IGNORED

Ogre Battle Army Tool

BacteriaMage

tl;dr If you are fan of Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen then check out the Ogre Battle Army Tool. It's a utility for importing and exporting characters.

Last month, I released a project that I've had in the works for a while. The Ogre Battle Army Tool; It's sort of a saved game editor for Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen which works by allowing the full set of player characters to be imported to and exported from the saved games in a spreadsheet-friendly format (CSV). My blog post has more details.

I'm feeling kind of down since I know I'm not the only person out there that loves this game but I've found it really difficult to connect with the folks who might actually care about this. I posted it to Twitter but I imagine you know how difficult it can be to get any attention there if you don't already have a really large following.

There's the Ogre Battle Sage Wiki which would seem like the ideal community but turns out there isn't any forum community built around it. Another forum I found seems to have been inactive for many years.

I occasionally visit Video Game Sage and it seemed like a place where people gather to discuss games in general would make sense. But, this post doesn't really seem to fit any of the major categories on this site either. Since I don't want to abuse any of the other forums I'm dropping it here in the everything-else category but it feels less than ideal.

Anyway, if you are a fellow fan then check it; you might find it useful. If you know of better communities I could try then I would appreciate the tips. Cheers!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, BacteriaMage said:

I'm feeling kind of down since I know I'm not the only person out there that loves this game but I've found it really difficult to connect with the folks who might actually care about this

Not true

image.png.7c952c03af8a86a7f348bc340ed7d926.png

Unfortunately, I do not have the bandwidth to explore this right now as I have booked out my gaming schedule for quite awhile (I need to finish up the SNES library, for one), but the future is another story.

Also, have you posted this on the snes subreddit?  I operate that, and know it is at least worth a shot.