IGNORED

Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 94/94

14 hours ago, bronzeshield said:

Hey, I didn't see that you finished your project. Congrats! Since the TurboGrafx-16 is really like a "Super NES" (but not SNES) in a lot of ways, moving on to that makes a ton of sense to me. 🙂

Thanks! It also helps that I already have the full collection and it's a lot smaller and more achievable than SNES 😉

I might try Master System after if I'm not burnt out as well

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 24/94
  • 3 months later...

Legend of Hero Tonma is completed. Honestly, I liked that one very much. The difficulty increases gradually and while the game is short, it is hard enough to keep you playing for a good amount of time. Something I liked a lot about the game is when you get power-ups and you become nearly invincible. However, if you get killed, you need to start again at the last checkpoint with none of them. The hardest moments in the game for me were the "Statue" level and the final boss. However, I've found one trick to beat the later. You need to crouch and memorize his movements. Then, you get up to shoot the crystal ball when you get free time (when the demon keeps his hands away from you). If I had played that game being younger, I would have been frightened by that face. Ugh.

Legend of Hero Tonma (PC Engine) All Bosses (No Damage) - YouTube

I recommend this game, but is it worth its price ? Definitely not. Even my favorite game ever is not worthy of a huge amount like this in my book. Needless to say, I was more stressed opening its cardboard box to play it than actually beating the game's most difficult moments !

Legend of Hero Tonma.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 25/94
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if this project is still active, but I randomly found it and had to chip in.

A while ago I've beaten the entire USA library including all CD games.
The playthroughs can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHofeZ5XGVY&list=PLc6DpToaNngC1nhKjS7g0lqPHtmeGB8ms&ab_channel=Ris'hary

There is also a spreadsheet with the details here:
tinyurl.com/TG16T

This was definitely an interesting library!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rishary said:

Not sure if this project is still active, but I randomly found it and had to chip in.

A while ago I've beaten the entire USA library including all CD games.
The playthroughs can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHofeZ5XGVY&list=PLc6DpToaNngC1nhKjS7g0lqPHtmeGB8ms&ab_channel=Ris'hary

There is also a spreadsheet with the details here:
tinyurl.com/TG16T

This was definitely an interesting library!

Hello Rishary! Yes, the project is still active. However, games have to be completed after August 15, 2021, which was the date of the creation of this thread. Have you beaten US TurboGrafx-16 games after this date?

17 minutes ago, RetroMichel said:

Hello Rishary! Yes, the project is still active. However, games have to be completed after August 15, 2021, which was the date of the creation of this thread. Have you beaten US TurboGrafx-16 games after this date?

Ah, sadly I have beaten the US library between the 14/09/2019 and 05/03/2021. I have only beaten Japanese games after August 15 2021 as can be seen on the spreadsheet.
I do want to beat Alien Crush again in one seating one day in a 24-hour stream marathon (which is about how long it takes), but I have no idea when/if I'll have time for that 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 2:57 PM, RetroMichel said:

They should also be beaten while the person is a member of VGS.  I see that Rishary just joined last week, so any games he beats from now on moving forward should count, but not before...

• Like 1

Awesome thread.

There are a few games on here that I was hoping/wanting to attempt to beat anyways. 

To clarify, if it's a shooter.... the Turbo function is allowed? haha, that's seems kinda dumb to ask, but I usually deal with NES rules.... but these controllers have a turbo button ON them, of course it should be good?

Also, I'll be playing on a Turbo Duo. I assume these things are all good? 

Hopefully I can snap a pic 😎👍

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 2:02 PM, AirVillain said:

Awesome thread.

There are a few games on here that I was hoping/wanting to attempt to beat anyways. 

To clarify, if it's a shooter.... the Turbo function is allowed? haha, that's seems kinda dumb to ask, but I usually deal with NES rules.... but these controllers have a turbo button ON them, of course it should be good?

Also, I'll be playing on a Turbo Duo. I assume these things are all good? 

Hopefully I can snap a pic 😎👍

"Yes" to both of your questions.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 8:05 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

They should also be beaten while the person is a member of VGS.  I see that Rishary just joined last week, so any games he beats from now on moving forward should count, but not before...

I think that may be a bit of overkill.  As long as he's tracking dates and it's done after the time and date specified in the thread, I don't see an issue with allowing it.  That said, it sounds like he doesn't have any that fit the bill, so the point is moot anyway. 

17 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I think that may be a bit of overkill.  As long as he's tracking dates and it's done after the time and date specified in the thread, I don't see an issue with allowing it.  That said, it sounds like he doesn't have any that fit the bill, so the point is moot anyway. 

Then what on earth is the point of this being a VGS project?  Why don't we just mine the internet for occurences of people having beaten particular games in each system's library over the last thirty years until we've got them all covered?  I mean, these systems are decades old, so somebody somewhere has beaten every single game at least once, right?

/PERSONALLY INJURES NECK WHILE PERFORMING THE BIGGET EYEROLL EVER.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

Then what on earth is the point of this being a VGS project?  Why don't we just mine the internet for occurences of people having beaten particular games in each system's library over the last thirty years until we've got them all covered?  I mean, these systems are decades old, so somebody somewhere has beaten every single game at least once, right?

/PERSONALLY INJURES NECK WHILE PERFORMING THE BIGGET EYEROLL EVER.

I signed up on Sega 16 to contribute to their Genesis list years ago, and only ever logged back in to contribute again a few years later.  I probably wouldn't take pre-registration completions that were more than a few days old unless the person had documentation, but I wouldn't disqualify it automatically because someone wasn't registered, unless there was a rule stating as much.  But what do I know, I just came up with the entire concept in the first place...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I signed up on Sega 16 to contribute to their Genesis list years ago, and only ever logged back in to contribute again a few years later.  I probably wouldn't take pre-registration completions that were more than a few days old unless the person had documentation, but I wouldn't disqualify it automatically because someone wasn't registered, unless there was a rule stating as much.  But what do I know, I just came up with the entire concept in the first place...

Yeah, so some guy who beat and logged every game on (insert console here) joins VGS tomorrow and posts his spreadsheet and the project is done... I don't think so.  Yes, you came up with the idea, and it is/was an excellent one, but that doesn't mean all of your opinions about it are right.  In this particular case, I vehemently disagree with you.

My stance is that a project concerning members of a forum that involves said members completing games (or whatever) should, by definition, require said individuals to actually be members of that forum when they are completing the required tasks.  Your stance makes zero sense - ZERO 😛

Agree to disagree... 🙂

Edited by Dr. Morbis

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Beat Dragon's Curse.

This is actually my first time playing this one, and I really enjoyed it. Wonder Boy III was one of the few games I was always bummed to have never got my hands on back when I was collecting Master System games, so it's nice to finally experience the game in some form. Over the years,  I've really come to appreciate the Wonder Boy games and how the series evolved. I'm honestly surprised that this franchise never got more mainstream success on either the Turbo or on Sega's consoles. Oh well.

Sadly, this is probably the only Turbo game you're going to get out of me.

IMG_20230325_212834.jpg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, cj_robot said:

Beat Dragon's Curse.

Over the years,  I've really come to appreciate the Wonder Boy games and how the series evolved. I'm honestly surprised that this franchise never got more mainstream success on either the Turbo or on Sega's consoles.

You should try Monster lair on the Turbo CD; it's also in the Wonder Boy series, but it's a hybrid platformer/shmup, and probably too easy, but still a lot of fun...

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 26/94
  • 3 months later...

I've beaten a  bunch of TurboGrafx-16 games recently.

Soldier Blade - Fun vertical shooter.  I see why this one is so well liked.

SoldierB.JPG.a2ec580fcf08de26a1f17af8a122ced2.JPG

TaleSpin - A rather bland platformer.  I kinda liked the bonus stages though.  I wish they fleshed them out and made them a bigger part of the game.

TaleS.JPG.40a3e0f95300fce3f5e2bf7c1584673f.JPG

Vigilante - Didn't really like this one.  I was hoping it would be better than the Sega Master System one, but I can't decide which one I like less.

Vig.JPG.e7c1eb3b2b8880c4fa0ae43b7225aaf1.JPG

Andre Panza Kick Boxing - Didn't like this one much either, not that I was expecting to.

Andre.JPG.354699a9e10654773fc29b4ed5e74aac.JPG

Bloody Wolf - A bit of a disappointment.  While not bad, I thought I'd enjoy it more than I did.

bloodyW.JPG.cdc0709bd8b10fa1032123f461c2c8f4.JPG

Drop Off - Now this one was a surprise!  I went in with very low expectations and didn't like it at first, but it quickly grew on me.  It's like Breakout or Arkanoid, but you can move all around the stage and change how the ball bounces, so it's a bit easier to control.  There's not much variety, but it's not very long either, so it doesn't overstay it's welcome.  I got a kick out of the ridiculous story too.

DropO.JPG.272a4eaa5f9e922ce59148b0a236ee2b.JPG

Side Arms - Simple, but fun shooter.

SideA.JPG.209a8714aa9ba956cfe08d661c01ede8.JPG

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 33/94
On 7/20/2023 at 9:07 AM, Red said:

Does anyone know how to save your game in Yo Bro or have the manual and can check?  It seems to have TurboBooster Plus support, but I don't see any options to load or save a game.

You may have misinformation as my personal files do not list Yo Bro as having any TB+ support of any kind...

10 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You may have misinformation as my personal files do not list Yo Bro as having any TB+ support of any kind...

I figured it out.  It auto-saves, but doesn't give you any indication that it's saving, and if you don't have enough space to save, it won't tell you.  After deleting some files, I started a new game and beat the first level and then turned the power off.  When I turned it back on and started a game, it asked if I wanted load my previous game.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 34/94

bro1.JPG.46451df2b4ee3111083295b382825b30.JPG

Yo Bro is done.  Can't say it's a good game, but it's not terrible.  I appreciated them trying something unique with the controls, but it was too much of a pain to line up your shots.

bro2.JPG.b90dccf2bbe2e57081a6e135ce2fb906.JPG

No thanks.

starS.JPG.1f4bd9f25529408282d46235ef09d8b8.JPG

Super Star Soldier is done too.  Another good vertical shooter.

Anyone else playing anything?  @RetroMichel, how's Boxyboy going?  Looks like your were almost done...a year and a half ago.  @bronzeshield, make any attempts at Davis Cup Tennis, Double Dungeons, Hit the Ice, or Moto Roader?

Edited by Red
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat every TurboGrafx-16 game - 36/94
22 hours ago, Red said:

Anyone else playing anything?  @RetroMichel, how's Boxyboy going?  Looks like your were almost done...a year and a half ago.  @bronzeshield, make any attempts at Davis Cup Tennis, Double Dungeons, Hit the Ice, or Moto Roader?

No progress to report but I have been thinking about it lately, especially Double Dungeons and Moto Roader. It shouldn't be hard to clear the second circuit in Moto Roader and get the ending credits, though it's demotivating that I'll have to play so many more races to call the game beaten for my own list (if that makes sense).

Edited by bronzeshield