IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - KID NIKI

BeaIank

31 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's about time you showed up. I was starting to worry that you were in jail again.

I should have posted it, but when I was playing this sunday night, I actually thought "this is totally a game bert will appear out of nowhere early in the week with a 1 lc while the rest of us struggle with it til sunday." Only surprise is it doesnt appear he beat the game.

Makes me feel better because Im getting nowhere with it. Would help if the main character werent slower than molasses.

Edited by NESfiend

Just now, NESfiend said:

I should have posted it, but when I was playing this sunday night, I actually thought "this is totally a game bert will appear out of nowhere early in the week with a 1 life cc while the rest of us struggle with it til sunday." Only surprise is it doesnt appear he beat the game.

Makes me feel better because Im getting nowhere with it. Would help if the main character werent slower than molasses.

Since he finally showed up, maybe I should just beat the game. I am enjoying the two week vacation though.

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Ah haaaa so you have already beat it! Nicely done. Its late in the season to renew the doug/bert rivalry, but Im all for it

I haven't played anymore since Sunday. He didn't even try to beat my Elevator Action score. I'm sure he's busy hoping I don't qualify for the tournament.    

• Haha 1

Okay, pretty much every single one of you is point scumming, because when I died on my first man at the start of Round 5, I only had 143K.  I guess I gotta stop following the rules by pushing forward hard and just sort of leisurely make my way through the game, facing twice as many enemies by happenstance...   😒

Seriously though, the ruleset for this game should have been progess plus lowest score as the tie-break.  If two or more people beat the game this week, the "winner" will be the one who sat back the longest to face the most enemies.  It actually takes far more skill to beat this game with a low score run.  Oh well, c'est la vie...😕

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Okay, pretty much every single one of you is point scumming, because when I died on my first man at the start of Round 5, I only had 143K.  I guess I gotta stop following the rules by pushing forward hard and just sort of leisurely make my way through the game, facing twice as many enemies by happenstance...   😒

Seriously though, the ruleset for this game should have been progess plus lowest score as the tie-break.  If two or more people beat the game this week, the "winner" will be the one who sat back the longest to face the most enemies.  Oh well, c'est la vie...😕

There are “secret” areas and ways to get more points without point pressing. I have played this game a lot over the years and I can beat it. I haven’t however made it past stage 2 without losing a life…..

So what do I know?🤷🏽‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

There are “secret” areas and ways to get more points without point pressing. I have played this game a lot over the years and I can beat it. I haven’t however made it past stage 2 without losing a life…..

So what do I know?🤷🏽‍♂️

Oh, well I haven't done any internet research on this game, all I know is that it's gotta be about the easiest game in human history to farm points on.  Why look for secret areas for points when you can literally stand just about anywhere in the game and tap B?

4 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Oh, well I haven't done any internet research on this game, all I know is that it's gotta be about the easiest game in human history to farm points on.  Why look for secret areas for points when you can literally stand just about anywhere in the game and tap B?

Because that’s cheating per the rule set. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Richardhead said:

Because that’s cheating per the rule set. 

That's my point!  But I will look into these secret areas you've mentioned and see what kind of point difference it makes.  I just feel like so many people are going to no-death the game this week that the "winner" with the most points will have used tactics that are, shall we say, questionable.

I no-deathed to the start of Round 5 on my third game, and then when I played it out, I found Round 6 and 7 to be an absolute joke compared to most of the preceding Rounds.  For me, the very start of Round 5 was the toughest part of the game, so once you get past that on one life, the sky's the limit...

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

Okay, I just checked gamefaqs, and there are indeed five bonus areas in the first four levels that have really cryptic entry points that I doubt anyone would just find on his own.  So I guess everyone but me researched up on this before they played and hit every single secret area in their path.  Yeah, that's it; carry on; my bad!.....  🙂

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Okay, I just checked gamefaqs, and there are indeed five bonus areas in the first four levels that have really cryptic entry points that I doubt anyone would just find on his own.  So I guess everyone but me researched up on this before they played and hit every single secret area in their path.  Yeah, that's it; carry on; my bad!.....  🙂

I only know of one area. I assumed there were more….

6 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Seriously though, the ruleset for this game should have been progess plus lowest score as the tie-break.  If two or more people beat the game this week, the "winner" will be the one who sat back the longest to face the most enemies.  It actually takes far more skill to beat this game with a low score run.  Oh well, c'est la vie...😕

the winner might not even rack points on purpose. thats the worst part. a player who honestly cant get through a section as quickly will score more points. this was my complaint for gradius 2. and in gradius 2, weapon selection could render more points, between two equal players, due to ripple being less powerful than laser.

4 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

needs to be low score contest. otherwise inferior gameplay for tha win!

i dont mind playing broken games. there is alot of them. low score fixes it but that takes away the spirit of the game and arguably the fun. this another point for geral leader not being the true champ.

Edited by docile tapeworm

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

you cant stop legit accidental point racking. 

That happens in a ton of games we played through the years and years of the contest.
And so far, only Bert managed to beat the bloody game.
I could consider y'all case if many more of you did the same feat and the point discrepancy was too large to ignore.

13 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

That happens in a ton of games we played through the years and years of the contest.
And so far, only Bert managed to beat the bloody game.
I could consider y'all case if many more of you did the same feat and the point discrepancy was too large to ignore.

i understand we have played many broken games. does no one care to fix the issue? if so than it is what it is. 

btw its only wednesday 🙂 you know we dont post what we got until sunday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

6 hours ago, Richardhead said:

I only know of one area. I assumed there were more….

i dont know of any. i dont mind researching a game. i mean lets face it bert and others have been playing these nintender tapes for 100 years. you have to research sometimes just to have the same starting line. but then ill hop on the thread and the share bears are gushing out a walkthru like there that 69 fella in interrogation. and then you got players analyzing code. wtf lol. ok, you know how to read the matrix...congratulations???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2