BeaIank

37 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

/fixed

On 8/29/2021 at 11:37 AM, BeaIank said:
1st 0xDEAFC0DE Round 10 (victory) - 583,122
... ... ...
4th the_wizard_666 Round 10 (victory) - 471,718
On 8/26/2021 at 3:24 AM, the_wizard_666 said:

I happen to like MUSCLE.  It's not great, but for such an early game, it's not as bad as people claim.  Used to play the crap out of it on my buddy's 31-in-1 cart when I was a kid, game was fun in short bursts.

Fun fact: I've never played MUSCLE before (or the vast majority of these games)

EDIT: Just realized Bea hasn't updated the scoreboard with the final results. So, you should be 3rd with a 522k score. Point still stands.

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE

1 hour ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Fun fact: I've never played MUSCLE before (or the vast majority of these games)

EDIT: Just realized Bea hasn't updated the scoreboard with the final results. So, you should be 3rd with a 522k score. Point still stands.

My score was achieved with no knowledge of the scoring system and without hacking the code to find out.  It was also only my third attempt...had I tried one or two more, I would've taken your score down no problem.  Face it, if this was a game you could've dug into the code to find out how to score big, you would've put in more effort than a mere participation score.

26 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

My score was achieved with no knowledge of the scoring system and without hacking the code to find out.  It was also only my third attempt...had I tried one or two more, I would've taken your score down no problem.  Face it, if this was a game you could've dug into the code to find out how to score big, you would've put in more effort than a mere participation score.

In his defense, deaf is good at sports games all around. Some of which I dont think looking at the code would really be helpful.

For example, Im a huge heavy shreddin fan and I gave it everything figuring out how to have a perfect run than burn all 9 lives you accumulate on the final level where most points can be gained. And still beat it of course. He got me by lke 2k and I still dont know where he found it. And I cant imagine how code would be helpful there, though my knowledge on that subject is limited 

23 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

In his defense, deaf is good at sports games all around. Some of which I dont think looking at the code would really be helpful.

Well this is going to be put to the test with the next game because I don't think anyone here grew up playing kunio kun Basketball for the famicom....

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Well this is going to be put to the test with the next game because I don't think anyone here grew up playing kunio kun Basketball for the famicom....

Yeah, but isnt that the whole debate? When he does well everyone blames coding. Some truth to it depending on the week, but he has a lot of skill regardless 

6 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Yeah, but isnt that the whole debate? When he does well everyone blames coding. Some truth to it depending on the week, but he has a lot of skill regardless 

He's locked down the Puzzle and Sports categories, that's for sure.  It makes sense that code-peaking can greatly increase one's performance in puzzle games, due to learning how score modifiers and massive "combos" can work and whatnot, but I certainly did not expect the Sports leaderboard to turn out like it has...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

9 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

That reminds me I meant to post what I found in the code. But honestly, it wasn't that much helpful last week. In the end all I found was the best strategy was to keep kicking the AI's ass and then let them tag out, and lose one match to go three rounds. Plus since I was out of town for the weekend, I didn't spend that much time on it either. 

But I'll concede that I do put more effort into games and I can dig into the code. However those aren't the only games I do well in. 

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

For example, Im a huge heavy shreddin fan and I gave it everything figuring out how to have a perfect run than burn all 9 lives you accumulate on the final level where most points can be gained. And still beat it of course. He got me by lke 2k and I still dont know where he found it. And I cant imagine how code would be helpful there, though my knowledge on that subject is limited 

Ah that was a fun one. I vaguely remember doing a crap ton of handstands in the in between sections. I found out (though experimentation not code) that it only gives you so many trick points per section, so it's best to do them up front and go fast through the rest (something about doing tricks while it's counting up the score for completing a section makes it give less points). 

7 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

He's locked down the Puzzle and Sports categories, that's for sure.  It makes sense that code-peaking can greatly increase one's performance in puzzle games, due to learning how score modifiers and massive "combos" can work and whatnot, but I certainly did not expect the Sports leaderboard to turn out like it has...

Honestly, it's just because puzzle games are my favorite genre. Unfortunately, most of them on the NES are broken in some way when going for score such as Dr. Mario. However, the only puzzle I've looked into the code for was Quarth. Dr. Mario was already broken by other people (although I might have looked into the code a bit since the best description was in Japanese and Google translate isn't the best), and Wrecking Crew's point system was pretty obvious. Similarly I didn't code dive on any of the games from last year (Yoshi's Cookie, Puzznic, Q*Bert, Tetris, Krazy Kreatures) as most of them also had simple point systems. 

• Like 1

@0xDEAFC0DE, I was doing all the things you listed above for heavy shreddin and executed without fail. The only thing I could think of is you may have been taking a path on the final stage that yielded slightly more points, ie you may have stayed high where I went low or vice versa. Wouldn't make much difference once, but playing through it 9 times, a small difference could add up

16 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

@0xDEAFC0DE, I was doing all the things you listed above for heavy shreddin and executed without fail. The only thing I could think of is you may have been taking a path on the final stage that yielded slightly more points, ie you may have stayed high where I went low or vice versa. Wouldn't make much difference once, but playing through it 9 times, a small difference could add up

Just read through the thread again. My best guess is that you were slowly bleeding points by doing your tricks while the progression points were totaling up (so each trick had a chance of not giving you full points). But, I don't remember enough to know if a different path in the final stage would make a difference.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

went yard sale'n today. saw one stack of xbox 360 games. set them back down to check to think about them and a 60 year old lady scoop them instantly lol. any way not a bad day...

$1E90B6204-69AB-4320-A16A-FC33CFC23C0F.jpeg.e91197b4ad3b6c83850e0d63e1f54988.jpeg

$20D9973717-2616-40C5-8D43-049147B27AD3.jpeg.bab98f4dec416d4fbcba35e09da8e8cc.jpeg

and the fucking score of the day baby! wwwwooooo!!! got a bad ass kenwood amp to power it

$25A231487F-54C9-4119-854E-BA4C58740C12.jpeg.1147cf4826f5a630fc2d8c0eed32b7c5.jpeg

Will DJ skinny be ready in time for msu to come to town and wipe the floor with the U? Did the cardinals beat the @Bearcat-Dougreds tonight to open up a real wild card race? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Will DJ skinny be ready in time for msu to come to town and wipe the floor with the U? Did the cardinals beat the @Bearcat-Dougreds tonight to open up a real wild card race? 

Luckily San Diego keeps losing or they would've had the wild card locked up by now. The Reds play 9 of their last 18 games against the Pirates, so they may actually pull it off.

On 9/5/2021 at 4:32 PM, BeaIank said:

Fine. I will change it to midnight Brasilia time.

Most weeks it doesnt make a difference, but this week it did! Not a big one, but I figured out how to beat the level 3 boss, cleared the 100k mark, and moved up some after little guy wejt down. Thanks again for the rule change!

Should have played more this week. I ended up playing a lot of mario golf 64. While I have no basis at all for it, I still blame @Jeevan

• Love 1