IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Cobra Triangle

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Hello ladies and gentlemen!
Get ready to get WET for we have some speedy water action planned for this week!
Our skilled players will test their mettle at COBRA TRIANGLE, using the following rules:

• Play till you lose your first life.
  • Pause the game once your respawn and take your picture.
  • If you loop the score, you must take a picture just before looping it and after looping it. And take your final score picture in the game rather than on the high score screen.
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 5,000
  • GENRE: Action

21_Cobra_Triangle_Sage.png.000dd55b67490

The contest ends Sunday, 08/15/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
1st mbd39 456,700
2nd Dr. Morbis 428,950
3rd bertsampson 398,300
4th Bearcat-Doug 314,850
5th NESfiend 230,050
6th PII 189,250
7th Richardhead 140,300
8th Krunch 89,800
9th Jeevan 45,750
10th JamesRobot 42,650
11th 0xDEAFC0DE 34,500
12th docile tapeworm 25,750

I kind of hope she does mean first life to avoid what happened with Wrecking Crew: where the game takes forever and starting over is demoralizing; with one life compo's subsequent attempts are a lot easier to get into...

Anyway, reserved for SCORE 😛

SCORE EDIT 1 - Suckin' hard: 34,900

SCORE EDIT 2 - Li'l Better: 110,100

SCORE EDIT 3 - ...And I'm done.  The iceberg level can eat a d**k.  428,950

CT4.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Could have sworn I had a copy of this. Apparently not. Im sure I can get one in a local shop. Its the kind of game Id think would be up my alley, but Ive never gotten into it at all. Eliminator Boat Duel on the other hand, Ive played the shit out of that

Edited by NESfiend