IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Cobra Triangle

BeaIank

12 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Didnt want to post before getting to 100k and I was starting to worry I may not get there. I was on a mad rush when a plane flew behind my boat and shot me down with four large missles in a row??!

20210811_191510.jpg

Nice progress!

The whirlpools are one of the most obnoxious obstacles in the game.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Nice progress!

The whirlpools are one of the most obnoxious obstacles in the game.

Waterfalls on surival stagss Im starting to figure out. But the waterfalls and everything else about the jump the river stage are completely insane. Ive only tried a few times, but Im not even close. I dont see me beating that on one life, which doesn't leave a lot of room to grow score. 

Also, I know now its not actually called jump the river, but my term well embodies the ridiculousness of that level

Edited by NESfiend

8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Waterfalls on surival stagss Im starting to figure out. But the waterfalls and everything else about the jump the river stage are completely insane. Ive only tried a few times, but Im not even close. I dont see me beating that on one life, which doesn't leave a lot of room to grow score. 

Also, I know now its not actually called jump the river, but my term well embodies the ridiculousness of that level

jump the river is madness. i remeber just purging lives to get through. ifk if i can get lucky enough to make it tgrough one life.

i have beat this game 1cc though...i think.

• Like 1

POW is the next game that I know well. At least I can 1cc that one, I've never no deathed it. Maybe this year I'll finally no death it.

Gradius II and Galaga coming up. Tough shooters. Actually there are a few tough games coming up. Thunder & Lightning looks hard, it's similar to Arkanoid. Holy Diver is infamous for its difficulty. I assume RC Pro Am II will be hard just like the first one.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I might have to wait until next season to have a better chance, but I could have an outside shot.

Leaderboard is wide open. All three of you, @docile tapeworm, @Richardhead, and you have an easy road just finding top 8 each week. And all 3 of you should if you can. More hope for dick and doug than docile, but it would be great to see all veterans

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Leaderboard is wide open. All three of you, @docile tapeworm, @Richardhead, and you have an easy road just finding top 8 each week. And all 3 of you should if you can. More hope for dick and doug than docile, but it would be great to see all veterans

fuck off with this, i want my top 8 finish 😆

sorry, i had to........leave them out of this.....let them not be in this and maybe you and i can take 2nd and 3rd, or 7th and 8th......who knows 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

The second half of the schedule is heavier with games that I'm familiar with so that helps. It would still take some solid top 5 or better finishes to make up enough ground in the standings.

On 8/10/2021 at 9:06 PM, NESfiend said:

How far through the game is this? Im thinking we can chalk this up to a game no one will be you at, like tetris and MM. May be off as I haven't played through that much of it. But that seems monstrous on 1 life. 

Hey, speaking of Tetris, I recently got my first 500k from a level 18 start. I was happy about that.

I may have to learn to flip both ways if I want to get good at level 19 though.

• Wow! 1

38 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I doubt it. The last few levels aren't worth that many points anyway. Maybe I can get 500k or 600k. I'm already pretty happy with my score.

I'm probably going to take the weekend off since I did a lot better than I thought I would. Maybe I'll check out some upcoming games on the schedule.

13 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I did a lot better than I thought I would.

Like @Jeevan, Im about to head out for vacation and cant get all I need done before leaving. Lots of rain in forecast this weekend, so I may end up with NES time like it or not. Iffy though. If I do get back to it, any advice on JUMP THE RIVER on one life? That shit is crazy

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Like @Jeevan, Im about to head out for vacation and cant get all I need done before leaving. Lots of rain in forecast this weekend, so I may end up with NES time like it or not. Iffy though. If I do get back to it, any advice on JUMP THE RIVER on one life? That shit is crazy

I suggest you jump the fucking river. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Much like the turbo tunnels in Battletoads, I'd say it's an equal combination of quick reflexes and luck.