IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

2 hours ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Rockin Kats went cheap, yes. I’d expect for the time being for more obscure games like that to stay low for a bit, then jump up when we get population reports etc. Same for Uninvited.

I won the Dragon Warrior 9.6/A+ for like $2300 with BP, and I gotta say I’m thrilled. The 1HP variant in mint condition with no sun fading is very difficult to come across. My maximum was a lot higher. I only bid on DW and made a good run at Contra, but enough was enough at some point lol...

I love that now people are recognizing how much harder the first print DW is.  This seemed like an unknown(?) variant until like a year ago.

Just checked my DW... and fortunately it is the 1 HP version.  Wish I had known about all these variants years ago.  Also wish I would have realized the premium condition gets since I was not that concerned with it.

Is there a good consolidated list of variants for sealed games?  Seems like the info is a bit scattered.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:53 PM, arch_8ngel said:

I'm definitely not suggesting that eBay would be a viable alternative for high-dollar auctions like this.

Just surprised that there isn't another reputable boutique auctioneer, given how much these guys can pocket from a single-day auction event.

It's kinda like the ebay vs everybody else situation.   If you don't have the proper exposure to buyers, people would rather use the known driver to maximize their returns.

On 11/22/2019 at 2:42 PM, ExplodedHamster said:

Rockin Kats went cheap, yes. I’d expect for the time being for more obscure games like that to stay low for a bit, then jump up when we get population reports etc. Same for Uninvited.

I won the Dragon Warrior 9.6/A+ for like $2300 with BP, and I gotta say I’m thrilled. The 1HP variant in mint condition with no sun fading is very difficult to come across. My maximum was a lot higher. I only bid on DW and made a good run at Contra, but enough was enough at some point lol...

Good win, congrats!     One of the best buys in the auction I think.   Contra was mental.   I’ll have settle for my vga 90 and the cover art.

(I don’t always humblebrag, but when I do I try to make it count lol)

Edited by Bronty

9 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Good win, congrats!     One of the best buys in the auction I think.   Contra was mental.   I’ll have settle for my vga 90 and the cover art.

(I don’t always humblebrag, but when I do I try to make it count lol)

That Contra was a VGA 90.  You aren't settling, likely the same or very similar grade.  90 and up is noticeably nice. 

I picked up the Bandit Kings for what I thought was one of the few decent prices in the auction.  Overpaid for a few more middle of the roaders that I needed for the collection.  Some crazy prices.....2k for a mint Bases Loaded seemed mind blowing to me.....used to be able to get a black box for that amount...

• Like 1

All these prices are mind boggling insane; but I have been out of the game for 2 years.  However,

- great buy on the DW1. Solid copy of a first print people are going to start paying more attention too, and should

- Contra... mmmk. No comment on that.

- Tombs & Treasure. I think its a fair price. I remember this being a very difficult title to get in any condition, let alone solid box. 

- Untouchables “Blue Box Variant” Cover. I’d really love to get some opinions on this one from long time collectors. I was thinking it would go for more.  This is the prize, imo, for variant and set collectors in this lot.

Very few people seem to know about this variant, or maybe the more accurate statement, care, but this is extremely rare to find sealed.

I’ve only seen two hit the open market in the last 12 years (exception not paying attention the last 2), with this one being the second. 

Whoever got this copy, PM me. Would love to chat.

Edited by Frost271

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 2:35 PM, kell said:

Just checked my DW... and fortunately it is the 1 HP version.  Wish I had known about all these variants years ago.  Also wish I would have realized the premium condition gets since I was not that concerned with it.

Is there a good consolidated list of variants for sealed games?  Seems like the info is a bit scattered.

These Heritage prices are insane. I just bought a mint CIB 1HP version of DW for $40 on eBay. 50x premium for sealed? No thanks.

Although I see Mega Man went for a 200x premium over CIB, so suddenly Dragon Warrior doesn't seem too bad. 😮

Edited by DoctorEncore

8 minutes ago, Bronty said:

And the Se at heritage will go for a very low multiple over cib.    Multiple of cib is just not a reliable way to even guess at value of sealed 

That is crazy regarding SE. Obviously rarity and demand factor in, but I'd expect some correlation to CIB prices. I wonder how many years it will be until all this wild pricing stabilizes.

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

That is crazy regarding SE. Obviously rarity and demand factor in, but I'd expect some correlation to CIB prices. I wonder how many years it will be until all this wild pricing stabilizes.

There is some correlation... the CIB prices act as the floor for sealed.

THey do not, however, have much impact on anything but the floor.

Edited by Bronty

10 hours ago, snk2d4ever said:

Are you saying a CIB could never be worth more than a sealed? No matter the condition?

I think it has to be game and print specific. The common stuff CIB I dont think could ever be worth more then sealed (Mario 3 right bros). But I think there rarer the title cib the better chance a super high grade Cib has of outselling a super low grade sealed, (duck tales 2?)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...