IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

18 hours ago, snk2d4ever said:

Did Wata stop the NS designation or is this an error? At a glance a 9.8 CIB is more impressive than a 9.8 NS IMO, so that's kind of weird. I guess you're talking about the fact that someone paid to have an unsealed Wario's friggin' Woods graded... yeah.

15 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Well, we now have someone publicly saying they’re gonna bid over 100k on the MegaMan and they know of someone else who plans to complete.

Popcorn...

Believe nothing you hear and only one half of what you see - Edgar Allen Poe.

I don't put a lot of faith in he said / she said comments unless I know the person first hand.  It will end up where it ends up.  And call me crazy, but if I really wanted a game, I sure wouldn't be revealing my price publicly.  Hence why a lot of people are quiet on speculating where games may end... they may have interest in bidding on some themselves. 

11 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Did Wata stop the NS designation or is this an error? At a glance a 9.8 CIB is more impressive than a 9.8 NS IMO, so that's kind of weird. I guess you're talking about the fact that someone paid to have an unsealed Wario's friggin' Woods graded... yeah.

Yeah that is a very bizarre game.  It should be graded as a 9.8 NS Sealed game if it is "Sealed" New.  Showing up as a 9.8 CIB without grading the inner contents seems like a label error. 

So someone basically stole a loose Stadium Events today. $6,500 ($7,800 w/ Premium)

Either that, or we back around the sub-$10k range again....or they screwed up by ending every auction at the exact same second.

Edit: Also, I'm super excited I decided to buy that Arcade Mario instead of Wrecking Crew months ago 😄 I had to make a choice which one to pickup and I made the right one. I can still afford a Wrecking Crew, but no way in hell I can ever justify paying 5 figures for an arcade port of a game released earlier on other consoles.

Edited by ThePhleo

3 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

So someone basically stole a loose Stadium Events today. $6,500 ($7,800 w/ Premium)

Either that, or we back around the sub-$10k range again....or they screwed up by ending every auction at the exact same second.

Edit: Also, I'm super excited I decided to buy that Arcade Mario instead of Wrecking Crew months ago 😄 I had to make a choice which one to pickup and I made the right one. I can still afford a Wrecking Crew, but no way in hell I can ever justify paying 5 figures for an arcade port of a game released earlier on other consoles.

The prices aren't final that's internet bidding.  Live auction beginning now...

48 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Yeah that is a very bizarre game.  It should be graded as a 9.8 NS Sealed game if it is "Sealed" New.  Showing up as a 9.8 CIB without grading the inner contents seems like a label error. 

It's not an error, it is a new and unopened box with the seal removed.  The better term would be New not Sealed, but the industry has already settled on terms even if they aren't perfect.  The PAL SE on this auction is the same way, as that is how it was shipped and how most of the rest of the world shipped games to stores outside the US.  It would be a foolish disservice to open new games and grade them CIB when they are not.  Games that have the factory seal removed or replaced by a retail store from snags and shelf damage are not uncommon and do exist so we label them as such. 

I'm enjoying watching these auctions though, there are a lot of common items selling for record prices and a lot of rarities flying under the radar.  Happy bidding fellas.

4 minutes ago, K.Thrower said:

It's not an error, it is a new and unopened box with the seal removed.  The better term would be New not Sealed, but the industry has already settled on terms even if they aren't perfect.  The PAL SE on this auction is the same way, as that is how it was shipped and how most of the rest of the world shipped games to stores outside the US.  It would be a foolish disservice to open new games and grade them CIB when they are not.  Games that have the factory seal removed or replaced by a retail store from snags and shelf damage are not uncommon and do exist so we label them as such. 

I'm enjoying watching these auctions though, there are a lot of common items selling for record prices and a lot of rarities flying under the radar.  Happy bidding fellas.

I know what you're saying but Wario's Woods has a CIB label, PAL SE has a sealed "NS" label:

spacer.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, K.Thrower said:

Thanks for the response.  But haven't you guys been grading Sealed games that are New with No Seal as Sealed with a NS rating?  That Wario holder says CIB on the front.  If it wasn't opened and graded as CIB, then it shouldn't have a CIB holder I would think...

Edit: @DefaultGen beat me to it.  That picture is the point we were making.

10 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I know what you're saying but Wario's Woods has a CIB label, PAL SE has a sealed "NS" label:

spacer.png

I see, this is clearly a labeling error, the game was subbed as sealed but was a CIB and the state wasn't changed on the graders screen although all the grades and variant info was recorded, so the label came out incorrectly.  I contacted Heritage to fix the error, so I appreciate the heads up here.  The Cart and Manual are 9.6 for those interested.

• Like 2