IGNORED

Forum to promote and share our projects

fcgamer

I know we have an everything else section, but I'd like if we had a dedicated forum where we could share our projects, businesses, etc.

For example, I know @phart010 sells water bottles. @G-typerecently launched a Kickstarter for a comic he did (I think it was G-type, maybe my memory is wrong). We also have a lot of talented musicians on here, some writers, artists, etc.

We have so many people on VGS doing so many wonderful and interesting things not related to video games, and I'd love to have a place where we can share our projects, support each other's works, offer feedback or thoughts when asked, etc. 

To do this on the everything else forum, well I'm not particularly keen on that, as I think it would have potential to get cluttered quite quickly. Despite that, I honestly think it would be great to have a forum where we can share our projects, which might interest others here 🙂

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 10:34 PM, fcgamer said:

Well I'm in the process of writing a book about teaching life in Taiwan, I'm sure some of you guys would find it interesting when it's finished.

Let's get this subforum made!

Whatever happened to your book of/on Famicom carts?  I seem to recall you talking about (even in the NA days) piecing together and absolute tome that not only covered all of the stuff that was officially released, but many of the facets and fascinating tidbits about the bootleg market(s) that inspired.  You're not going all George R. R. Martin on us, are you?  😉

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2021 at 2:18 AM, darkchylde28 said:

Whatever happened to your book of/on Famicom carts?  I seem to recall you talking about (even in the NA days) piecing together and absolute tome that not only covered all of the stuff that was officially released, but many of the facets and fascinating tidbits about the bootleg market(s) that inspired.  You're not going all George R. R. Martin on us, are you?  😉

Well it underwent several configurations and ideas, with a lot of work being done on all of them. Eventually I scaled it back to just the unlicensed and bootleg stuff, since there were already other books dedicated to the official stuff (which I'm not as interested in), but even at that the book was huge - maybe a thousand pages or so. After looking for some way to actually release it without charging several $$$ a volume or sacrificing quality, it ended up getting indefinitely shelved.

Ironically enough, a few other friends had been asking me about the book more recently, and thanks to Amazon's self-publishing tools, I am looking into reviving the project. It's on my short list, and I even brought the old drafts over to my new notebook about a week ago, so I hope by 2022 we do see something appear 😄 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Bump! Let's get something like this up and running.

I for one would love to check out the music from some of the folks here that are in bands (I did check out @CodysGameRoom stuff a long time back), I know some people write and I'd love to read what they are writing, etc. 

Even those with businesses and such, who knows, maybe I'd be interested in getting something commissioned or whatever. 

Just like IRL, I'd rather support people I chat with than randoms.

My band just finished recording our record and played our first show since before the pandemic in September, opening for Authority Zero. It was pretty great. Were playing again in December, and the record needs to get mixed, mastered, and press to vinyl. We will get it up onto all the streaming stuff when the files are ready. I'll post here when that happens for anyone who's interested.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

My band just finished recording our record and played our first show since before the pandemic in September, opening for Authority Zero. It was pretty great. Were playing again in December, and the record needs to get mixed, mastered, and press to vinyl. We will get it up onto all the streaming stuff when the files are ready. I'll post here when that happens for anyone who's interested.

Are you only doing vinyl recordings or CDs as well? I'm definitely interested in something on physical media once it gets made. 

33 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Are you only doing vinyl recordings or CDs as well? I'm definitely interested in something on physical media once it gets made. 

We are probably going to get CDs made as well, because there will be some who want them and they are pretty cheap to make these days as well.