IGNORED

First Nintendo game you've beaten?

Mario_Friend1982

We have two kind of similar posts gone up today in this area about a first game finished, well same one so I'm lazy, this is pasted:

I never had video games in the house until the NES test launch, arcade games didn't really end, at least the ones I played.  Given the 4 games I got with the deluxe set and on the side, only one could be finished, and it was the following year in 1986 -- Super Mario Bros. 🙂

• Like 2

Probably the first Zelda, with my uncle, making our own custom maps of the dungeons.  Graph paper and all.  Yeah, actually beat this before SMB1 because we got the NES and both games for the Xmas of '87 and Zelda just sucked us in until we beat the first quest.

Edited by Sumer
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 8:06 PM, Tulpa said:

Nintendo isn't synonymous with video games? 🤪

According to my mom, it was. "Shut off the Nintendo" ... mom, it's an Xbox..

I'm not sure what the first Nintendo game I ever beat was. It's a toss-up between A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Super R-Type, and Pokemon Blue. If I had to guess, I'd say Super Mario World 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

In 1994/1995, I beat Super Mario Bros. 3, Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game, Mega Man 3, and...maybe Kirby's Adventure. I don't remember which one I beat first. However, I do remember I used the Game Genie a lot, so maybe those don't count.

Does anyone remember the pause trap glitch in Super Mario Bros. 3 when using a Game Genie? Because I used Game Genie with Super Mario Bros. 3 in 1994/1995, the word "PAUSE" appeared on the screen after I beat Bowser and the game just kind of got stuck (I could still pause and unpause the game, but that's it). I didn't know at the time that you can just press up as soon as the door opens to prevent the pause trap glitch from occurring.

I don't remember if I beat Kirby's Adventure in 1995, but I do remember playing it a lot and getting pretty far. I'm gonna say it wasn't the first game I beat. Also, Game Genie.

So if those games don't count (since I used Game Genie), then the first game I beat for real was most likely Kirby's Dream Land 2 since that was the very first game I bought with my own money in 1998 and therefore the Game Boy game I was playing the most (besides Tetris). I was also playing the original Game Boy more than the NES at that point, so I'm gonna say Kirby's Dream Land 2 was the first game I beat without cheating. I didn't find all of the Rainbow Drops or beat Dark Matter, but I did beat King Dedede and watched the "bad" ending.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MegaMan52 said:

I don't remember if I beat Kirby's Adventure in 1995, but I do remember playing it a lot and getting pretty far. I'm gonna say it wasn't the first game I beat. Also, Game Genie.

I don't think the Game Genie would've been a factor.  I remember renting it shortly after it came out and there were no codes (which makes sense since it was released so late).  I don't recall any being submitted to magazines, so unless you had a code update (which were extremely rare), or came up with your own codes, I don't think you would've been using a Game Genie on Kirby's Adventure. 

• 2 weeks later...