IGNORED

Collector Back From the Past

Just someone who used to collect games regularly about 10 years ago, now looking to rebuild my collection as much as I can reasonably do these days. Recently started hunting games in the wild again. My favorite system is the Super Nintendo, PS1 being a close second.

Edited by Cannon
Typo
  • Like 1

Welcome.

I don't know how wide your collecting goals are, but the japanese imports had less of an increase and I am seeing prices drop substantially. The U.S. PS1 and Snes look like thet started to soften, but some of the rare/sought after stuff hasn't moved from peaks.

I would suggest looking at modern indie games. The ps4 is having a pretty healthy pull back. You kind of have to dig between the crappy games because there is such a big indie library. 

Edited by Californication

7 hours ago, Inzoreno said:

Oh boy, I hate to say it, but you kinda of came back at the wrong time. Covid-19 sent prices on a lot of things through the roof and are only slowly starting to reset a bit. I wish you the best of luck in the hunt. 

Yeah, I've noticed that, every title I seem to be interested in is like $20-$100, I'm not even looking for rare titles really. Like how is Wario World for the Gamecube $100!? My strategy is reselling random audio equipment and electronics I find at thrift shops for cheap and using the profits for my gaming budget.

21 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Yeah, I've noticed that, every title I seem to be interested in is like $20-$100, I'm not even looking for rare titles really. Like how is Wario World for the Gamecube $100!? My strategy is reselling random audio equipment and electronics I find at thrift shops for cheap and using the profits for my gaming budget.

Yeah it'd be smarter to let cool things off some.  I'm in much the same boat with my other hobby...I'd love to get a Series 1 and Series 2 pair of 1993 Topps baseball wax cartons (and one of each kind of pack) but obviously the Series 1 cartons are much too high now as Derek Jeter is about to go into the HOF...hopefully after a year or so cooling off period it'll be more affordable.

I hope...

On 8/8/2021 at 5:39 PM, Cannon said:

Gamecube went completely insane during the pandemic. I don't know how you feel about the console personally, but I would look at the Wii library. A lot of great stuff that is still affordable. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...