IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

13 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It will be interesting to see how it affects CIB prices. My sticker seal SMB and TM Zelda didn't come cheap, but it seems like Heritage has a CIB Dr. Wright error Mega Man about once a month. The 7.0 CIB white bullet MTPO is the first one I've seen in a while other than a 5.5 on ebay. 

The 5.5 on ebay is mine. I have been buying white bullets for a little over 2 years now and I have only been able to buy 4 or 5. Its in the same category as TM Zelda value wise IMO. Probably even harder to find.

Out of all the " Popular first print CIB's" as far as difficulty goes id say Matte mario, (NOT Gloss, Glosses 5x more common, if not even more) , White bullet Tyson,  DR Wright, TM Zelda.  In that order. Juts going off what I have seen on ebay over the past 2 years. 

Honorable mention to Daytime Rad racer,  I never see them. 

From a projected value standpoint id go Matte mario, TM zelda, tyson, Mega man. 

Edited by Domuhnator
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2020 at 9:15 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

It will be interesting to see how it affects CIB prices. My sticker seal SMB and TM Zelda didn't come cheap, but it seems like Heritage has a CIB Dr. Wright error Mega Man about once a month. The 7.0 CIB white bullet MTPO is the first one I've seen in a while other than a 5.5 on ebay. 

On 2/21/2020 at 10:20 AM, Domuhnator said:

The 5.5 on ebay is mine. I have been buying white bullets for a little over 2 years now and I have only been able to buy 4 or 5. Its in the same category as TM Zelda value wise IMO. Probably even harder to find.

Out of all the " Popular first print CIB's" as far as difficulty goes id say Matte mario, (NOT Gloss, Glosses 5x more common, if not even more) , White bullet Tyson,  DR Wright, TM Zelda.  In that order. Juts going off what I have seen on ebay over the past 2 years. 

Honorable mention to Daytime Rad racer,  I never see them. 

From a projected value standpoint id go Matte mario, TM zelda, tyson, Mega man. 

I look at almost every single CIB NES game that gets put on eBay and I've seen multiple copies of all of these in the last few months. It is not uncommon for them to be pulled in the middle of the auction for a backdoor sale, so they don't come up in standard searches. In order of rarest first, I'd put it at:

• Sticker Seal SMB
  • Mega Man
  • LoZ TM
  • MTPO white
  • Rad Racer

The value of MTPO White Bullets has been skyrocketing since the big NIB sale, LoZ has dropped a bit, and Mega Man seems steady overall (a sealed MM just sold for $40,000!). Rad Racer is hit or miss since it's less known and the seller almost never mentions it, but I see it regularly.

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I look at almost every single CIB NES game that gets put on eBay and I've seen multiple copies of all of these in the last few months. It is not uncommon for them to be pulled in the middle of the auction for a backdoor sale, so they don't come up in standard searches. In order of rarest first, I'd put it at:

• Sticker Seal SMB
  • Mega Man
  • LoZ TM
  • MTPO white
  • Rad Racer

The value of MTPO White Bullets has been skyrocketing since the big NIB sale, LoZ has dropped a bit, and Mega Man seems steady overall (a sealed MM just sold for $40,000!). Rad Racer is hit or miss since it's less known and the seller almost never mentions it, but I see it regularly.

Are people trying to make Rad Racer a thing? I've found a bunch of them in the wild since print run madness began. I haven't seen any of the other games sitting on a vendor table or game store for $30 yet.

1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

Are people trying to make Rad Racer a thing? I've found a bunch of them in the wild since print run madness began. I haven't seen any of the other games sitting on a vendor table or game store for $30 yet.

Yeah, a few people mentioned it in their eBay titles and it's been a bit of a hotter item. It sells for about $50-$60 instead of the standard $20-30.

• 2 weeks later...

So much money just got spent. Lots of sealed black box insanity. Some interesting ones: 

Over/under on the winner of this being Terry Diebold? Either that or some supposed Norwegian got a hell of a "deal" compared to his offer.

spacer.png

SE for $66k, no idea what this was expected to hit.

spacer.png

Wow, pretty close on the Castlevanias. I personally see more value in a near mint CIB of the "right" game than a sealed copy of a less interesting game but I know that's not how the sealed market works, so this result is pretty interesting IMO.

spacer.png

$12,600 LESS than the 9.2 A that sold last year which I believe was the same variant? Brutal, unless someone has an explanation. Lots of crazy black box sales, but this one was my favorite.

spacer.png

Hagane prototype sells for less than CIB copy of the game. I don't keep up on the prototype market, not sure if this is high or low, but in a world of games regularly selling for 4 figures, it seems kind of low. No interest in this from the moneybags I guess, or less faith in Wata proto certification.

spacer.png

Uh oh, a sealed copy of this stupid "holy grail" Halo sold for less than the NS copy last year. Weakness in the extremely overpriced Halo variant market???

spacer.png

Edited by DefaultGen

Missed this one, NES with serial #353 sold for $2400. The deluxe set isn't even complete, so it's basically a $2000 serial number. Neat. I know it's not the lowest, there's a double digit one out there right? Time to check those serials guys.

spacer.png

Edited by DefaultGen

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Like, I'd love to bid on the Metal Gear Solid graded at 90, but their stupid ass site won't even let me log in. Even resetting my password, just... doesn't work. Whatever.

I had a similar problem last night.  Found out my username is whatever your email address is w/o the @yahoo/gmail etc.  Somewhat of a pain, but figured it out.

18 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

$1920

Wow, nice. Feels like Game Boy and anything else isn't at the level of hype of NES games yet (and maybe portable stuff isn't as sought after as home console stuff either) but this is a good barometer of where Game Boy stuff could go. Was cool just to see a rare title for Game Boy at all!

7 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Missed this one, NES with serial #353 sold for $2400. The deluxe set isn't even complete, so it's basically a $2000 serial number. Neat. I know it's not the lowest, there's a double digit one out there right? Time to check those serials guys.

spacer.png

You missed the $45,000 mike tysons punch out. 

14 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Anyone have any idea what a CIB copy goes for? 10-20k maybe? I would actually like to add it to my collection someday.

Hard to say these days...... you couldn’t get it for 10-20k 5 years ago. I don’t think the new money has any desire for games such as SE which may keep the price down. Lol a sealed Mega Man sold for more than a sealed SE.... that still has me puzzled. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 12:51 PM, DefaultGen said:

Hagane prototype sells for less than CIB copy of the game. I don't keep up on the prototype market, not sure if this is high or low, but in a world of games regularly selling for 4 figures, it seems kind of low. No interest in this from the moneybags I guess, or less faith in Wata proto certification.

spacer.png

I personally don't think there is a correlation between CIB/loose value to its prototype counterpart. I wouldn't pay more for a Little Samson protoype than an Adventure Island. Their supply/demand should be similar.

Historically protoypes value is in software differences but unfortunately Wata, nor HA, label if that's present or not.

• Like 1