IGNORED

Does this NES cart variant actually exist??!!!!!

Hollywoodcaddy

Alright variant collectors...here's a tough one...I personally have only ever found one picture of this game but it wasn't a picture of someone holding the game or a picture where it was on a table or whatever.... I've searched high and low and the outlook seems grim ....so before I accept that it doesn't exist I will ask for your help....I'm pretty much looking for one of you to pull this out of your collection and confirm it exists!!!

Athletic World ....3 screw....round seal 

It should look just like the 5 screw Family Fun Fitness version except it has 3 screws ... NES-AW-USA 

On 9/1/2021 at 8:22 PM, Hollywoodcaddy said:

I will go through my folders and find the picture for you guys

See....it's not a picture of someones personal game they're holding up so I don't know what to think....I mean....there are some super rare 3 screws out there that I know exist but still haven't found so maybe this is just one of those....I sure would like definite confirmation tho haha

Polish_20210903_024610091.jpg

@Hollywoodcaddy I went to www.gamesdatabase.org and searched for Clu Clu Land, Stack Up, and Chubby Cherub, and they all seem to have similar pictures. Those were 5-screw only games and they're all shown as 3-screw on that site.

They're probably using the same cartridge image and overlaying the label art for some reason. Some of them look a bit skewed too, like how the seal on Stack Up isn't exactly a perfect circle:

Stack_Up_-_1985_-_Nintendo.jpg

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Those games are all part of The Cover Project done a few years ago. I subscribe to the site that owns them so I have rights to use them on my site. It's just a generic cartridge image with a label overlay.

I assumed that picture wasn't exactly reliable...but Alder asked for the picture so I found it again is all...😁

21 hours ago, Hollywoodcaddy said:

So everyone is in agreement that Braveheart69 is the leading authority on nes variants then hahaha... Excellent...I have a few questions for the master haha

I mean, not just NTSC… a couple of my recent Instagram posts…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSPfqZEJCb7/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSa2sJDLouL/

• Like 1
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 1

On 9/3/2021 at 10:51 PM, Code Monkey said:

Those games are all part of The Cover Project done a few years ago. I subscribe to the site that owns them so I have rights to use them on my site. It's just a generic cartridge image with a label overlay.

What all does subscribing get you? I can't find a page discussing subscriptions

On 9/3/2021 at 10:25 AM, Braveheart69 said:

Fake picture

Ok...fake picture hahaha...can you confirm that a 3 screw...round seal....athletic World simply does not exist?!!! I've never seen one and everyone I've talked to says they've never seen one...so if you say you've never seen one then it will come off my list and It will be one less cart to focus on 😁   

On 9/7/2021 at 1:04 AM, Hollywoodcaddy said:

Ok...fake picture hahaha...can you confirm that a 3 screw...round seal....athletic World simply does not exist?!!! I've never seen one and everyone I've talked to says they've never seen one...so if you say you've never seen one then it will come off my list and It will be one less cart to focus on 😁   

For the specific cart variant that goes with Family Fun Fitness AW it does not.  It was so early.  I even have the Bandai internal paperwork with black & white original photos etc on them marketing this game.  See my IG…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMQ04degenU/

Funny enough though watch out for the PAL version as they did get a round soq with the green series 1 label with 3 screw cart.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok....I have in my possession SUPER MARIO BROS BLACK BOX, USA STAR CODE GP OVAL SOQ REV-A WITH THE (TM) . WATA GAMES SO CALLED COMPLETE LIST OF STAR VARIANTS IS INCOMPLETE! THE KNOW , RECOGNIZED STAR VARIANTS DO NOT SHOW MY VARIANT. IT SHOWS THE USA ⭐ VARIANT AS BEARING THE (R) MARK ..ONLY THE CANADIAN STAR CODE SHOWS THE (TM) UNDER SOQ. ? SO CAN ANYBODY HELP ME GET THIS PARTICULAR VARIANT RECOGNIZED? AND ANY OPINIONS ON THE VALUE OF SUCH ITEM

Administrator · Posted
21 minutes ago, Columbus said:

Ok....I have in my possession SUPER MARIO BROS BLACK BOX, USA STAR CODE GP OVAL SOQ REV-A WITH THE (TM) . WATA GAMES SO CALLED COMPLETE LIST OF STAR VARIANTS IS INCOMPLETE! THE KNOW , RECOGNIZED STAR VARIANTS DO NOT SHOW MY VARIANT. IT SHOWS THE USA ⭐ VARIANT AS BEARING THE (R) MARK ..ONLY THE CANADIAN STAR CODE SHOWS THE (TM) UNDER SOQ. ? SO CAN ANYBODY HELP ME GET THIS PARTICULAR VARIANT RECOGNIZED? AND ANY OPINIONS ON THE VALUE OF SUCH ITEM

Do you have, like, photos?