor from another planet who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Superman – who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel with his bare hands, and who, disguised as Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights the never ending battle for Truth, Justice and all that stuff!!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

Mine is a combination of things: the owl and windows are from Castlevania III, the pillars and curtains are from Castlevania, and the floor is from Super Mario Bros. 3. It was just whipped together in PhotoShop real quick just to have an avatar that makes sense with my name and some of my favorite NES games.

... maybe I need to update it...

Image result for agent smith no gif

14 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

One of the windows on an original 2600 box.

What? For the longest time I thought is was an old pic of Burt Reynolds!

A handful of years ago, I played the magical game known as "Fallout 3". Before that, PC gaming meant to me...Team Fortress 2 and other Valve games. But...Fallout 3 blew me away. It was the game of my dreams. I LOVE post apocalyptic/apocalyptic/dystopian stuff...movies, books, games...love em. So this game was right up my alley. I was just fresh from playing Team Fortress 2 so I thought...why not play a doctor character (since I mained Medic in those days). And thus Astor Reinhardt was born.

Over the years I've fine tuned him, putting him into every Fallout game since then (Fallout NV really added a lot for my character). My avatar is of the Fallout 3 version, just fresh from the vault, still wearing the vault lab coat.

So no, he's not from Full Metal Alchemist. Yes he does look a lot like that guy, but no, he's not. I've never even watched that anime. I commissioned an artist to make this avatar YEARS ago and I guess they drew inspiration from that anime. If I had an ounce of talent, I'd redraw him so no one would think he was from the anime...but I don't so there we are.

Reggae record label symbol, 

got into early raggae, kinda had a Motown vibe to it with ska. People talk about Bob Marley like he’s the god of Jamaican music, but the real pioneers all came from Trojan Records 

Also they have a whole subculture that comes with it but people associate the term “skinhead” with racism which is the complete opposite, 

That subculture is surrounded around working class people that like good music in the 60s, and they dub them selves Trojan skinheads, which is still a pretty active subculture around the world. 

Edited by Bear85

On 11/4/2019 at 8:39 AM, 8-bit guerilla said:

I had someone from na throw headphones on him a few years back (which I could have done myself, but I was promoting community...aaa-thank you)  

Still have the song files if you guys wanna try again!😬

aaa-you're welcome 🙂

Hey if these guys don't come through I'm always ready to step to the mic! "Keep pushin' my buttons I'll let one slip up out the zapper grip!"

• Like 1