IGNORED

HELP completing my SNES collection. Only 13 games left…

Nick-Speed

Hi all, 

This community (and the previous one from the site which shall not be named) has been instrumental in helping me achieve my 20+ year goal of completing a North American SNES cartridge set.

I’m now on the cusp of completion, with only 29 games left to go, and I’m hoping to elicit the help of this community once more to help me cross the finish line.

I’m in Calgary, Canada, and happy to help figure out shipping logistics for any international friends looking to send this way. I’ll consider loose, CIB and anything in between. Happy to consider all condition levels as well.

Here’s what I’m looking for: 

• Breath of Fire II
  • Chester Cheetah’s Wild Wild Quest
  • College Football ‘97: Road to New Orleans (EA College Football)
  • Donkey Kong Country Competition
  • Dragon View
  • Final Fight 3
  • Firestriker
  • First Samurai
  • Imperium
  • Inspector Gadget
  • International Superstar Soccer
  • Itchy and Scratchy
  • Kawasaki Super Bike Challenge
  • Kirby Superstar
  • Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Liberty or Death
  • Metal Morph
  • Micro Machines
  • Operation Thunderbolt
  • Rise of the Phoenix
  • Run Saber
  • SOS Sink or Swim
  • Shein’s Revenge
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization
  • Sim City 2000
  • Sonic Blastman 2
  • Spider-Man The Animated Series
  • Spanky’s Quest
  • Spindizzy Worlds
  • Uncharted Waters: New Horizons

Would also be interested in any unique boxed SNES sets and items anyone might have, specifically the Killer Instinct and Super Game Boy pack-ins, and Mario Paint in-box (they’ve been a dream of mine to have).

Very appreciative of any help this community is able to provide. You’ve all been wonderful to me and my collection over the years, and I can’t thank you all enough.

Edited by Nick-Speed
  • Love 1

I just started this same journey about 3 weeks ago and it's been a blast even so far. I can't imagine being only 20+ games away. Im trying to get all mine in the wild and hopefully through VGS. Obviously there are some that won't pop up in the wild (hagane, aerofighters, etc) but I'm gonna see what kind of damage I can do before going to fleabay. If I come by any of these needs for you I'll PM you! Good luck with the final stretch!! 

I’m just starting the SNES journey as well. The NES complete loose sucked but the N64 wasn’t bad so I’m hoping the SNES will be somewhere in the middle. I’m about 210 into SNES and have a long way to go!

Good luck to you as you round out the set. I don’t see any of the higher priced stuff so it should be a stroll to the finish line!

Spiderman is that the one with just Spiderman on the sticker with the mostly dreaded LJN rainbow, none of the other jibberish as there's a few versions.  I might be able to help with that, problem is trying to ever find time to go deal with the lame post office and deal with import forms as I'm thinking I may have that cart.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Spiderman is that the one with just Spiderman on the sticker with the mostly dreaded LJN rainbow, none of the other jibberish as there's a few versions.  I might be able to help with that, problem is trying to ever find time to go deal with the lame post office and deal with import forms as I'm thinking I may have that cart.

It's this one:

Super Nintendo- Spider-Man - Movie Galore

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

You can do those all online via Paypal even with First Class International!

45 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Do I know you?  I'm not familiar with the username, but I know (or know of) most of the local collectors.

I can’t say for sure, but it’s possible. I met a bunch of former NA’ers at a couple meet ups Triheart organized. Did we meet there perhaps? If not, pleasure to meet you 🙂

29 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Alright well yeah, then I do have that.

Awesome. Happy to take it off your hands if you’re willing to part with it? Shoot me a note when you have some time and we can go from there. Not sure what’s involved, form-wise, but happy to help out in any way I can. Appreciate it!!

14 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

You can do those all online via Paypal even with First Class International!

I either missed that, or as little as a few years back I couldn't get it to work, and trying to use the USPS website at that time was such an utter headache I went in and just did the form.

8 minutes ago, Nick-Speed said:

Awesome. Happy to take it off your hands if you’re willing to part with it? Shoot me a note when you have some time and we can go from there. Not sure what’s involved, form-wise, but happy to help out in any way I can. Appreciate it!!

Yeah I don't intend to play it,  I've tried to get into it a few times but it just became collection extras.

3 hours ago, Nick-Speed said:

Oh I think I remember you. Did you come with the giant boxes of manuals?

Yup.  They're (almost) all at VGT now 😛

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

Come on man you just described everybody here!

Yeah, but I was the only one at those meetups with a big ol' viking beard.  And being 6'2 and ~350lbs, I figure the "giant" tag works well here 😛

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
On 9/5/2021 at 1:48 PM, Nick-Speed said:

Hi all, 

This community (and the previous one from the site which shall not be named) has been instrumental in helping me achieve my 20+ year goal of completing a North American SNES cartridge set.

I’m now on the cusp of completion, with only 29 games left to go, and I’m hoping to elicit the help of this community once more to help me cross the finish line.

I’m in Calgary, Canada, and happy to help figure out shipping logistics for any international friends looking to send this way. I’ll consider loose, CIB and anything in between. Happy to consider all condition levels as well.

Here’s what I’m looking for: 

• Breath of Fire II
  • Chester Cheetah’s Wild Wild Quest
  • College Football ‘97: Road to New Orleans (EA College Football)
  • Donkey Kong Country Competition
  • Dragon View
  • Final Fight 3
  • Firestriker
  • First Samurai
  • Imperium
  • Inspector Gadget
  • International Superstar Soccer
  • Itchy and Scratchy
  • Kawasaki Super Bike Challenge
  • Kirby Superstar
  • Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Liberty or Death
  • Metal Morph
  • Micro Machines
  • Operation Thunderbolt
  • Rise of the Phoenix
  • Run Saber
  • SOS Sink or Swim
  • Shein’s Revenge
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization
  • Sim City 2000
  • Sonic Blastman 2
  • Spider-Man The Animated Series
  • Spanky’s Quest
  • Spindizzy Worlds
  • Uncharted Waters: New Horizons

Would also be interested in any unique boxed SNES sets and items anyone might have, specifically the Killer Instinct and Super Game Boy pack-ins, and Mario Paint in-box (they’ve been a dream of mine to have).

Very appreciative of any help this community is able to provide. You’ve all been wonderful to me and my collection over the years, and I can’t thank you all enough.

I might have 1 or 2 of these, i will have to look, but that requires me shipping international from the U.S.  Are you interested if that is the case?  I am more than willing to do so, but that means the shipping is more and we would have to talk about converting monies for paying and such.  If you are willing I will try to figure out what all i have off your list and pm ya.  Let me know!

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

I might have 1 or 2 of these, i will have to look, but that requires me shipping international from the U.S.  Are you interested if that is the case?  I am more than willing to do so, but that means the shipping is more and we would have to talk about converting monies for paying and such.  If you are willing I will try to figure out what all i have off your list and pm ya.  Let me know!

Most definitely open to that. T’is the burden of being a Canadian collector. Let me know what you have and I’d be more than happy to chat off line and work something out. Appreciate it!!

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Nick-Speed said:

Most definitely open to that. T’is the burden of being a Canadian collector. Let me know what you have and I’d be more than happy to chat off line and work something out. Appreciate it!!

ya, i will go through your list and see what all i have left!  I'll pm you tomorrow once I get that figured out and then we can figure out the rest!  @Tanooki  if you wanna ship that spiderman up his way, i can piggyback it onto my package I send him.  Let me know and we can talk about it if that is something you and him can work out on a price.  I'll take care of customs papers etc. and we can all get something outta this 🙂  

@JeevanYeah let's do it, that's fine by me if he's fine with it.  It would save money on everyones end basically doing that given the costs rolling one little what...5oz~ SNES game into an existing box, it should move the value nowhere really.  My kids school got moved to another spot, and with my wife in training for a month at her new job I don't have the free time anymore to go screw around with stuff.  I usually have to bail on work like 10min early to drop stuff off as it is now anyway so I don't run late. 😄  (That's why I was mentioning forms, and the eternal slow crawl of the line tied to it.)

Events Helper · Posted
38 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@JeevanYeah let's do it, that's fine by me if he's fine with it.  It would save money on everyones end basically doing that given the costs rolling one little what...5oz~ SNES game into an existing box, it should move the value nowhere really.  My kids school got moved to another spot, and with my wife in training for a month at her new job I don't have the free time anymore to go screw around with stuff.  I usually have to bail on work like 10min early to drop stuff off as it is now anyway so I don't run late. 😄  (That's why I was mentioning forms, and the eternal slow crawl of the line tied to it.)

alright, when you all agree on a price just dm me in discord and ill shoot you my address and you can send to me and i will just send it to him later today he can pay you what you want and ill deal with the rest later 😊.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

alright, when you all agree on a price just dm me in discord and ill shoot you my address and you can send to me and i will just send it to him later today he can pay you what you want and ill deal with the rest later 😊.  

Awesome. I’m game for all this. Thanks so much.