IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

10 hours ago, AdamW said:

yes, that's what that means. Multiple items from the same order. If 004 and 008 were Bioshocks it seems reasonable to suspect that 005, 006 and 007 probably were too. 😄

I dunno if this is '9.4 slipcover vs 9.0 slipcover' or 'comicconnect vs HA' so much as it's "there are only so many people in this world willing to pay that much money for a copy of Bioshock, and after the comicconnect auction, one of them was out of the game"...:D

Well there's already been a ton of them sold over 9.0 with A++ seal. Guess this game just ain't that rare sealed in high grade.

4 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Well there's already been a ton of them sold over 9.0 with A++ seal. Guess this game just ain't that rare sealed in high grade.

well, it makes sense since it came with a slipcover. the slipcover would tend to absorb all the wear, and as noted above, the main grade for WATA is the DVD box and the seal, they grade the slipcover separately on the back of the tag and that grade does not affect the overall box or seal grade. so makes sense to me that the main grades for copies of the game that came in a slipcover would trend very high. same reason there are so many high-grade copies of that wii U Zelda game that people take out of a box to grade separately, or individual games broken out of trilogy box sets.

Edited by AdamW

5 hours ago, Gloves said:

I'm planning instead to just buy regular ol' acrylic cases for a few games instead. Plus side - I can still open up the acrylic cases to play my CIBs. It's more in line with my actual collecting anyway.

Another plus in using your own cases is you can grade all your own games and give them a perfect 10 😉

50 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Which one? 

NBA Elite 11.   Not that I would pull the trigger, but if there's a graded 360 game to drop 10K on, that's the one.

Or maybe the Komen labeled Madden 09, but I don't remember if that was on 360 or a different system.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

41 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

NBA Elite 11.   Not that I would pull the trigger, but if there's a graded 360 game to drop 10K on, that's the one.

Or maybe the Komen labeled Madden 09, but I don't remember if that was on 360 or a different system.

Add another zero and maybe you'll be in the ballpark 😛

I can't imagine what that game will go for nowadays. Has one even sold since COVID hit?

10 hours ago, Gloves said:

I've considered it for a few specific titles, just stuff that means a lot to me personally. I have a sealed copy of Final Fantasy Legend II because the game got me through some tough times as a kid in the hospital. Back when Wata came out I actually was planning to send it in to them, but the process was cost prohibitive for me as a Canadian; it would have cost more than the game itself cost me.

I'm planning instead to just buy regular ol' acrylic cases for a few games instead. Plus side - I can still open up the acrylic cases to play my CIBs. It's more in line with my actual collecting anyway.

Just get an acrylic case to put it in. Literally the only difference between a sealed game in an acrylic case and a graded game is some guy didn't look at it and give it an arbitrary "grade" based on whatever he felt at that moment. 

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, Zach said:

Just get an acrylic case to put it in. Literally the only difference between a sealed game in an acrylic case and a graded game is some guy didn't look at it and give it an arbitrary "grade" based on whatever he felt at that moment. 

Agreed, and that's the plan. Honestly grading my game was to be a novelty, were it affordable. If it were like twice the cost of an acrylic case I'd have gone for it. But with shipping, insurance, cost of grading, and the inevitable customs fee (I'm guessing on this but I imagine that when they send it back I'd have to pay customs just to get my own game back), it would be like quadruple the price, AND I'd not have my game in my possession for the whole process, and at the mercy of shipping companies.

It had a chance at being a fun novelty but nope, it's just a rich man's game.

10 minutes ago, kell said:

Have to admit I haven’t either… been on my list for years. Also, not a fan of FPS.

As more of a 3rd person gamer is it still enjoyable to play through?

It's more of an FPS/RPG hybrid I would say. It definitely has one of the better stories of modern games. I guess it isn't modern anymore but it was when I first played it 😛 But you have to find all of the audiodiaries/voxophones to really understand the full story, which can be a chore.

FPS is not really my main genre either but I thoroughly enjoyed it!

EDIT: should also mention if you're highly religious, definitely do not play it. Lol

Edited by tidaldreams
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted

FYI I made a new thread for general discussion in this area: 

Trying to keep things somewhat organized, so if people are ever like "I wonder X, Y, Z about that whole Heritage situation" they don't follow it with "But goddamn I ain't goin' into that monster of a thread".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 2:16 AM, tidaldreams said:

The slipcover is graded separately on the back where the notes are. Even though they are both 9.8 A++, the comicconnect one has a 9.4 slipcover and the HA one has a 9.0 slipcover.

I think the same person submitted both of them because the 6 digit order number is the same, and they only differ by the three digits after the dash.

On 9/8/2021 at 2:38 AM, AdamW said:

yes, that's what that means. Multiple items from the same order. If 004 and 008 were Bioshocks it seems reasonable to suspect that 005, 006 and 007 probably were too. 😄

I dunno if this is '9.4 slipcover vs 9.0 slipcover' or 'comicconnect vs HA' so much as it's "there are only so many people in this world willing to pay that much money for a copy of Bioshock, and after the comicconnect auction, one of them was out of the game"...:D

The person owns multiple copies of Bioshock is maximizing his/her investment. This is the same thing that tidaldreams posted twice on this forum a week or 2 ago of the Bioshock Infinite 9.8 A++ HA listing sold $1,000. Then scores of ebay listings started disappearing and those "investors" will send them off to Wata or HA then Wata.

$_$ makes pple do crazy things.

On 9/8/2021 at 4:40 AM, Tyree_Cooper said:

no human being with a brain buys a sealed x360 game for 10,000 usd

Gears of War sold more than $14,000 USD.

HA Auction 7261 - Lot #29312.jpg

• Wow! 1

3 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

What Pat said about NA and the Stadium Events thing is news to me.  Can anyone shed some light on it?

It was in 2009 or so. Someone bought 3 or 4 copies.  It was before my time as well, but I know what he is talking about. I can't really speak to how it was received at the time. 

Edited by B.A.