IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Wrecking Crew!

BeaIank

17 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

@bertsampson has entered the chat.

Usually his score thats 5 times the current high and baffles the field comes by Tuesday morning. Must be a busy week for ya, Bert! Glad to see you found time to wipe the floor with everyone.

Dont count out that @Jeevandude. He loves a good puzzler. Hates choclate, beer, sports and racing, and everything else most would consider generally pleasurable, but he will grind out those puzzles like a mad champ 😄

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
21 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Usually his score thats 5 times the current high and baffles the field comes by Tuesday morning. Must be a busy week for ya, Bert! Glad to see you found time to wipe the floor with everyone.

Dont count out that @Jeevandude. He loves a good puzzler. Hates choclate, beer, sports and racing, and everything else most would consider generally pleasurable, but he will grind out those puzzles like a mad champ 😄

he musta used some sweet tips and tricks 😒

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jeevan said:

he musta used some sweet tips and tricks 😒

If you want his score, just follow a youtube vid.  Seriously, anyone who wants to put the time in can do that with this week's game.  I'm happy with my homegrown score, so I'm done, but I will say that I really hope games like this aren't used for the actual tourney.  All skill-based or gtfo....  😛

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

If you want his score, just follow a youtube vid.  Seriously, anyone who wants to put the time in can do that with this week's game.  I'm happy with my homegrown score, so I'm done, but I will say that I really hope games like this aren't used for the actual tourney.  All skill-based or gtfo....  😛

Na, i like trying new games and getting good 😊.  Last time it seemed like a lot of skill based games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I read the instruction manual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Wrecking Crew actually was one of the selections for the 2017 tournament but I picked Rad Racer.

14 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Wrecking Crew actually was one of the selections for the 2017 tournament but I picked Rad Racer.

It sucks that it was even an option.  It would have been all 999,x00 scores.

I guess Bert Sampson is damn lucky that he just so happened to have memorized the solution to fifty consecutive Phases in Wrecking Crew.  Wrecking Crew!!!   Phew...   😒

Seriously though, action-puzzlers should be a no-go for any internet competition, because of the obvious issues.  Hey guys, how about next we do Adventures of Lolo!!!!!!

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

It sucks that it was even an option.  It would have been all 999,x00 scores.

I guess Bert Sampson is damn lucky that he just so happened to have memorized the solution to fifty consecutive Phases in Wrecking Crew.  Wrecking Crew!!!   Phew...   😒

Seriously though, action-puzzlers should be a no-go for any internet competition, because of the obvious issues.  Hey guys, how about next we do Adventures of Lolo!!!!!!

We did Super Pitfall once…