IGNORED

Beat the SNES Library - 300/714

7 hours ago, Andykin Skysk8r said:

Im trying to beat Kings Cup on standard but keep getting crushed. Is there a "magic bullet" to this game or just lots of practice?

I don't think I'm an expert and there are surely better players here. The only things I can say are that you really need to learn the races by heart and how to take the individual turns. Also take the accelerating arrows whenever possible and as long as they're not detrimental. In some courses these accelerated me so much that I would just crash against everything and everyone, so they're not always ideal. And since the enemies are basically rubberbanding behind you, you have to make sure to drive pretty much perfectly without any major error. Any big mistake in the last two laps is almost a lost cause, whereas a mistake in the earliest laps can be undone.

I also found that the fastest car is not always the best. It takes an awfully long time to get to full speed, so some of the other cars may be a good choice too. As for the turns it seemed to me that I could sometimes take them better by releasing the gas pedal instead of braking, which takes away too much of your speed and should only be used for very tight corners. I think there were quite a few nuances regarding turns, but I would have to get into the game again to say anything more. Maybe try some more experimentation with releasing gas, using the L and R buttons and breaking? And don't forget to press forward when you're jumping as this accelerates you as well and helps with getting over bigger chasms.

• Like 1

I know its already done but I beat some F Zero cups: kings league on standard and knights league on expert. Fire Stingray is basically the only viable option on expert mode. For kings league on standard I recommend Blue Falcon. For anything easier than that I recommend Wild Goose so you can crash stuff. Essential tips for noobs like me: use the L and R buttons, put all your focus into not crashing even if it means letting guys pass you, for Death Wind 2 and Fire Field you have to memorize every turn and treat it like a tactical game of health/speed management. This game really makes you feel intense, when playing it I cant help grip the controller so hard my hands hurt, and like an hour after playing it Im still jacked up on adrenaline. As much as this is an awesome game for its time, I have to say that because a snail car can spawn at any time and ruin an otherwise perfect run and because of the rubber banding it feels like the game punishes your mistakes severely but doesn't reward your good runs. 

• Like 1

I just beat Breath of Fire for the first time in my life. I've started a playthrough several times and always stopped around the halfway point or maybe the last third of the game, even though I quite liked it. Playing it all the way to the end however I have to say that compared to, e.g. FF IV, the battle system misses nuance. Most enemies are practically the same and even the bosses are just big, fat enemies with a lot of HP that also hit a bit harder, i.e. there isn't much strategy involved. Especially later on in the game I would just use Ryu's final dragon transformation and beat the bosses quite easily. Even the final boss was more a test of endurance and patience than anything else.

Breath of Fire.jpg

Breath of Fire Credits.jpg

Edited by Gaia Gensouki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

I just beat Breath of Fire for the first time in my life. I've started a playthrough several times and always stopped around the halfway point or maybe the last third of the game, even though I quite liked it. Playing it all the way to the end however I have to say that compared to, e.g. FF IV, the battle system misses nuance. Most enemies are practically the same and even the bosses are just big, fat enemies with a lot of HP that also hit a bit harder, i.e. there isn't much strategy involved. Especially later on in the game I would just use Ryu's final dragon transformation and beat the bosses quite easily. Even the final boss was more a test of endurance and patience than anything else.

Breath of Fire.jpg

Breath of Fire Credits.jpg

Nice, I’m also playing through this one for the first time. Just about to get the light key, not sure how much more there is to go from here. Congrats on your playthrough.

53 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Nice, I’m also playing through this one for the first time. Just about to get the light key, not sure how much more there is to go from here. Congrats on your playthrough.

Thanks. The light key is actually pretty early on in the game, so I would say that you still have around two thirds of the game ahead of you.

Took care of Chrono Trigger.

Completed it, with all the side-quests done, in just under 20 hours. What an amazing game. It's been a long time since the last time I've played through it, probably since the '90s. Still probably my favorite RPG ever (real close with FF VI) and one of my favorite video games overall.

I feel like they achieved the perfect balance for an RPG, where it's pretty easy to get into and never gets over-complicated, but with just enough depth in the magic (Tech) system and combos to keep it interesting. It doesn't overwhelm you with a humongous cast of characters, but instead focuses on telling really good stories with the few there are. Really gorgeous graphics and nice effects throughout the game, wonderful music score. Just awesome!

IMG_20191210_162437.jpg

IMG_20191210_162824.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, what do you think about this suggestion- how about changing the next topics that are non-NES to "Can VGS beat every SNES/N64/Genesis/GB/GBA... game EVER/starting from 2020"?? What I'm trying to convey is that the only console that is able to complete all games in 1 year is NES only (or maybe just MAYBE Gameboy or any Atari console). Any other console is completely unrealistic for this and if this forum is able to complete ALL games EVER then this is one hell of an achievement anyway. All topics might as well start from 2020 and go on forever until all of the games are completed and mark a milestone for that. Maybe the deadline may be set for the next 5 or 10 years but this sounds kinda pessimistic, so unlimited time sounds like the way to go. All of those non-NES topics really sound senseless to me so please consider my statement. Thanks in advance

Edited by MaarioS

7 hours ago, MaarioS said:

Hey guys, what do you think about this suggestion- how about changing the next topics that are non-NES to "Can VGS beat every SNES/N64/Genesis/GB/GBA... game EVER/starting from 2020"?? What I'm trying to convey is that the only console that is able to complete all games in 1 year is NES only (or maybe just MAYBE Gameboy or any Atari console). Any other console is completely unrealistic for this and if this forum is able to complete ALL games EVER then this is one hell of an achievement anyway. All topics might as well start from 2020 and go on forever until all of the games are completed and mark a milestone for that. Maybe the deadline may be set for the next 5 or 10 years but this sounds kinda pessimistic, so unlimited time sounds like the way to go. All of those non-NES topics really sound senseless to me so please consider my statement. Thanks in advance

Didnt the N64 library get finished in a year? It seems to be the 16 bit stuff that is most stubborn.

Editorials Team · Posted

N64 got it once, with one guy doing most of the lifting.  And the library is less than half as big.

7 hours ago, MaarioS said:

We're already doing that.  There is no reference to a year in the title.  "Can VGS beat the entire SNES library over an indefinite amount of time, a single time"

You know that game I always beat? Well, I beat it again:

elBuqZA.jpg

Art of Fighting is done on Level 8 difficulty. Still want to do a 1CC at some point, which shouldn't be hard since I didn't lose a match in my last 6 fights! The game's a piece of cake if you know the trick, though I always screw up the first couple fights as I shake the rust off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1