IGNORED

Beat the SNES Library - 305/714

Wheel of Fortune is done, I won a vacation!!  I also got bankrupt three times, dumb cheating cpu players didn't get any!

wofortune.jpg.c8bb041efeea6137b63d11aaccdc1630.jpg

wofortune0.jpg.3f45e5e9481768f46ad33bdb65e29c78.jpg

Was so excited I almost missed the chance to take a picture.  And why are Red Dwarf characters and actors listed in the credits?

Edited by Jicsan
  • Like 2

Clue Is Solved.  I Did it on Sleuth setting.  Aside from the ability to get a game of clue in without having anyone else around to join in, I'd have to say my favorite part is the main piece of music that sounds like it came out of Chrono Trigger.  I kept expecting to see Ozzy snooping around.  I also caught a dash of "Shadow's Theme" from Final Fantasy III...

Edited by PII
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Daffy Duck: The Marvin Missions Is Done.  Marvin's P-38 Modulator is no more.  If I have it right, in the cartoon it was called the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.  I guess they didn't have the rights for that or something.  Also the cartoon in question featured Bugs Bunny pitted against Marvin the Martian rather than Duck Dodgers of the 24th and 1/2 Century, a Fact I'd have to guess Daffy would find to be despicable.  On a related note, I always thought it was a little weird that it wasn't titled Duck dodgers etc.  Probably just wanted to have Daffy Duck in the title for Marketing Purposes.  I really love this game.  The Mission Briefings always get a chuckle out of me and all the wacky guns and character animations are just great.

Edited by PII
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Hmm, after a million hours I have reached the final boss of Wizardry V.  And I cannot get remotely close to beating him.  Hell, I haven't even managed to get down one of his supporting mob.

So... shit.  I don't know what to do.  I'd have to spend a billion hours grinding levels and exploiting stat raises, just to have a chance.  Very disheartening.  Because of time budgets I'll probably have to shelve it for now.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Hmm, after a million hours I have reached the final boss of Wizardry V.  And I cannot get remotely close to beating him.  Hell, I haven't even managed to get down one of his supporting mob.

So... shit.  I don't know what to do.  I'd have to spend a billion hours grinding levels and exploiting stat raises, just to have a chance.  Very disheartening.  Because of time budgets I'll probably have to shelve it for now.

Heh, even the CRPG Addict cheated to beat Wizardry V, though not on a console:

http://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2012/06/wizardry-v-won.html

He was underleveled too, but says he reloaded until the supporting mob was made up of weaker monsters. Maybe that's an option here?

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, bronzeshield said:

Heh, even the CRPG Addict cheated to beat Wizardry V, though not on a console:

http://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2012/06/wizardry-v-won.html

He was underleveled too, but says he reloaded until the supporting mob was made up of weaker monsters. Maybe that's an option here?

Hmm, maybe.  I did at least 10 attempts, and never got mobs that were beatable (my party is underlevelled at 13-14, his party was 14-15). 

The big bad alone likes to cast a spell that hits my whole party for up to 80 hp. My bishops and thief only have 90ish hp.  And what does leveling up get them?  1.  1 hp.  Not even joking.

The other option is returning to a secret pool where I increase one character's life by 3-5 hp at a time.  But to do that I have to equip a special item, dive to a particular level of the pool, and then see if it raised or LOWERED my hp.  If the latter, I have to reset, load my game, reassemble the party, and then dive again.

I'd estimate a 50 hp increase for one character would be an hour plus.

And I'd probably want to find other areas to raise other key stats.

So what I'm saying is, one way or another I have to be hours and hours and hours away from beating the boss.

...oh and I should mention the 4 boss fights before the final boss that scale with you (the only such fights in the game).  And they reset with every trip into the dungeon.

This game 😂

Still, I enjoyed the playthrough quite a bit more than Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder.

• Sad 1

It has been a long, long time since I played Wizardry V, but I don't recall having to do anything crazy like that to beat it.  I think I just did what bronzeshield recommended.  Keep trying until you get a lucky matchup.  I don't think it took me too long.  I'm not sure what my levels were though.  I did spend a lot of time playing before getting to the end, so my characters might have been unusually powerful by that time.

Edited by Red

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Red said:

It has been a long, long time since I played Wizardry V, but I don't recall having to do anything crazy like that to beat it.  I think I just did what bronzeshield recommended.  Keep trying until you get a lucky matchup.  I don't think it took me too long.  I'm not sure what my levels were though.  I did spend a lot of time playing before getting to the end, so my characters might have been unusually powerful by that time.

Yeah if I had a few specific pieces of gear (which I think are random drops), a half dozen more levels, and cheesed my HP for a couple hours, I'd feel a lot more confident.

That'll have to wait though.  I have a JRPG I need to restart, and WRPG I need to finish in the next month, month and a half.

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yeah if I had a few specific pieces of gear (which I think are random drops), a half dozen more levels, and cheesed my HP for a couple hours, I'd feel a lot more confident.

That'll have to wait though.  I have a JRPG I need to restart, and WRPG I need to finish in the next month, month and a half.

Haha, I was curious where my levels were at so I checked.  My characters seem pretty powerful.  Highest level is 24 and they all have a lot of magic.  I guess that's what happens when you get stuck in an RPG, but continue playing anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...