IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - M.U.S.C.L.E

BeaIank

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I took a quick look through the code, but didn't end up finding the many interesting things. Each player starts with 99 health with each health circle showing hp in increments of 20. The amount of damage done varies with both type of attack and character. I used the guy on the bottom because that's what the speedrun uses, but it seems to have really good damage as well. The amount of damage you do to your opponent, you immediately gain as health. So, if you use your special to do 40 damage, you gain 40 health. The health also steadily decreases with time (sometimes I would let an opponent hit me to ensure they had enough health to make it back to their corner). Your speed also decreases with health.

Next on to points. The amount of points you get per attack is the amount of damage done times 64. So, the main strat is to do a bunch of damage, let them tag out (which sets their health to 79 or 4 full circles), and repeat until the time is nearly over (or all the way over if you plan on losing that round). Then at the end of the each fight, you are given points for the health you have left squared. So, full health of 99 would give 9,801 points. At the end of the round when you win two fights, you are given a bonus of 10k if you won 2-0, and 5k if you won 2-1. And that's it for point sources. You get nothing for the time remaining. Since you can easily get more than 5k in a losing round, the best strategy to always win a round 2-1 and use all the time. Ideally, the round you lose should be via running out of time as you still get the health squared bonus even if you lose.

• The topic was unpinned