Jump to content
IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Gradius 2


BeaIank
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I'm speaking from actual experience firsthand.  He's an IRL friend.  We game together most weekends, and he's a VERY competitive dude IRL.  He's one of the best pure 8-bit gamers I know...of course, get him outside of his two-button world and he's almost completely lost 😛  Basically, I'm not basing my statements off of his scores posted, I'm basing it on firsthand experience playing with and against him in a variety of games, as well as watching him.

Also, don't use Bomberman in the contests if he's playing.  Trust me on this.

right on. im just a shit talker. nothing to see here 🙂 i genuinly like everyone here. even if i do disagree sometimes or say really stupid things. at the end of the day its cliche but like a family here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, docile tapeworm said:

right on. im just a shit talker. nothing to see here 🙂 i genuinly like everyone here. even if i do disagree sometimes or say really stupid things. at the end of the day its cliche but like a family here.

Oh, I wasn't attacking you there.  I just didn't want someone down the road to see that and actually think I'm just jerking his ego.  He's legitimately that good.

Then again, he still refuses to try a serious run at The Punisher, so who knows for sure 😛

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Oh, I wasn't attacking you there.  I just didn't want someone down the road to see that and actually think I'm just jerking his ego.  He's legitimately that good.

Then again, he still refuses to try a serious run at The Punisher, so who knows for sure 😛

i didnt feel attacked. wow this is getting warm and snuggaly.. 

anyway back to the shit talking! well see how good he is!!! hope he can flip the switch like he says he can!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

i didnt feel attacked. wow this is getting warm and snuggaly.. 

anyway back to the shit talking! well see how good he is!!! hope he can flip the switch like he says he can!

Oh he can...if he can stop playing it safe and actually go for score.  Which he can't 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

right on. im just a shit talker. nothing to see here 🙂 i genuinly like everyone here. even if i do disagree sometimes or say really stupid things. at the end of the day its cliche but like a family here.

I taught you everything I know! 😂 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

@rdrunner is one of those crazy good gamers that are rightfully in the upper echelon of NES gaming.  @BeaIank fits there too, as should anyone who can no-death Ikari Warriors 😛  And I'd argue @Crabmaster2000 fits the bill as well...maybe he doesn't get the competitive scores that Tom does, or the insane feats that Bea does, but legitimately beating almost the entire library is a feat that shouldn't be ignored.  And frankly, I think everyone has at least one game they'll dominate the competition at any day of the week.  Mine would be The Punisher, as the past Weekly Contest I participated in shows...it's to the point that it's specifically left out when @Dr. Morbis challenges me to "any game in the collection" 😛

Thanks for the kind words. I know for a fact I'm not in the same category as @rdrunneror @BeaIankthough. I remember trying to keep up with both of them at different points in the past and just couldn't compare. I get just good enough at a game to beat it. Those two find ways to bend and manipulate game to their will in a way I havnt ever really had the patience to learn.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

@rdrunner is one of those crazy good gamers that are rightfully in the upper echelon of NES gaming.  @BeaIank fits there too, as should anyone who can no-death Ikari Warriors 😛  And I'd argue @Crabmaster2000 fits the bill as well...maybe he doesn't get the competitive scores that Tom does, or the insane feats that Bea does, but legitimately beating almost the entire library is a feat that shouldn't be ignored.  And frankly, I think everyone has at least one game they'll dominate the competition at any day of the week.  Mine would be The Punisher, as the past Weekly Contest I participated in shows...it's to the point that it's specifically left out when @Dr. Morbis challenges me to "any game in the collection" 😛

Thanks for the kind words. I know for a fact I'm not in the same category as @rdrunneror @BeaIankthough. I remember trying to keep up with both of them at different points in the past and just couldn't compare. I get just good enough at a game to beat it. Those two find ways to bend and manipulate game to their will in a way I havnt ever really had the patience to learn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

@rdrunner is one of those crazy good gamers that are rightfully in the upper echelon of NES gaming.  @BeaIank fits there too, as should anyone who can no-death Ikari Warriors 😛  And I'd argue @Crabmaster2000 fits the bill as well...maybe he doesn't get the competitive scores that Tom does, or the insane feats that Bea does, but legitimately beating almost the entire library is a feat that shouldn't be ignored.  And frankly, I think everyone has at least one game they'll dominate the competition at any day of the week.  Mine would be The Punisher, as the past Weekly Contest I participated in shows...it's to the point that it's specifically left out when @Dr. Morbis challenges me to "any game in the collection" 😛

Thanks for the kind words. I know for a fact I'm not in the same category as @rdrunneror @BeaIankthough. I remember trying to keep up with both of them at different points in the past and just couldn't compare. I get just good enough at a game to beat it. Those two find ways to bend and manipulate game to their will in a way I havnt ever really had the patience to learn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Crabmaster2000 said:

Thanks for the kind words. I know for a fact I'm not in the same category as @rdrunneror @BeaIankthough. I remember trying to keep up with both of them at different points in the past and just couldn't compare. I get just good enough at a game to beat it. Those two find ways to bend and manipulate game to their will in a way I havnt ever really had the patience to learn.

The fact is, you actually get good enough to beat games, regardless of difficulty or genre.  That's no easy feat.  I'm sure you could approach their level if you put the effort into it, but that isn't your goal.  Entirely respectable.  But to have the skill to master so many different types of games at a level high enough to complete them, that's top tier shit imo.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
9 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

i havent beat the game on one life yet....

Just post your score 😉  I ain't stupid, and you don't need guerrilla tactics here in the regular season.  If you want the win, it's yours.  I won't be updating my score, and it's very beatable.  If this were the tournament I'd be playing over and over every evening until Sunday night, but I'm not gonna sink that kind of time into gaining a couple extra points in the regular season (that it looks like is completely pointless if they let fifteen people into the tourney - you only need to participate in like 20% of the season if that's the case).

So anyway @docile tapeworm, just drop those pantaloons and I'll get out my measuring tape and see what you're worth.  Nothing to fear, little man!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

 

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

he got me by a little bit. i think i can improve my run 🙂 

Best of luck!  If ever there was a series that was built for 1-life runs, Gradius was it; once you're fully powered up in these games, you're essentially unstoppable...

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
8 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

 

Best of luck!  If ever there was a series that was built for 1-life runs, Gradius was it; once you're fully powered up in these games, you're essentially unstoppable...

Or just be a little too close to a wall or something and die instantly.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
5 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

cant upload pics.

Pretty good score you've put up there, but you're still behind Sumez by a couple hundred thousand points.  An extremely handsome gamer once told me: "If you're not first, you're last." 😛   Are you going to do anything to get yourself out of last place???

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • BeaIank unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...