IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - KID NIKI

BeaIank

8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

@BeaIankif I ask really nicely, can we push it to old time of midnight Brasilia? My kid goes to bed an hour before that. I like that window for one last run even though it rarely yields anything聽

My vote probably means zilch, but I'm inclined to allow it since he asked nicely 馃槢聽 Just so long as everyone has the same window.

• Like 1

Finally got a participation score after several failed attempts.聽 I had some red enemies spawn in quick succession, which was a small boost..let me get the score just before the first boss (gonna have to relearn how to fight him as well...been too damn long since I last played).聽 Then I realized my phone is charging, meaning I can't snap a picture just yet.聽 So now I have to decide if I wanna wait to snap a 15,200 score that I'm probably gonna beat later anyway, or just keep going.聽

IMG_20210905_202456286.thumb.jpg.90669e3abe3b3a48334d4d5b3e6510bd.jpg

Love the game, but I suck at it.聽 Phone's charged, so here's my participation score.聽 I can likely do better, but I may or may not find time to do so.

SCORE EDIT: Put a bit more time into actually submitting a reasonable score.聽 Hardest part is getting the levels down.聽 This particular level is a pain in the arse though.聽 Don't know if I have it in me to improve on this one...love the game, but only in short doses - like most platformers, they just grate on me if I play too long.

Edited by the_wizard_666
  • Like 3

Love the graphics, general gameplay, enemies, etc. Kind of has an adventure island feel with ninias. Badass. This would be knocking on the door to the coveted 'hidden gem' territory but for one maddening aspect.聽

Why does the character have to move so goddamn slow. It takes an eternity to get from one enemy to the next. Im hurting my thumb pressing down on the dpad hoping he will move faster, but he does not. Hes the slowest ninja since chris farley

2 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

SCORE EDIT: Put a bit more time into actually submitting a reasonable score.聽 Hardest part is getting the levels down.聽 This particular level is a pain in the arse though.聽 Don't know if I have it in me to improve on this one...love the game, but only in short doses - like most platformers, they just grate on me if I play too long.

That ice cave level is a pain. I rolled right along up until then.聽

MemberPosted
On 9/5/2021 at 3:14 PM, the_wizard_666 said:

My vote probably means zilch, but I'm inclined to allow it since he asked nicely 馃槢聽 Just so long as everyone has the same window.

I do also have this window for what it's worth. 聽Hmm... better put up a better shot this week.聽

what do you guys think of this idea?

i will go onto facebook marketplace and sort the local listings聽to nearest distance. then i pick out furniture for the lowest prices (if they are asking $50 for junk i skip it). after that i message them this:聽

"hello. do you happen to have any video games and or consoles, nintendo, sega, playstation, atari? thank you."

i call it "virtual聽yard sale'n"聽its never worked. ill get a reply of yes sometimes but they will either ghost me when i ask how much聽or,聽if they say they dont know a price, i shoot first and they reply with "uuuuhhh i think ill just keep it". if i reply with "how mich do you want then?" they ghost me.

its fun though. you have to weed out聽the flipper profiles, its not hard to recognize from a profile who will be trying to ask $150 for a playstation.

Edited by docile tapeworm

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

facebook marketplace

This is where you lost me. Im sure you and/or others occasionally find stuff on there. I find it to be a sea of shit and strange people. I gave up on craigs list and the like a long time ago. Headaches outweigh yield and secret is out that video games may actually ve worth something, so ppl rarely give shit away.聽

My wife sells stuff on FB marketplace. She will find something she paid 200 bucks for and never used once. List it for 20 bucks. Then 20 people聽message her in a race to get to our house first. Then my wife puts the item on our porch, locks the door, and sits around sweating that the person may actually be coming to rape or rob her. I keep telling her its REALLY not worth 20 bucks to fear being victimized in a major crime. This is what good will is for.聽

• Agree 1

• BeaIank unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By BeaIank
      Welcome to the last round of the Action genre in the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest, which will define who will claim the title and bring it home!
      For the Action genre run, we have聽@Dr. Morbis聽leading with 28 points, with @PII聽and @bertsampson聽tied in 2nd with 23 points. Finally @NESfiend聽and @mbd39are tied in 4th with 21 points. All of them have the chance to claim the title, despite the big lead Dr. Morbis sports.
      The rules for this week are as follow:
      1 life only Once you die, take your picture death screen, which stays on for a very short time, or wait till you respawn, pause the game and take your picture If you beat the final boss without dying, be quick to take a picture of him dying then pause the game when you respawn at 1-1 It is not allowed to point press at the boss door if you have flying. Once you reach the boss door, you have to go in. Highest score wins Participation: 5,000 points Genre: Arcade
      Best of luck, gentlemen and gentlewomen.
      The contest ends Sunday, 10/17/21聽at midnight聽Brasilia time. Your user name聽MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.聽 The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.聽 No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.聽 No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.聽 You must take a picture of your computer monitor.聽 There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.聽 Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies,聽slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.聽 Also, we will only be using聽NTSC聽systems for the contests.聽 The use of聽PAL聽systems will聽NOT be allowed.聽 Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Hello and welcome, players!
      Be prepared, for this week you will have to rely on your fists, feet, knifes and machine guns to make through P.O.W.!
      This week will decide who will claim the crown to the Beat 'em up genre, proving they are the best bare hand fighter at VGS!
      @mbd39聽currently leads the Beat 'em up scoreboard, with 23 points. Right behind him we have @NESfiend聽with 22 points, Krunch is creeping really close to both of them with 21 points.
      The three of them are the only ones with a chance to claim the title!
      So, without further ado, here's the rules
      Play until Game Over No point racking If you score less than 20,000 points, be ready to take your picture at the Game Over screen (it doesn鈥檛 stay up long) If you score more than 20,000 points, start a new game to get your score Each extra life remaining after beating the game adds 5000 points to your score. Highest score wins GENRE: Beat 鈥楨m Up
      The contest ends Sunday, 10/10/21聽at midnight聽Brasilia time. Your user name聽MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.聽 The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.聽 No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.聽 No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.聽 You must take a picture of your computer monitor.聽 There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.聽 Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies,聽slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.聽 Also, we will only be using聽NTSC聽systems for the contests.聽 The use of聽PAL聽systems will聽NOT be allowed.聽 Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! Welcome to another deciding round of our VGS NES Weekly Contest!
      This week will decide who will claim the title of best arcade player of 2021!

Right now @Dr. Morbisleads with 25 points, followed by @Jeevan聽with 23 points and @mbd39聽with 21 points. @NESfiend聽with 18 points isn't completely out of the race!
      To decide the Arcade genre winner, we will be playing THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!
      The rules are simple:
      Pick 1 player mode Play till game over or till you beat the game Take your picture at the title screen. Your score will be showing at 1P and at Hi Highest score wins Participation: 10,000 points Genre: Arcade Have a good, fair fight lads.

The contest ends Sunday, 10/03/21聽at midnight聽Brasilia time. Your user name聽MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.聽 The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.聽 No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.聽 No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.聽 You must take a picture of your computer monitor.聽 There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.聽 Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies,聽slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.聽 Also, we will only be using聽NTSC聽systems for the contests.聽 The use of聽PAL聽systems will聽NOT be allowed.聽 Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      Ladies and gentlemen, we are BACK with the last round of games of our beloved VGS NES Weekly Contest!
      To decide who will wear the laurels and claim the fame of being the 2021 VGS NES Weekly Contest Sports champion, we have one epic game of brutal action, where basketball meets street brawling!
      ARE YOU READY FOR聽Nekketsu Street Basketball?
      The rules are below:
      Pick battle mode (2nd option in the game) Pick 1P mode Pick Nekketsu as your team (first team in the screen) Pick US Navy as your opponent (second team in the screen) Pick the VEGAS stage to play on (second stage to the left, with the slot machines icon) Take your picture at the end of the match. Highest score difference for the Nekketsu team wins Participation: Beat the second team
      @0xDEAFC0DEhas a very comfortable 4 points lead over @NESfiend, who is the only who can challenge him for the Sports title this year.
      For Nesfiend to win, he needs to win this week and hope @0xDEAFC0DE聽doesn't score over 6th place, since he will be tied on most wins, but loses on the 2nd tie breaker, most 2nd places.
      Will he be able to pull such a miracle to claim the crown? Time will tell!
      The contest ends Sunday, 09/26/21聽at midnight聽Brasilia time. Your user name聽MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.聽 The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.聽 No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.聽 No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.聽 You must take a picture of your computer monitor.聽 There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.聽 Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies,聽slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.聽 Also, we will only be using聽NTSC聽systems for the contests.聽 The use of聽PAL聽systems will聽NOT be allowed.聽 Good luck everyone and have fun
    • By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, welcome for a week of epic, high level wrestling in our beloved contest!
      Put in your ludicrous spandex costumes, pick your team and muscle up your way to victory!
      The rules for this week are simple:
      Play 1 player聽game Pick any characters you want Play till you win round 10 or till you lose. Take your picture at the round score screen. Be wary that you may not have a lot of time after winning round 10 The winning condition is progress plus high score Participation: Make it to round 2 Genre:聽Sports
      The contest ends Sunday, 09/06/21聽at midnight聽Brasilia time. Your user name聽MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.聽 The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.聽 No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.聽 No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.聽 You must take a picture of your computer monitor.聽 There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.聽 Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies,聽slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.聽 Also, we will only be using聽NTSC聽systems for the contests.聽 The use of聽PAL聽systems will聽NOT be allowed.聽 Good luck everyone and have fun.