IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Official Tournament Thread!

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Californication said:

I am confused. i feel like I am missing info.

Is it each week we play two games and the first week we start with Popeye mode B then play Excite Bike mode B? 

And we will get the rules for each game later?

One game per week

rules for first game tomorrow 

bea held out on telling what game for final week. 

22 minutes ago, Californication said:

Okay, cool.

I love that Popeye is first. I really like the art style and gameplay, but never put time in to get far.

I have this strong memory of playing Popeye at another kids house when I was 8 or 9 years old. I remember they had bubble bobble too and now always wonder if it was part 2. I went in that house maybe twice and knew that person all through high school and still today but that day and maybe a house party or two was the most we ever interacted. 

Anyway that was the only time I have ever played Popeye beside testing to see if the cart worked. 

1 hour ago, skinnygrinny said:

I have this strong memory of playing Popeye at another kids house when I was 8 or 9 years old. I remember they had bubble bobble too and now always wonder if it was part 2. I went in that house maybe twice and knew that person all through high school and still today but that day and maybe a house party or two was the most we ever interacted. 

Anyway that was the only time I have ever played Popeye beside testing to see if the cart worked. 

I remember playing the arcade version as a kid. I didn't get a copy of the NES version until about 20 years later. I always thought it was a fun game.

11 hours ago, 8bitdontquit said:

Popeyes the first game?   Fu#k thought it was excitebike..   Damn it..   Not supposed to get popeye estimated ship date Wednesday.   , I'm toast  😲

I guess the game list must have been in the invites since people just randomly started bringing up Excitebike and Popeye. Is there anyway you can play it on an emulator if your cart doesn't come in time?

On 11/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, Richardhead said:

I’d be okay with those rules.

I still haven't tried the sandwich yet. The closest Popeye's to me is about 45 minutes away and I haven't been out that way where I could go get one without making a special trip. It might be awesome, but I can't imagine it's that awesome.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I still haven't tried the sandwich yet. The closest Popeye's to me is about 45 minutes away and I haven't been out that way where I could go get one without making a special trip. It might be awesome, but I can't imagine it's that awesome.

Hell, there’s one 5 minutes from me and I still haven’t had one😂

5 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Hell, there’s one 5 minutes from me and I still haven’t had one😂

I swear I must have every fast food chain within 10-15 minutes except Popeye's. I'm surprised the Popeye's in Colorado don't have cauliflower "chicken" sandwiches since cauliflower "wings" have already found their way out here.

• Haha 1

I too was unaware of the upcoming games. I keep seeing Popeye and Excitebike, but is that just people talking or are they actually the first two games? I’m fine either way, just curious how these two games became the topic of conversation 

Edited by Ausden

43 minutes ago, Ausden said:

I too was unaware of the upcoming games. I keep seeing Popeye and Excitebike, but is that just people talking or are they actually the first two games? I’m fine either way, just curious how these two games became the topic of conversation 

I feel better now that I'm not the only one confused where all of the Excitebike/Popeye talk was coming from. I figured maybe the participants got the game list in a PM or something.

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I feel better now that I'm not the only one confused where all of the Excitebike/Popeye talk was coming from. I figured maybe the participants got the game list in a PM or something.

https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/126-videogamesage-weekly-contest-leaderboard-rules-2019/?do=findComment&comment=3506

4 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I guess it's a good thing that I'm not in the tournament since apparently I can't read and wouId have missed out on valuable practice time! 😂 Then again, I would like to think I've played enough Excitebike in the last 30+ years that I might be decent at it.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 1 month later...