IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

On 2/3/2020 at 4:18 PM, DefaultGen said:

Heritage is getting into video game art with legitimately one of my favorite box arts ever. No way am I dropping art-people money on it of course, even CD-i art money, whatever that is. A $5 copy of the game serves me just fine.

spacer.png

You know things are getting serious when the ancillary parts of your hobby start attracting serious auction money. I know plenty of NA/VGSers have been hunting these and paying significant amounts of money for years, but these Heritage auctions pretty much guarantee that all casual buyers will be pushed out. Still, I'm glad the artists and their art are finally getting some real recognition. Hopefully they are the ones selling, rather than resellers.

3 hours ago, snk2d4ever said:

Which Castlevania will sell higher at the upcoming auction? CIB 9.4 or Sealed 9.2?

How is that even a question?   You open up a 9.2 sealed and now you’ve probably got a 9.2 box, 9.4-9.8 cart, 9.4-9.8 manual.   Meaning just taking the wrap off ‘upgrades ‘ it because now the other parts can bring up the average .

Assuming the variant is the same there should be no question.   Even if the variant is different there’s going to be a scarcity premium on the sealed

Edited by Bronty

14 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

You know things are getting serious when the ancillary parts of your hobby start attracting serious auction money. I know plenty of NA/VGSers have been hunting these and paying significant amounts of money for years, but these Heritage auctions pretty much guarantee that all casual buyers will be pushed out. Still, I'm glad the artists and their art are finally getting some real recognition. Hopefully they are the ones selling, rather than resellers.

I mean, it’s a frickin CDI cover, lets not lose our minds 😉 I’m sure it will go four figures but it won’t go five. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bronty said:

How is that even a question?   You open up a 9.2 sealed and now you’ve probably got a 9.2 box, 9.4-9.8 cart, 9.4-9.8 manual.   Meaning just taking the wrap off ‘upgrades ‘ it because now the other parts can bring up the average .

Assuming the variant is the same there should be no question.   Even if the variant is different there’s going to be a scarcity premium on the sealed

Sounds like you didn't look at the auction listings.

Sealed is an newer oval seal, and the CIB is a hangtab. Wouldn't make sense if it were the same variant.

13 hours ago, snk2d4ever said:

Sounds like you didn't look at the auction listings.

Sealed is an newer oval seal, and the CIB is a hangtab. Wouldn't make sense if it were the same variant.

You're right LOL

I still think the sealed will go for more TBH.  

But it will be close.   The CIB has got a shot.

Edited by Bronty

Interesting stuff in this lot... Genesis, GBA, PS1, Xbox games... mixed bags. Also interesting to see CIB stuff. Edit: just spotted their first Sega CD game! Anyway,

1319654380_2020-02-1214_27_56-HeritageAuctionsSearchVideoGames79379479118937922088526437.png.5f6f497a4bb466bb434c749436d5faa1.png

... calling this "Bros." Left instead of the commonly used Left "Bros." is almost as annoying as typesetting "Bros." flush left. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

44 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

$3k now (I put in a bid, to be part of history, and was already outbid by prior max bid. Oh well). 

Ha, I was thinking about doing this for the same reason but thought it would be dumb in the end. But since you did it, I'm there with you buddy. You're speaking to the current high bidder on the Nintendo Play Station.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

This is very interesting. It will be nice to gauge how the HA crowd views store display value.

22 minutes ago, snk2d4ever said:

This is very interesting. It will be nice to gauge how the HA crowd views store display value.

My guess is it won't attract with strength, but I'll be interested to watch also.

I saw something (on instagram maybe?) about heritage selling a few display items and mentioned it to Deniz (who's a big collector of that material) and it was news to him.    

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

My guess is it won't attract with strength, but I'll be interested to watch also.

I saw something (on instagram maybe?) about heritage selling a few display items and mentioned it to Deniz (who's a big collector of that material) and it was news to him.    

Yeah, they dont seem to be marketing it. I need to start looking at all the auctions as opposed to just searching for "wata".

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

Theres been public rumors about HA selling promos signs and such since PRGE at least. Everyone's known about it but I wasnt believing it until i saw it firsthand. Sort of like the Wata matrix, the Go Collect price guide, the VGA population database, etc. I believe some things only when I see them!

• Like 1

Any guesses to where the 7.0 CIB white bullet MTPO ends? I had thought about making a run at it, but I just picked up a 7.0 TM Legend of Zelda l, so I'm probably out of the running. I'm interested to see where the CIB hangtab Castlevania ends up. It's at $1850 with two weeks left before it comes up for the live auction.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

On 11/20/2019 at 8:27 PM, ThePhleo said:

I’ve been saying for years that the NES has three true “holy grails” of sealed collecting.

Bronty’s Sticker Mario (or the other gloss seal that I had no idea existed until yesterday)

A First Print Zelda (No REV-A, with TM after the NES logo instead of (R)

and a first print Mega Man...that is to say it has the Captain Commando Sticker AND the Dr. Wright typo on the back of the box.

...you can probably throw white dot Mike Tyson’s up there now. Honestly that’s a variant I didn’t know about until earlier this year...but new big money gets to decide what’s worth new big money.

It will be interesting to see how it affects CIB prices. My sticker seal SMB and TM Zelda didn't come cheap, but it seems like Heritage has a CIB Dr. Wright error Mega Man about once a month. The 7.0 CIB white bullet MTPO is the first one I've seen in a while other than a 5.5 on ebay. 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug