IGNORED

What is everyone driving these days?

PuppyWaffles

Just now, Skorp said:

Got a lot of vehicles but here are my two main ones.

Porsche Boxster

iz6ms5z.jpg

Jeep Wrangler

v378aLD.jpg

Also have a deposit on a Lotus Emira for 2023. SO STOKED!

Another Boxster! Heck yeah!

And hell yeah on the Lotus! You going 4 or 6 cylinder? What color? I'm thinking about upgrading my FRS to the Emira...

2 minutes ago, PuppyWaffles said:

Another Boxster! Heck yeah!

And hell yeah on the Lotus! You going 4 or 6 cylinder? What color? I'm thinking about upgrading my FRS to the Emira...

V6 manual! It must be a manual when it comes to Lotus. Here is my spec. Only difference not pictured is the black pack which I'll have added later. I was late on the deposit so I won't be able to get a first edition. It's fine.

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 11.36.24 PM.png

• Love 3

Just now, Skorp said:

V6 manual! It must be a manual when it comes to Lotus. Here is my spec. Only difference not pictured is the black pack which I'll have added later. I was late on the deposit so I won't be able to get a first edition. It's fine.

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 11.36.24 PM.png

I'm with you on that! Crazy Toyota didn't put that engine in the Supra but Lotus is using it. The blue color has my interest, but that green is a close second. You have to share pics when you get it! I'm also thinking about upgrading to a 4C, but don't know if 2 Alfas would be a smart choice.

15 minutes ago, PuppyWaffles said:

Had that one, currently have a 928 I'm restoring to sell. The Porsche in the picture was $11k in total with all the mods I did to it. Just have to look for the right car and learn to fix it using YouTube 😂

Only trouble is even if I was able to drive and somehow COULD afford something like that...I'd probably be afraid to drive it.  I mean, I don't even like the idea of taking say, my DS or 3DS or something because I'm afraid I might wreck it or lose it or something (I've seen way too many people with spider web screens on their phones; not a pretty sight 😞 ).  I mean yes I know there's insurance but I'm very much a sentimentalist (is that a real word?) so if lets say I did like you and put in all those years of moding/restoring/fixing/customizing my ride to make it just right and distinctively reflecting me and my personality...and it got totaled or scuffed or something, any so-called replacement just wouldn't be the same 😞 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Estil said:

Only trouble is even if I was able to drive and somehow COULD afford something like that...I'd probably be afraid to drive it.  I mean, I don't even like the idea of taking say, my DS or 3DS or something because I'm afraid I might wreck it or lose it or something (I've seen way too many people with spider web screens on their phones; not a pretty sight 😞 ).  I mean yes I know there's insurance but I'm very much a sentimentalist (is that a real word?) so if lets say I did like you and put in all those years of moding/restoring/fixing/customizing my ride to make it just right and distinctively reflecting me and my personality...and it got totaled or scuffed or something, any so-called replacement just wouldn't be the same 😞 

I understand that, and there are plenty of cars I wouldn't dare feel comfortable driving even if I had the money. Like a Lamborghini Miura, I would feel horrible if I even got it dirty (even if it was mine). But for the most part my cars are my own, but that doesn't make them special, just special to me. I accepted a long time ago that cars will have flaws if you drive them. When I bought my FRS I tried so hard to keep the paint nice, now I know that isn't possible when you drive it everyday. Just had to change my mindset. Now my game collection on the other hand...

9 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

2001 civic 

pretty sure those rims come off an accord.

18724B8E-6F34-42BD-BCA5-BC31CD7C77DF.jpeg 

wifey runs the 2014 t&c

Glad to see someone else drives something older than 10years that isn’t a classic or sports car haha.

2006 Mazda 3 sedan for me.

Cars must be way cheaper in the US or people are making some serious coin here.

I personally couldn’t bring myself to spend over $12k for a car. The depreciation is a killer and I’d worry about it getting damaged or someone scratching it. Nothing beats driving a shit box and having expensive cars avoid getting near you haha.

Totally get it if it is your hobby though and you like fixing them up. That would be fun.

• Like 2

Also, how do you know which vehicle is "The One" so to speak?  I mean it's not like with video games or trading cards or even Hot Wheels where you can have a collection...for most people you must somehow pick only one set of wheels as your pride and joy.  Especially for those of you into vintage/classic vehicles, how do you choose?  I mean besides the usual "I/my parents/etc used to have this vehicle and it brought back lots of nice memories..."

I say vehicle because obviously a car is only one kind.

3 hours ago, Shmup said:

Glad to see someone else drives something older than 10years that isn’t a classic or sports car haha.

I personally couldn’t bring myself to spend over $12k for a car. The depreciation is a killer and I’d worry about it getting damaged or someone scratching it. Nothing beats driving a shit box and having expensive cars avoid getting near you haha.

Totally get it if it is your hobby though and you like fixing them up. That would be fun.

lol ya im with you buying something new just doesnt appeal to me. ive thought "buddy go ahead and get yourself a new car you deserve it" but then i think twice and its a "hell no!" lol i mean i could spend more than i did for the ole civic but why, ill run this thing into the ground and it will probably never die.

the only time ive ever spent more than $5k on a car was for my wife/family. so they have something nice and reliable. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

lol ya im with you buying something new just doesnt appeal to me. 

A lot depends on where you are at in time when you buy.  When Mrs. Tabonga and I bought Julius (our burnt orange RAV4)  we knew it was likely the last car we would ever buy (barring accidents) since we run vehicles into the ground before replacing.  We knew we wanted a RAV4  and initially we looked at low mileage ones - the used ones at that time were only a little less than a new one so we decided to go with a new one with the full warranty coverage.    

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Shmup said:

Within a week of getting our new van I parked towards the back of Target and some grandma in her Land Rover with her granddaughter decides to park next to me despite plenty of open spaces. She opens her granddaughter’s door to get her out and proceeds to sing my door. I politely say something to her and she said she didn’t realize she hit it despite the thud that I heard which got me out of the car in the first place to check it. I’d rather just drive my old beat up cars and not worry about careless people.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Shmup said:

I bought my Porsche a year and a half ago and since I bought it, for some reason the prices have skyrocketed. If I sold it today, I'd make $15,000 profit on it.

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I bought my Porsche a year and a half ago and since I bought it, for some reason the prices have skyrocketed. If I sold it today, I'd make $15,000 profit on it.

Yeah I meant pre Covid. Everything is nuts right now with second hand cars because of the chip shortage and delays on delivery of new cars.

2 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Yeah I meant pre Covid. Everything is nuts right now with second hand cars because of the chip shortage and delays on delivery of new cars.

Even pre COVID the only car I've ever taken a loss on will be my FRS, but I bought it new and have put 120k miles on it. Speaking of which, anybody wanna buy an FRS? 

Events Helper · Posted
11 hours ago, Shmup said:

2011 civic 😎

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PuppyWaffles said:

Even pre COVID the only car I've ever taken a loss on will be my FRS, but I bought it new and have put 120k miles on it. Speaking of which, anybody wanna buy an FRS? 

Interesting. Here a Porsche will depreciate (but not as much as a Toyota, Mazda etc.) then sort of hit a floor and then slowly rise again. I actually don’t see many porche’s here to be honest, I think that we have a luxury car tax or something. So most just go with bmw or Mercedes.

12 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

It is because we don't have to pay to rebuild our cars to move the steering wheels to the wrong side of the vehicles.

We’re just fixing them to put them on the right side of the vehicle…I’ll see myself out.

6 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Porsche models are a different beast in terms of depreciation. They can't really relate to regular car markets unless it's the sedan or the crossover. Porsche coups rarely see depreciation in the first 5-10 year especially if you get desirable options. 

3 hours ago, PuppyWaffles said:

Speaking of which, anybody wanna buy an FRS? 

Why are you getting rid of it? I'm hanging onto my Scion for the multicar bundle discount, but I may be open to swapping it. I might only be open to swapping for another Scion as they don't make them anymore and they are just unique to look at.

I need to get a picture of my new car though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Why are you getting rid of it? I'm hanging onto my Scion for the multicar bundle discount, but I may be open to swapping it. I might only be open to swapping for another Scion as they don't make them anymore and they are just unique to look at.

I need to get a picture of my new car though.

After driving 120k miles I just want a different view, so I bought the Alfa as a daily. I'm thinking of replacing it with a 4C or a Lotus (going full track) or something weird like a Nissan Pao. That being said the FRS is solid and has never once let me down, even in a snowstorm it skipped across the top with ease!

Edited by PuppyWaffles
  • Like 1