IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

10 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

The person owns multiple copies of Bioshock is maximizing his/her investment. This is the same thing that tidaldreams posted twice on this forum a week or 2 ago of the Bioshock Infinite 9.8 A++ HA listing sold $1,000. Then scores of ebay listings started disappearing and those "investors" will send them off to Wata or HA then Wata.

$_$ makes pple do crazy things.

Gears of War sold more than $14,000 USD.

HA Auction 7261 - Lot #29312.jpg

Ok, so this dude is just flooding the market with 9.8 A++ Bioshock 1's. He has another one in the upcoming signature auction 😲 

image.png.076b4578d5c7e90c878ac14e856f573b.png

image.png.f6946d54c310c8e75d61035bac876fb6.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Besides Bioshock and Gears of War. There are many ungraded sealed first print 360 titles increasing in value:

Assassins Creed, Call of Duty 2/World at War/Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2/Black Ops, Dead Space, Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto V, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Minecraft Edition, Operation Darkness, Red Dead Redemption, Rumble Roses XX, Saints Row, Saw, Oblivion "T" Rating, Skyrim and the Simpsons Game.

7 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

Besides Bioshock and Gears of War. There are many ungraded sealed first print 360 titles increasing in value:

Assassins Creed, Call of Duty 2/World at War/Call of Duty 4/Modern Warfare 2/Black Ops, Dead Space, Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto V, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Minecraft Edition, Operation Darkness, Red Dead Redemption, Rumble Roses XX, Saints Row, Saw, Oblivion "T" Rating, Skyrim and the Simpsons Game.

I have a lot of these sealed. I still can't believe they've increased in value so much.

I never really played my 360 games because it was a junk console. I really only bought it for Tales of Vesperia.

8 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

I have a lot of these sealed. I still can't believe they've increased in value so much.

I never really played my 360 games because it was a junk console. I really only bought it for Tales of Vesperia.

I know I am not the only one but I have a tendency of buying games thinking I will play them later while I am hooked on another game and they end up in my backlog pile, where it sits there years and years. That is how many of my platform collections begin.

Hmm that reminds me of when I purchased a PS4 console to play the last of us remastered game. Great story. Never got around to playing the 2nd. 

43 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

That's basically my PS3 library.  I only bought the system for the download-only Wizardry game.  I honestly can't remember the last time I fired it up...it's more or less just a dust collector.

28 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

I know I am not the only one but I have a tendency of buying games thinking I will play them later while I am hooked on another game and they end up in my backlog pile, where it sits there years and years. That is how many of my platform collections begin.

Hmm that reminds me of when I purchased a PS4 console to play the last of us remastered game. Great story. Never got around to playing the 2nd. 

I only bought them because they were dirt cheap 🤣 I honestly can't remember any 360 game I paid over $20 for, except the aforementioned Vesperia.

Just now, tidaldreams said:

Yeah, that was definitely a major challenge 🤣 Thankfully mine worked fine because I barely used it. 

I've never had one that didn't.  I dunno, luck I guess.  One failed after a 48 hour Morrowind run (yes, an OG Xbox title killed my first 360), but Microsoft went so far as to send me a box to ship the console to them, postage paid, and got me a replacement, which I still use to this day.  Also have another one I bought from a friend so they didn't get ripped off at EB. 

7 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

I only bought them because they were dirt cheap 🤣 I honestly can't remember any 360 game I paid over $20 for, except the aforementioned Vesperia.

Same with me for the PS3.  Went to a local everything store, and they were getting out of electronics.  Snagged a ton of PS3 games, which I still have.  Like 4 in every 5 games I own are still new for the PS3...the rest were either bought used or were one of the half dozen games I played 😛

1 minute ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I've never had one that didn't.  I dunno, luck I guess.  One failed after a 48 hour Morrowind run (yes, an OG Xbox title killed my first 360), but Microsoft went so far as to send me a box to ship the console to them, postage paid, and got me a replacement, which I still use to this day.  Also have another one I bought from a friend so they didn't get ripped off at EB. 

Same with me for the PS3.  Went to a local everything store, and they were getting out of electronics.  Snagged a ton of PS3 games, which I still have.  Like 4 in every 5 games I own are still new for the PS3...the rest were either bought used or were one of the half dozen games I played 😛

A lot of my PS3 games are sealed as well, just not nearly as much as 360. Since WATA doesn't grade PS3 it is clear which was the better investment 🤣

That console was really good for blu-rays, never had to buy a standalone player because of it. The switch from DVDs to Blu-ray would've been much slower if it couldn't play them.

2 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

A lot of my PS3 games are sealed as well, just not nearly as much as 360. Since WATA doesn't grade PS3 it is clear which was the better investment 🤣

That console was really good for blu-rays, never had to buy a standalone player because of it. The switch from DVDs to Blu-ray would've been much slower if it couldn't play them.

That was the bulk of what my PS3 got used for actually...then I got the Xbox One and never needed the PS3 again 😛

48 minutes ago, OptOut said:

That's a shame dude, I love the 360, one of my favourite systems if you can get a machine that works! 😛

I remember the first Elder Scrolls game my friend got me hooked into was Oblivion. As much as I liked Skyrim more. I sunk more than a 1000+ hours across multiple playthroughs in Oblivion because my first console got RROD. I remember the first time I learned how to use lock pick, all I wanted to do was go to every persons home and steal haha. Another time I met Sheogorath in Shivering Isles. I found him to be annoying. So I punched him and later regretted it.

Edited by AnimalHouse
  • Like 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/09/arts/spider-man-comic-auction-record.html

Spider-Man has just reached a new level of amazing. A copy of the Marvel hero’s first comic book appearance sold at Heritage Auctions on Thursday for $3.6 million. The comic book — Amazing Fantasy No. 15 from 1962, when it sold for 12 cents — was in near perfect condition. With this sale, Spider-Man leaps ahead of Superman for what is believed to be the highest price for a comic book.

Screenshot-from-2021-09-10-17-47-22.png

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

4 hours ago, avatar! said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/09/arts/spider-man-comic-auction-record.html

Spider-Man has just reached a new level of amazing. A copy of the Marvel hero’s first comic book appearance sold at Heritage Auctions on Thursday for $3.6 million. The comic book — Amazing Fantasy No. 15 from 1962, when it sold for 12 cents — was in near perfect condition. With this sale, Spider-Man leaps ahead of Superman for what is believed to be the highest price for a comic book.

Screenshot-from-2021-09-10-17-47-22.png

Makes sense, seeing as Spiderman has been on a twenty year upswing in popularity since the first movie came out, whereas Superman's movies have been pretty suck in the same time period.

I'd pick Spidey over Supes for sure, although I still like Batman better than either of em! 😉

• Like 1

Damn guys, I haven't been to the site in months, and now it's going to take me months to even get caught up on this thread. I don't even like popcorn, but I feel like I should buy a machine just for the catch-up.🍿

Good to see you all anyway, I plan to be a regular part of the site from here on out. 👋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quaze said:

Damn guys, I haven't been to the site in months, and now it's going to take me months to even get caught up on this thread. I don't even like popcorn, but I feel like I should buy a machine just for the catch-up.🍿

Good to see you all anyway, I plan to be a regular part of the site from here on out. 👋

Yeah, you missing out on some good drama. This thread likely will not be beaten again for some time! 🤩

And welcome back!

• Agree 1