IGNORED

HELP completing my SNES collection. Only 13 games left…

Nick-Speed

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That's what I have, not gotten around to ebay rolling it yet, was thinking next month once i get rid of some of my bloated gameboy stash. 🙂  I just wasn't on my PC before, don't keep all that image bomb on my phone.

snes-spiderman.JPG

That’s the guy. Looks great to me. Feel free to fire a DM over with your price when you’re ready, but I’m eager to pick it up. Thanks for checking into it for me.

Events Helper · Posted
On 9/5/2021 at 1:48 PM, Nick-Speed said:
  • Kawasaki Super Bike Challenge
  • Kirby Superstar
  • Uncharted Waters: New Horizons

I believe I have these 3, i will double check the next few days to make sure and send you pics.  Then if you and Tanooki come up with a plan on that one, as soon as he ships it here I can send all of them up to ya!

Give me the weekend to get you pics of them and we will come up with a price for them!  Then we can deal with shipping.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I wrote him.  What I said to him was I'd do $20 shipped to you (jeevan) since he'll have to cover it over the border.  If he's ok with it, then we can figure out the details.

Very much ok with this. Very awesome of you both.

7 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I believe I have these 3, i will double check the next few days to make sure and send you pics.  Then if you and Tanooki come up with a plan on that one, as soon as he ships it here I can send all of them up to ya!

Give me the weekend to get you pics of them and we will come up with a price for them!  Then we can deal with shipping.

Yep these three are great. I’m in no rush. Happy to wait brought the weekend for pics. I’m certain I’ll be happy with what you send, but we can discuss price from there. 
Really appreciate the effort. This community is absolutely amazing. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 11:48 AM, Nick-Speed said:

Here’s what I’m looking for: 

• Breath of Fire II
  • Chester Cheetah’s Wild Wild Quest
  • College Football ‘97: Road to New Orleans (EA College Football)
  • Donkey Kong Country Competition
  • Dragon View
  • Final Fight 3
  • Firestriker
  • First Samurai
  • Imperium
  • Inspector Gadget
  • International Superstar Soccer
  • Itchy and Scratchy
  • Kirby Superstar
  • Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Liberty or Death
  • Metal Morph
  • Micro Machines
  • Operation Thunderbolt
  • Rise of the Phoenix
  • Run Saber
  • SOS Sink or Swim
  • Shein’s Revenge
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization
  • Sim City 2000
  • Sonic Blastman 2
  • Spider-Man The Animated Series
  • Spanky’s Quest
  • Spindizzy Worlds
  • Uncharted Waters: New Horizons

Just edited my want list to reflect some pending sales. Appreciate all the help so far. Please do let me know if y'all have any of these that you'd be willing to part with.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's been a busy few weeks at work, but wanted to share a pic of the latest additions in their new home (added another one of the entire SNES collection, in case anyone's interested).

Thanks so much @Tanooki and @Jeevan for your help and sheer awesomeness in coordinating your efforts to get these games over to me. It's very greatly appreciated. 

Just edited my original post to reflect a pick up I made in Toronto a couple weeks ago. Only 21 games left. If anyone has these ones around and is looking to part with them, I'd be more than happy to work something out. 

Appreciate you all!

1999859601_snescollection1.JPG.aa9093ce0aa8445258579d75deabe37b.JPG

280020030_snescollection2.thumb.JPG.4156127e088c405b0eb020bd118a1de4.JPG

• Like 2

• The title was changed to HELP completing my SNES collection. Only 13 games left…

Hi all,

Quick update. I’m now down to 13 games remaining on my quest to complete my SNES collection. If anyone has these games and is interested in parting with them, please do let me know. Huge props to this community for being so helpful and supportive. Wouldn’t be here without you.

Here’s what I’m looking for: 

• Breath of Fire II
  • College Football ‘97: Road to New Orleans (EA College Football)
  • Dragon View
  • Final Fight 3
  • Firestriker
  • First Samurai
  • Imperium
  • Inspector Gadget
  • Itchy and Scratchy
  • Kirby Superstar
  • Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Liberty or Death
  • Metal Morph
  • Micro Machines
  • Operation Thunderbolt
  • Rise of the Phoenix
  • Run Saber
  • SOS Sink or Swim
  • Shein’s Revenge
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization
  • Sim City 2000
  • Sonic Blastman 2
  • Spider-Man The Animated Series
  • Spanky’s Quest
  • Spindizzy Worlds
  • Uncharted Waters: New Horizon

Also, some thoughts and musings on the ones I’m missing:

- DKCC is almost an impossibility at this point, but I’m holding out hope. I bought a copy of the Retrozone Green repro from back in the day, but it doesn’t fill the hole the right way. I had the opportunity to buy a copy for 700 CAD at a game store in Ottawa about six years ago but I balked on it because it had a ripped label. Wish I had taken the plunge.

- I have never seen the College Football 97’ in the wild or in a game store. Guess it wasn’t big up here…

- What are the supernatural forces at work that cause ISS carts to be the most consistently scuzzy and beat up in he entire catalogue of games? I’ve been looking for this one since the beginning (20 yrs) and I’ve never seen one that doesn’t look like garbage. Very weird.

- Sonic Blastman 2 is that game in my want list that has slipped through my fingers the most. I’ve been so close and lost it 8 times. I’ve had two ppl hold it for me only to sell it when I got to them to pick it up. That’s the way it goes sometimes though…

• 1 year later...

Hey y’all,

it’s been about a year since my last post, so I thought it would be good to update my SNES wanted list recap my year in hunting. 

I managed to grab three games this year. I got Run Saber from “Niner” here on VGS, which was exciting for me. I had wanted this game for a while but had never seen it im a condition I could live with. It’s a super fun game too.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had never seen College Football 97 anywhere in the wild. One day I walked into Video Game Trader in Calgary and found it sealed CIB for 60 bucks. Snapped it up right away.

Just picked up Operation Thunderbolt yesterday from A&C Games in Toronto for an ok price.

Overall I’d say progress has been slow. This due a bit to me not chasing as hard as I have in previous years, but also because I find it’s getting next to impossible to find a decent selection of these games anymore. This is true in Canada but also noticed it in the States as well (albeit with a very small sample size).

I was in Vegas in Oct and visited the excellent Retro City Games thinking I’d be able to make a big dent in my list, but they had no games I needed (although I did pick up an awesome Exertainment Exercise Bike modem for $70, which is kinda cool).

The folks running that shop were amazing though. They double checked their database against what I needed to make sure they didn’t have anything, and spent a bunch of time shooting the shit about SNES with me, which I always appreciate. Good dudes!

I guess the market will continue drying up as years go by, but hoping I can nab the last 10 this year…or 9 as I fear DKCC is likely out of reach.

Below is my updated wants list. Please do let me know if you have these and are interested to sell. I’d be more than happy to take them off your hands.

• Breath of Fire II
  • College Football 97
  • Dragon View
  • Final Fight 3
  • Firestriker
  • First Samurai
  • Imperium
  • Inspector Gadget
  • Itchy and Scratchy