IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Wrecking Crew!

BeaIank

IMG_20210808_175741.jpg.dc489cc59d8b434f8b4f306e34667ed4.jpg

Finally got a decent run to phase 62, although I didn't roll the score like I was hoping. Man, it takes forever to get this far. Definitely not my favorite puzzle game. 

Well I've finished routing out all the levels now it's just down to execution. And that part I struggle with a bit. Especially because this game gets boring fast. Also as soon as I lose my first life and therefore the hammer, I usually game over soon after. I'm probably done for today but I'm give it another go tomorrow. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 1

54 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

PXL_20210807_233053503.jpg.cfbf2a559ac4ecce58d403fb5a9177cc.jpg

Well I've finished routing out all the levels now it's just down to execution. And that part I struggle with a bit. Especially because this game gets boring fast. Also as soon as I lose my first life and therefore the hammer, I usually game over soon after. I'm probably done for today but I'm give it another go tomorrow. 

Great score!

2 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

PXL_20210807_233053503.jpg.cfbf2a559ac4ecce58d403fb5a9177cc.jpg

So you're playing your official runs on an actual CRT...   Major respect! 🙂

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Well, I feel better about @Richardhead beating me by 700 points now.

Should have been more. I had a 200k score that I was gonna post. Fucked up and deleted the picture. Was gonna play more today but had an opportunity to buy a new bike and some games. Maybe I can recreate that score before 11pm VAGS time….

16 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Should have been more. I had a 200k score that I was gonna post. Fucked up and deleted the picture. Was gonna play more today but had an opportunity to buy a new bike and some games. Maybe I can recreate that score before 11pm VAGS time….

Good luck if you end up trying again. I got a game in this morning and ended up scoring just under what I've already got so I'm probably done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

That's actually pretty funny.

I couldn’t believe it lol I had thought it was closeish but didn’t really know.  Question now is how much farther to try for.  Mostly just high bars ahead.  I’m appreciating this game more now.  One of the nice things about it is no timer, fireball is pretty mild as a timer although as an enemy it can be an insta-loss at a really inopportune time.  It’s not impossibly hard to reclaim the hammer along the way but it’s still easy to get pinched between the wrenches, even slipping off a bad girder on low point levels can be really damaging to a run.  

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Friggin' deafcode 😒 lol

I spent way more time on this, i was going to try to beat bert, but obviously @NESfiend doesn't think that is the highest score, so idk......But here is my best, i think it was like phase 42 or 43.......can't remember

I practiced up to 50 and had them mostly down, but apparently not well enough 😒

l6DaSP5.jpg

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted

also, I don't think the golden hammer ups your score, but i don't really know kuz i was just hammerin' away, it makes everything a 1 shot tho i believe!!!!

Level 6 is where I found mine at and was able to hold onto it for a long time!

EDIT:  I found it on my own on accident and replicated it btw, didn't know that it existed until it popped one time while i was figuring stuff out.......No tip or trick for me 🤣

4 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

also, I don't think the golden hammer ups your score, but i don't really know kuz i was just hammerin' away, it makes everything a 1 shot tho i believe!!!!

Level 6 is where I found mine at and was able to hold onto it for a long time!

EDIT:  I found it on my own on accident and replicated it btw, didn't know that it existed until it popped one time while i was figuring stuff out.......No tip or trick for me 🤣

They pretty much are possible to get in any level with 3 or more bombs. So level 4 is the earliest. It doesn't give extra points, but picking up the hammer gives 3200. So I tried to pick it up in every level I could (although it you want, the cat is also 3200). 

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I never got one either. I guess it really makes a difference!

Yeah, I didn't know they existed until after I posted my 200k score, but I'm fine with that.  In all honesty, I couldn't see myself not maxing the score on a game like this if we were in the final tourney and I was doing a ton of research and whatnot.

We've definitely seen some great scores so far; I wonder if there will be any more surprises in the last hour...

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

They pretty much are possible to get in any level with 3 or more bombs. So level 4 is the earliest. It doesn't give extra points, but picking up the hammer gives 3200. So I tried to pick it up in every level I could (although it you want, the cat is also 3200). 

Well I only knew of the 1, but its all good kuz I got it and kept it long enough for a half milly score 😉  

Events Helper · Posted

Also, the hammer is super useful for the bonus levels!!!!  makes it go by, usually get at least 4500 + on each one I hit!

Also, @mbd39 was your strat. milking level 6 a bit?  That was what i was doing for a big score on the first 6 levels, almost what you were at by level 7!

26 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Friggin' deafcode 😒 lol

I spent way more time on this, i was going to try to beat bert, but obviously @NESfiend doesn't think that is the highest score, so idk......But here is my best, i think it was like phase 42 or 43.......can't remember

I practiced up to 50 and had them mostly down, but apparently not well enough 😒

l6DaSP5.jpg

I edited that post to reflect that Im a moron. I started playing around with it and realized he took his photo at start of a new game. And if bert and deaf are the only people above you on a puzzler, you definitely have a very high score. Nicely done!

• Like 1