IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - KID NIKI

BeaIank

8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

@BeaIankif I ask really nicely, can we push it to old time of midnight Brasilia? My kid goes to bed an hour before that. I like that window for one last run even though it rarely yields anything 

My vote probably means zilch, but I'm inclined to allow it since he asked nicely 😛  Just so long as everyone has the same window.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
27 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

@BeaIankif I ask really nicely, can we push it to old time of midnight Brasilia? My kid goes to bed an hour before that. I like that window for one last run even though it rarely yields anything 

Fine. I will change it to midnight Brasilia time.

• Thanks 1

Finally got a participation score after several failed attempts.  I had some red enemies spawn in quick succession, which was a small boost..let me get the score just before the first boss (gonna have to relearn how to fight him as well...been too damn long since I last played).  Then I realized my phone is charging, meaning I can't snap a picture just yet.  So now I have to decide if I wanna wait to snap a 15,200 score that I'm probably gonna beat later anyway, or just keep going. 

IMG_20210905_202456286.thumb.jpg.90669e3abe3b3a48334d4d5b3e6510bd.jpg

Love the game, but I suck at it.  Phone's charged, so here's my participation score.  I can likely do better, but I may or may not find time to do so.

SCORE EDIT: Put a bit more time into actually submitting a reasonable score.  Hardest part is getting the levels down.  This particular level is a pain in the arse though.  Don't know if I have it in me to improve on this one...love the game, but only in short doses - like most platformers, they just grate on me if I play too long.

Edited by the_wizard_666
  • Like 3

Love the graphics, general gameplay, enemies, etc. Kind of has an adventure island feel with ninias. Badass. This would be knocking on the door to the coveted 'hidden gem' territory but for one maddening aspect. 

Why does the character have to move so goddamn slow. It takes an eternity to get from one enemy to the next. Im hurting my thumb pressing down on the dpad hoping he will move faster, but he does not. Hes the slowest ninja since chris farley

2 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

SCORE EDIT: Put a bit more time into actually submitting a reasonable score.  Hardest part is getting the levels down.  This particular level is a pain in the arse though.  Don't know if I have it in me to improve on this one...love the game, but only in short doses - like most platformers, they just grate on me if I play too long.

That ice cave level is a pain. I rolled right along up until then. 

what do you guys think of this idea?

i will go onto facebook marketplace and sort the local listings to nearest distance. then i pick out furniture for the lowest prices (if they are asking $50 for junk i skip it). after that i message them this: 

"hello. do you happen to have any video games and or consoles, nintendo, sega, playstation, atari? thank you."

i call it "virtual yard sale'n" its never worked. ill get a reply of yes sometimes but they will either ghost me when i ask how much or, if they say they dont know a price, i shoot first and they reply with "uuuuhhh i think ill just keep it". if i reply with "how mich do you want then?" they ghost me.

its fun though. you have to weed out the flipper profiles, its not hard to recognize from a profile who will be trying to ask $150 for a playstation.

Edited by docile tapeworm

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

facebook marketplace

This is where you lost me. Im sure you and/or others occasionally find stuff on there. I find it to be a sea of shit and strange people. I gave up on craigs list and the like a long time ago. Headaches outweigh yield and secret is out that video games may actually ve worth something, so ppl rarely give shit away. 

My wife sells stuff on FB marketplace. She will find something she paid 200 bucks for and never used once. List it for 20 bucks. Then 20 people message her in a race to get to our house first. Then my wife puts the item on our porch, locks the door, and sits around sweating that the person may actually be coming to rape or rob her. I keep telling her its REALLY not worth 20 bucks to fear being victimized in a major crime. This is what good will is for. 

• Agree 1