IGNORED

Post your game room updates!

a3quit4s

Whelp I knew when I started that the tv I use for retro gaming would have to be mounted to the wall eventually to make room for more shelves. That time came last night. I’m very happy with the outcome and even happier that a sub $30 wall mount from Amazon did the trick. I’ve ordered another triple width prepac shelve to put in the ugly tv consoles place. 

7FBDC310-7EBF-4CB4-AC52-F837CE92CBAB.jpeg

95114214-93A1-420F-A8E2-B746916999C5.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Whelp I knew when I started that the tv I use for retro gaming would have to be mounted to the wall eventually to make room for more shelves. That time came last night. I’m very happy with the outcome and even happier that a sub $30 wall mount from Amazon did the trick. I’ve ordered another triple width prepac shelve to put in the ugly tv consoles place. 

7FBDC310-7EBF-4CB4-AC52-F837CE92CBAB.jpeg

95114214-93A1-420F-A8E2-B746916999C5.jpeg

Looks awesome! Love the Pikachu N64!

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Post your game room updates!

I had a tiki themed game room for the last 4 years, Me and my wife just moved, I made half the new basement into a theatre room, the other half is going to be a game room. I’m currently getting it built now, it’s going to take some time(probably 2 months) based on my carpenters schedule but I’ll definitely post about it when it’s done! It’s going to be so sweet! I’m very excited! This will be my third game room in the last 6 Years. 

My old room was pretty cool and felt like a good get together room but I’m excited to have something not so loud and in your face as a tiki theme lol. The bar was cool though! 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Doc.Stalk said:

I had a tiki themed game room for the last 4 years, Me and my wife just moved, I made half the new basement into a theatre room, the other half is going to be a game room. I’m currently getting it built now, it’s going to take some time(probably 2 months) based on my carpenters schedule but I’ll definitely post about it when it’s done! It’s going to be so sweet! I’m very excited! This will be my third game room in the last 6 Years. 

My old room was pretty cool and felt like a good get together room but I’m excited to have something not so loud and in your face as a tiki theme lol. The bar was cool though! 

Make sure you take progress pics! I always forget. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

@RegularGuyGamer @goldenpp72

I have a thread for it somewhere but if it’s what the people want!

ECFD2432-5B32-43DE-9E6D-3EF856474E54.jpeg

These displays make me question going for boxed stuff as I never felt it presented well to do carts, but here we are with a good looking method. 

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok so since I mounted the TV I’ve got space for another triple width so I ordered it up, I’m in the midst of re-organizing but here we are. 

Edit: on the main wall with all the boxes I plan to move out the double width and the two on the end and replace with a quad width and the use the double width in the other section in the basement to get rid of my shitty N64 shelves and have the N64 loose set displayed properly 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 8

@ICrappedMyPants - these are all shelves from Prepac - I get them on Amazon. The shelves are all customizable so you can arrange them how you like. 

https://www.amazon.com/Prepac-Double-Width-Storage-Cabinet/dp/B001KW0BBU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=prepac+media+storage&qid=1629978960&sprefix=prepac+media&sr=8-3

This is the double width link, but they also have triple width and quad width. For reference the shelves can fit 24 loose NES across and on the triple width it holds 24 shelves of NES loose or 576 loose carts. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 7:00 AM, a3quit4s said:

@ICrappedMyPants - these are all shelves from Prepac - I get them on Amazon. The shelves are all customizable so you can arrange them how you like. 

https://www.amazon.com/Prepac-Double-Width-Storage-Cabinet/dp/B001KW0BBU/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=prepac+media+storage&qid=1629978960&sprefix=prepac+media&sr=8-3

This is the double width link, but they also have triple width and quad width. For reference the shelves can fit 24 loose NES across and on the triple width it holds 24 shelves of NES loose or 576 loose carts. 

Thanks!

I picked up two triple width ones from Hay Needle. They seem to have two less shelves than your picture, but the one with the extra shelves seems to be a different model. They were on sale for $162, about $60-$70 cheaper than I could find anywhere else. I also signed up for their email newsletter and got another 10% off. I will probably cannibalize one to get the 24 shelves for one case and use the other one for GCN/PS2/Xbox era and later so that I have an extra shelf.

https://www.hayneedle.com/product/triplewidthwallstorage.cfm

Edited by ICrappedMyPants
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

I got a cancellation from Hay Needle. They’re out of stock.

I got them on Amazon no issue, but as you pointed out they are more money. I can’t find the quad width anywhere. I think on Prepacs website I saw they were going to provide more product soon. 

I have been tryin to clean up my room a bit so here's where I'm at:

My picture setup! Foam boards ontop the crt makes for some ok shots I think.

spacer.png

To the right:

spacer.png

To the left:

spacer.png

More left:

spacer.png

Hiding boxes with posters. I love this stand for new stuff.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Lots of mess not shown, still lots of organizing to do!

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 2

On 8/25/2021 at 7:01 PM, a3quit4s said:

I like those shelves, but I never understand why some companies make the base stick out a few inches to each side since it makes it impossible to butt up two shelves next to each other.  Although, as I look at pictures online, I think I could modify them in a way to cut off that excess and when you butt them up next to each other, you wouldn't see the cut.  I just don't like the empty space in between the shelves.

• Like 1

I ran out of room on my shelves and have piles of merchandise and accessories sitting beside some of them, so I don't feel comfortable showing a lot of pictures until I do some more organizing and buy more shelves. But for now, here is a picture of my GameCube collection:

gamecubecollection.thumb.jpg.4d70f09f6596c46b017b35653ae32fd4.jpg

That's not all of it. Anyone who's looked in Nes Freak's obscure Nintendo items and goldenpp72's show off your sets topics knows I have more GameCube items than this, such as a Pearl White European GameCube, LCD Screens, and a Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Controller, among other things.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MegaMan52 said:

I ran out of room on my shelves and have piles of merchandise and accessories sitting beside some of them, so I don't feel comfortable showing a lot of pictures until I do some more organizing and buy more shelves. But for now, here is a picture of my GameCube collection:

gamecubecollection.thumb.jpg.4d70f09f6596c46b017b35653ae32fd4.jpg

That's not all of it. Anyone who's looked in Nes Freak's obscure Nintendo items and goldenpp72's show off your sets topics knows I have more GameCube items than this, such as a Pearl White European GameCube, LCD Screens, and a Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Controller, among other things.

That shelf is at max capacity lol

• Like 1

gamecubecollectionupdate.thumb.jpg.2cd821c1a61f3b2aaf675824105ff23b.jpg

Not much of an update, but I did a little organizing in my "GameCube area." I moved my Metroid Prime Cell Art (barely noticeable in my previous picture) where my Finding Nemo ticket was, and moved the ticket just above (off-screen, though the frame can just barely be seen). Now the entire Cell Art can be seen. After that, I put my Pearl White GameCube with my other GameCube's.

• Like 3

On 8/25/2021 at 7:01 PM, a3quit4s said:

Ok so since I mounted the TV I’ve got space for another triple width so I ordered it up, I’m in the midst of re-organizing but here we are. 

Edit: on the main wall with all the boxes I plan to move out the double width and the two on the end and replace with a quad width and the use the double width in the other section in the basement to get rid of my shitty N64 shelves and have the N64 loose set displayed properly 

image.jpg

image.jpg

What shelves are these?

23 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

What shelves are these?

Prepac from Amazon:

I have the triple and double width and am waiting for a quad width to come back in stock. 

• Thanks 1