IGNORED

Zelda Link to the Past - Not for Resale

greennamek

Hi All,

Was going through some old stuff and came across a copy of Link to the Past which is sealed but with a "Not for Resale" sticker on the bottom of the box. I believe this copy was purchased from a former NOA employee quite a while ago. I assume Nintendo opened the original shrink wrap to put the NFR sticker on it and then re-sealed it to sell in their employee store but I'm not 100% certain on this. Wanted to post it in here to see if anyone had any insights as to if my assumption is correct or perhaps there is some other explanation? Also, it seems to be in pretty good condition so was wondering if it even can be graded seeing it may not have the original shrink wrap. I would appreciate any thoughts as I have not come across another copy like this before.

1.png.d31b8987ecfa3540ce0a4ab8d66e356f.png

2.png.a57e2488b5b290a9af13589a0c2a6b42.png

3.png.a859c10a5d2ff165ed8a0a5ec0342340.png

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, greennamek said:

Hi All,

Was going through some old stuff and came across a copy of Link to the Past which is sealed but with a "Not for Resale" sticker on the bottom of the box. I believe this copy was purchased from a former NOA employee quite a while ago. I assume Nintendo opened the original shrink wrap to put the NFR sticker on it and then re-sealed it to sell in their employee store but I'm not 100% certain on this. Wanted to post it in here to see if anyone had any insights as to if my assumption is correct or perhaps there is some other explanation? Also, it seems to be in pretty good condition so was wondering if it even can be graded seeing it may not have the original shrink wrap. I would appreciate any thoughts as I have not come across another copy like this before.

Why would Nintendo reseal an NFR game with janky shrinkwrap? The only part of this that makes it seem remotely legit is the vent hole on the back. Also, seems like an odd place for an NFR sticker. 

You said you "believe" it was purchased by a former NOA employee. What makes you think that?

I have the same thing; but Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball.   Your backstory is correct.  Mine was actually just graded by WATA and this was the note they listed for it :

*First-party LRT Reseal, Box unopened, Not For Resale (Nintendo Employee Store)
Not For Resale (Nintendo Employee Store)

If you are selling your Zelda, I would be interested !  Cool game.  
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, FooFghtrs33 said:

I have the same thing; but Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball.   Your backstory is correct.  Mine was actually just graded by WATA and this was the note they listed for it :

Do you have any pics? This is interesting to me.

4 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

You said you "believe" it was purchased by a former NOA employee. What makes you think that?

This copy was not purchased by me personally, it was purchased by my brother a long time ago so that is why I can't be 100% certain of the origin of the seller. He told me he thinks it was purchased by someone who used to work at Nintendo. Also, we grew up near Redmond, WA which is where NOA HQ is located so it gives some further credibility to this claim.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FooFghtrs33 said:

Thanks for the info! I would also be interested in seeing pics for your graded copy of Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball if you wouldn't mind posting. Is the NFR sticker in the same location and is the shrink wrap also similar in that it has a single large venthole in the front and the back?

Hi,

I own a copy identical yo tour LTTP.
it was indeed given to employees and resealed by nintendo.

wata will grade it and mention its a first party reseal. Very nice piece.

Here’s mine for reference. it has the same shrinkwrap with the large venthole in the back

1CEDFC42-CC3C-42D0-9D9F-D3777ADCBED2.jpeg

Edited by Jim Jimmer
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Jim Jimmer said:

Hi,

I own a copy identical yo tour LTTP.
it was indeed given to employees and resealed by nintendo.

wata will grade it and mention its a first party reseal. Very nice piece.

Here’s mine for reference. it has the same shrinkwrap with the large venthole in the back

Thanks a ton for the info and reference pics, appreciate it. Now I can be confident as to exactly what version of LTTP I have here.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2021 at 6:18 AM, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Why would Nintendo reseal an NFR game with janky shrinkwrap? The only part of this that makes it seem remotely legit is the vent hole on the back. Also, seems like an odd place for an NFR sticker. 

This is exactly why you can't be so sure and tone down your negative approach and attitude. You coming off like a hater off top.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, kahnman said:

This is exactly why you can't be so sure and tone down your negative approach and attitude. You coming off like a hater off top.  

Thanks guy who's been here since yesterday. I am always sceptical nowadays, especially when new people jump in with rare items and things that were found going through old stuff. The market is full of bull shit, and I feel like it's perfectly fine to have questioning tone in certain instances.  Don't get your feelings hurt... even though you're not the OP, just the savior swooping in from a Facebook group

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I actually have a similar copy @greennamek@Jim Jimmer.  Mine was also acquired at Nintendo.  Can confirm 100%.  I'm glad you posted here, because I've been curious as well to how WATA would grade it. The one I own is in brilliant condition.  Welcome to our little First Party Resealed Club!

Edited by Ricky Winterborn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Thanks guy who's been here since yesterday. I am always sceptical nowadays, especially when new people jump in with rare items and things that were found going through old stuff. The market is full of bull shit, and I feel like it's perfectly fine to have questioning tone in certain instances.  Don't get your feelings hurt... even though you're not the OP, just the savior swooping in from a Facebook group

Didn't mind the questions you originally asked as I was happy to provide additional context to learn more about my copy of LTTP, but no need to be disrespectful to new members as we were all new at some point right?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ricky Winterborn said:

I actually have a similar copy @greennamek@Jim Jimmer.  Mine was also acquired at Nintendo.  Can confirm 100%.  I'm glad you posted here, because I've been curious as well to how WATA would grade it. The one I own is in brilliant condition.  Welcome to our little First Party Resealed Club!

Cool to know there are a few other copies out there, hope your copy grades well Ricky!

I wonder how VGA would label it in their cases. If anyone has any examples of any first party reseal graded via VGA I would be interested to see it as well.

6 minutes ago, greennamek said:

Didn't mind the questions you originally asked as I was happy to provide additional context to learn more about my copy of LTTP, but no need to be disrespectful to new members as we were all new at some point right?

Yes,  sorry @greennamek this was not meant towards you,  nor to derail your thread. It's an awesome piece!! I'm glad it's authentic and I wish I had one lol. I'm  a huge LttP fan.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Yes,  sorry @greennamek this was not meant towards you,  nor to derail your thread. It's an awesome piece!! I'm glad it's authentic and I wish I had one lol. I'm  a huge LttP fan.

No worries, just glad to connect with other folks such as yourself who share the same passion for games.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

congrats dude. now send it off for grading and you can probably buy a car with it.

Haha yeah that's one way to go I guess as this crazy market makes it tempting to do so. To be honest I'm undecided what I want to do with it at this point so we'll see. Probably just hold on to it for now as a cool collection piece as LTTP is my favorite game of all time.

• Love 1

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, xLevarburtonx said:

I recently stumbled into a copy of A Link to the Past with the NTR sticker as well, it’s not sealed as the one you have but does anyone have any clue as to what these are worth? I couldn't find any recently sold listings on Ebay and I'm just looking to get more info on these considering how rare they are

In 13 days we can find out from Heritage

3AB1159D-E958-449F-BB7F-D61851DE70EF.jpeg

• 1 month later...