IGNORED

neMULEsis run and gun NES homebrew -- Early Access Release Announcement

johnvanderhoef

Hey all,

I'm about to get pretty busy with work, so I decided to release the entire single-player mode for my run and gun game, Nemulesis, into Early Access for those who want to play it ASAP. And because I have no idea when the game will get the 2-player mode and final polish it requires for its definitive release -- hopefully within a year.

But the game is fully playable from beginning to end in its current early access release. It's also on sale for just a few bucks at the moment.

The game is a labor of love, and I do hope to finish it completely over the next year by implementing a working 2-player mode and using player feedback to improve the overall game.

If you've played my earlier MULEniverse games, you might be interested. If you enjoy Contra-esque run and guns, you also might be interested.

If not, no sweat.

https://johnvanderhoef.itch.io/nemulesis

Cheers,

John

Edited by johnvanderhoe
  • Like 2

Looking pretty cool. Just downloaded and played for a few minutes. One criticism I have is that the sprites are spawning at the left side of the screen for a split second as you scroll right which gets pretty distracting. Maybe hiding the leftmost column of 8 pixels with PPU masking would help cover that up a bit? Or alternatively, since scrolling only happens in one direction, make it so that a metasprite being displayed at both edges of the screen isn't rendered on the left side if part of it is visible on the right. Since it happens with every enemy that spawns, it's making the game feel more confusing than it should to me.

Edited by toma

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2021 at 10:34 AM, toma said:

Looking pretty cool. Just downloaded and played for a few minutes. One criticism I have is that the sprites are spawning at the left side of the screen for a split second as you scroll right which gets pretty distracting. Maybe hiding the leftmost column of 8 pixels with PPU masking would help cover that up a bit? Or alternatively, since scrolling only happens in one direction, make it so that a metasprite being displayed at both edges of the screen isn't rendered on the left side if part of it is visible on the right. Since it happens with every enemy that spawns, it's making the game feel more confusing than it should to me.

Sorry for the LATE reply. I've updated the game several times since August. The latest build, while not perfect, at least doesn't have that problem anymore. Cheers.

• Like 1