IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - KID NIKI

BeaIank

1 minute ago, Krunch said:

Lol!  No wonder it's so inconsistent.  Hard strategy to criticize, seems like the games sold well, lots of em have a few different prints.  I only really like Spelunker i found, havent tried em all lode runner might be ok or Raid on Bungleing Bay.  battle of olympus I got no time for.

The Guardian Legend is my favourite Broderbund-published game; I believe it was developed by Compile...

And yeah, the manual's backstory for Holy Diver is the most hilarious attempt at a metal story of all time...

On 9/12/2021 at 11:20 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

And yeah, the manual's backstory for Holy Diver is the most hilarious attempt at a metal story of all time...

I hear this game's so Fuckin' Metal they're gonna make room for it on the periodic table.

Edited by PII

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

The Guardian Legend is my favourite Broderbund-published game; I believe it was developed by Compile...

Lol did Dio write that story himself?  Cause it really seemed like he wrote that story himself @PII

I dont like shmups, can hardly play em, so i didnt like GL but yeah its pretty good, everyone seemed to like it during one contest week.  Most fun I had with it was doing a quick flip on a local CIB that was there forever years back when it "spiked" to $50

On 9/5/2021 at 2:23 PM, docile tapeworm said:

stephen chow gong fu GIF

pie in your eye - 383500

morphius - 377200

bert and ernie - 366b00

meerkat - 143800

michael - 136500

nintendo junkie - 131100

8bitties - 130800

i have - 130000

dont wiz on the electric fence - 128200

richie - 92600

skinny - 81500

krunch - 37100

neo - 37000

unofficial leaderboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

So three people beat the game and nobody else even made it past level 4.

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

Never tried. I didn't make good use of my spare time to play this game last week. Seemed cool from the screenshots lol

ya i couldnt get myself to play much. i made  it to the bubbles once but didnt take the picture thinking i would do better lol. then on sunday i tried late and it didnt happen.

17 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I'm hoping to gain a lot of ground with POW. Love that game.

You, me, and krunch are only ones in striking distance for beat em up cat. With POW being the last game, Id say you have it wrapped up barring death or disfigurement in the interim. 

At some point I had read good things about POW and found my cart and gave it an honest shot. Was mildly entertained for a couple levels, but happy to throw in the towell at the first sign of adversity and move onto something else. Dont see going from that to dethroning you at one of your favorites. Maybe @Krunchis a pow champ and can give you a run for your money

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

You, me, and krunch are only ones in striking distance for beat em up cat. With POW being the last game, Id say you have it wrapped up barring death or disfigurement in the interim. 

At some point I had read good things about POW and found my cart and gave it an honest shot. Was mildly entertained for a couple levels, but happy to throw in the towell at the first sign of adversity and move onto something else. Dont see going from that to dethroning you at one of your favorites. Maybe @Krunchis a pow champ and can give you a run for your money

Here are the scores from last time. But this included adding extra points for lives remaining after beating the game. https://connect.gocollect.com/discussion/186467/nintendoage-2019-weekly-contests-presents-p-o-w

• The topic was unpinned