IGNORED

2021-22 VGS Fantasy Hockey?

captmorgandrinker

Administrator · Posted

We can always use more peeps for our VGS fantasy hockey league.  

Have 8 currently, so we would need to add in pairs.

Our only ask (besides entry fee) is that you stay active all year.   There's even an option to set your lines automatically for the week on Monday, so you really only need to log in once a week.

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I've always been curious how these things work, never been part of one. Is it easy to keep up if I know nothing about hockey, or fantasy leagues?

While you don't need to know anything about fantasy (hockey is pretty straight-forward on how many points you get), it does help to be a hockey fan so you have a general idea of player skill level.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, captmorgandrinker said:

While you don't need to know anything about fantasy (hockey is pretty straight-forward on how many points you get), it does help to be a hockey fan so you have a general idea of player skill level.

Hrrrmmmm yeah I'd be pretty weak there. I've been looking for something to spend some time getting into like a sport or something, but maybe "betting" on it out of the gate wouldn't work so well.

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

@captmorgandrinker What’s the entry fee? I haven’t heard anything from @Quest4Nes if fantasy football is on for this year. @LutherDestroysTheGond any news on that?

Still in flux.  The cash league seems to be a go but both cart leagues are in limbo.  Would love to do all three football leagues.

I've never done hockey but I could fill in if you guys need 1 more for a full league

Social Team · Posted
17 hours ago, Gloves said:

Hrrrmmmm yeah I'd be pretty weak there. I've been looking for something to spend some time getting into like a sport or something, but maybe "betting" on it out of the gate wouldn't work so well.

Having a little dough in a game helps keep it entertaining to watch.  If you don't plan on watching the games then I think it would be a waste.  That's my experience from it.  I typically don't follow sports too closely but when I was hitting the bars often with friends it made watching the random game on the TV much better.  This is also why I love my local bar that would do buy one get ones for the local team when they gets a touchdown or home run.  You watch the one game your interested in and have 8 drink tokens to go through at the end of the game.  so you end up watching a lot more teams than what you showed up to watch, which is where fantasy leagues help you be entertained while drinking those discounted boozed you won.

On 8/23/2021 at 1:03 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

There's even an option to set your lines automatically for the week on Monday, so you really only need to log in once a week.

From experience, I'd say to keep tabs on the team regardless of whether you set your lines.  I've seen guys lose weeks because a guy got hurt and they didn't realize it.

• 5 weeks later...