IGNORED

Anybody have a NES game with an Alaskan or Hawaiian rental store sticker on it?

DK

I collect NES games with obscure rental store stickers.

If you have an Alaskan or Hawaiian rental store stickered NES game let me know. 

Price depends on the sticker quality and game title. I would imagine I would be willing to pay at least $10 over pricecharting, maybe more. Surprise me!

• Like 6

You know there was one video rental store in my then small town area back in the 90s that was well, the only real option if I wanted to rent an NES game back then!  I wonder if any of their labeled NES games are floating around out there...I don't even know how you'd track them down TBH.

• 2 weeks later...

Such a noble goal.  I also had an old rental store that I'd love to find games, movies or memorabilia of it.  I only have one game with it's sticker on it.  Joe Montana football for the Sega Cd, LOL!

As a side note, I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has anything with the Magic Theatre video sticker from Springfield, OR, I would pay at least 3 times the vgpc quote for it.  On Mario 3, at least 5x because of the sentimental attachment to it and when I rented it back in the day.

• 1 month later...

Slightly different but this is exactly why I own 4 New Leaf/Game Factory cartridges, and I am compelled to pick up more (though not for current eBay prices.)

I played those as a kid, and I just want a stack of them now.

I tend to clean anything off of my carts that doesn't belong on it, however, if a rental sticker isn't on a label, I won't remove it. I'm starting to like them too, and I can always clean them off if my opinion changes.

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2021 at 10:31 AM, Rudybegga said:

Such a noble goal.  I also had an old rental store that I'd love to find games, movies or memorabilia of it.  I only have one game with it's sticker on it.  Joe Montana football for the Sega Cd, LOL!

As a side note, I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has anything with the Magic Theatre video sticker from Springfield, OR, I would pay at least 3 times the vgpc quote for it.  On Mario 3, at least 5x because of the sentimental attachment to it and when I rented it back in the day.

I'm going through my games and variants cataloguing everything...I don't want to get your hopes up but I never took off the rental stickers so I will absolutely let you know if I have anything from Springfield OR 😁

• 1 month later...