IGNORED

Nintendo Museum

Mario_Friend1982

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know of a Nintendo museum anywhere (if there is I'd love to visit), but the Nintendo store in New York has some display cases with some interesting things, like E3 props (like the Master Sword held by Miyamoto) and the Game Boy toasted in the Gulf War. Not too much in terms of Nintendo history, but I think at one point they had the AVS there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Didn't the Nintendo store in New York close down, along with just about all of the big name stores that were in that general area?  Not sure what's become of the stuff since, but I suspect it's probably back at their HQ or in storage somewhere these days.

😞

What brought about the closure?

Edited by fcgamer

10 hours ago, Gloves said:

@Code Monkey I scrolled up from the bottom so I was about to tell you to get your ass back there and buy that Skill Kid F4F statue. Then I saw that the photos were taken in 2008. T_T

Is it valuable? Funny story about that, I loved it when I Saw it because it's such a beautiful artistic piece. I kept going back to look at it, kept thinking about it and then I just thought eventually I'd be moving back to Canada, how would I transport it? I decided not to buy it and have regretted it ever since because I still like looking at the photos. I don't know anything else about it.

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Is it valuable? Funny story about that, I loved it when I Saw it because it's such a beautiful artistic piece. I kept going back to look at it, kept thinking about it and then I just thought eventually I'd be moving back to Canada, how would I transport it? I decided not to buy it and have regretted it ever since because I still like looking at the photos. I don't know anything else about it.

Yeah they're like $6k now, maybe more? I've not seen a sale in a while; 2500 total were made.

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah they're like $6k now, maybe more? I've not seen a sale in a while; 2500 total were made.

Holy shit, what? Man, I was 50/50 on buying it, I even stayed around the store just so I could think about it a bit longer. I guess it doesn't matter, I wouldn't be selling it now anyway so price is irrelevant.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

Holy shit, what? Man, I was 50/50 on buying it, I even stayed around the store just so I could think about it a bit longer. I guess it doesn't matter, I wouldn't be selling it now anyway so price is irrelevant.

Price only becomes relevant really if you decide you want one. Then it's a matter of "Boy I wish I bought it then...". 😛

• Like 1
  • Agree 1