IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - KID NIKI

BeaIank

1 minute ago, Krunch said:

Lol!  No wonder it's so inconsistent.  Hard strategy to criticize, seems like the games sold well, lots of em have a few different prints.  I only really like Spelunker i found, havent tried em all lode runner might be ok or Raid on Bungleing Bay.  battle of olympus I got no time for.

The Guardian Legend is my favourite Broderbund-published game; I believe it was developed by Compile...

And yeah, the manual's backstory for Holy Diver is the most hilarious attempt at a metal story of all time...

Member · Posted
17 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

And yeah, the manual's backstory for Holy Diver is the most hilarious attempt at a metal story of all time...

I hear this game's so Fuckin' Metal they're gonna make room for it on the periodic table.

Holy Diver.png

Edited by PII

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

The Guardian Legend is my favourite Broderbund-published game; I believe it was developed by Compile...

Lol did Dio write that story himself?  Cause it really seemed like he wrote that story himself @PII

I dont like shmups, can hardly play em, so i didnt like GL but yeah its pretty good, everyone seemed to like it during one contest week.  Most fun I had with it was doing a quick flip on a local CIB that was there forever years back when it "spiked" to $50

On 9/5/2021 at 2:23 PM, docile tapeworm said:

stephen chow gong fu GIF

pie in your eye - 383500

morphius - 377200

bert and ernie - 366b00

meerkat - 143800

michael - 136500

nintendo junkie - 131100

8bitties - 130800

i have - 130000

dont wiz on the electric fence - 128200

richie - 92600

skinny - 81500

krunch - 37100

neo - 37000

unofficial leaderboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

So three people beat the game and nobody else even made it past level 4.

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

Never tried. I didn't make good use of my spare time to play this game last week. Seemed cool from the screenshots lol

ya i couldnt get myself to play much. i made  it to the bubbles once but didnt take the picture thinking i would do better lol. then on sunday i tried late and it didnt happen.

17 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I'm hoping to gain a lot of ground with POW. Love that game.

You, me, and krunch are only ones in striking distance for beat em up cat. With POW being the last game, Id say you have it wrapped up barring death or disfigurement in the interim. 

At some point I had read good things about POW and found my cart and gave it an honest shot. Was mildly entertained for a couple levels, but happy to throw in the towell at the first sign of adversity and move onto something else. Dont see going from that to dethroning you at one of your favorites. Maybe @Krunchis a pow champ and can give you a run for your money

Member · Posted
1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

You, me, and krunch are only ones in striking distance for beat em up cat. With POW being the last game, Id say you have it wrapped up barring death or disfigurement in the interim. 

At some point I had read good things about POW and found my cart and gave it an honest shot. Was mildly entertained for a couple levels, but happy to throw in the towell at the first sign of adversity and move onto something else. Dont see going from that to dethroning you at one of your favorites. Maybe @Krunchis a pow champ and can give you a run for your money

Here are the scores from last time. But this included adding extra points for lives remaining after beating the game. https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/186467/nintendoage-2019-weekly-contests-presents-p-o-w

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By BeaIank
      Ladies and gentlemen, we are BACK with the last round of games of our beloved VGS NES Weekly Contest!
      To decide who will wear the laurels and claim the fame of being the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest Sports champion, we have one epic game of brutal action, where basketball meets street brawling!
      ARE YOU READY FOR Nekketsu Street Basketball?
      The rules are below:
      Pick battle mode (2nd option in the game) Pick 1P mode Pick Nekketsu as your team (first team in the screen) Pick US Navy as your opponent (second team in the screen) Pick the VEGAS stage to play on (second stage to the left, with the slot machines icon) Take your picture at the end of the match. Highest score difference for the Nekketsu team wins Participation: Beat the second team
      @0xDEAFC0DEhas a very comfortable 4 points lead over @NESfiend, who is the only who can challenge him for the Sports title this year.
      For Nesfiend to win, he needs to win this week and hope @0xDEAFC0DE doesn't score over 6th place, since he will be tied on most wins, but loses on the 2nd tie breaker, most 2nd places.
      Will he be able to pull such a miracle to claim the crown? Time will tell!
      The contest ends Sunday, 09/26/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, welcome for a week of epic, high level wrestling in our beloved contest!
      Put in your ludicrous spandex costumes, pick your team and muscle up your way to victory!
      The rules for this week are simple:
      Play 1 player game Pick any characters you want Play till you win round 10 or till you lose. Take your picture at the round score screen. Be wary that you may not have a lot of time after winning round 10 The winning condition is progress plus high score Participation: Make it to round 2 Genre: Sports
      The contest ends Sunday, 09/06/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      Be prepared, my skilled players, for it is time for some SPYING action!
      Put in your best tux, grab your gun, your gadgets and go steal super secrets from the bad guys building!
      This week we tackle another excellent Micronics port for the NES, Elevator Action!
      The rules for this one are very simple:
      Play till you lose your first life. Pause the game once the game restarts and take your picture. You are allowed to use the enemy AI exploit: Entering the bottom elevator without entering all the red doors returns the game to an earlier point in the level and avoids the enemy speed-up  Highest score wins Participation: 3,000 GENRE: Arcade
      The contest ends Sunday, 08/22/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      Welcome fellow builders! Get your hammers head, for this week there will be Wrecking!
      This will be quite the week with our hammer wielding crazies following the rules below:
      Play until Game Over You must start on Phase 1 You cannot earn any extra lives.  You can only use your 5 original lives 1 Loop only (100 stages) Highest score wins Participation score : 25,000
      The contest ends Sunday, 08/08/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      Hello and welcome to the BRAWL AREA, brothers and sisters!
      Get your fists ready for it is time for Dragon... Double the dragons even!
      Punch your way into the scoreboard following the rules below, martial artists:
      Play as far into your last life as possible. Do not allow yourself to get a Game Over.  If you get a Game Over, your score will not count. Get the highest score possible. If you beat the game, take your picture on the end screen where Billy rescues Marian (you can pause the game here). Any sort of point glitches in the game that can allow you to rack up points are forbidden.  These include, but are not limited to, the weapon point glitch in Level 2 and exiting and re-entering areas (these include the Pink Cave and Blue Cave).  It is also forbidden to exit and re-enter areas to restore your health.  Anyone suspected of using any of these tactics or glitches will have their score disqualified. Point racking will be okay for this contest since there is a timer in the game. Highest score wins. Participation: 10,000 GENRE: Beat 'Em Up There are some special point bonuses that will be applied if a master fighter beats the game:
      If you beat the game on your last life (your life meter says P-0), you get no bonus. If you beat the game and have one extra life remaining (your life meter says P-1), add 10,000 points to your score. If you beat the game and have all your lives remaining (no-deathing the game) (your life meter says P-2), add 20,000 points to your score.
      The contest ends Sunday, 08/01/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.