IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Wrecking Crew!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome fellow builders! Get your hammers head, for this week there will be Wrecking!

This will be quite the week with our hammer wielding crazies following the rules below:

• Play until Game Over
  • You must start on Phase 1
  • You cannot earn any extra lives.  You can only use your 5 original lives
  • 1 Loop only (100 stages)
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation score : 25,000

20_Wrecking_Crew_Sage.png.80d7dbd156d945

The contest ends Sunday, 08/08/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

Events Team · Posted
1st 0xDEAFC0DE 747,400
2nd bertsampson 636,200
3rd Jeevan 500,700
4th Dr. Morbis 200,300
5th Krunch 174,800
6th mbd39 174,700
7th NESfiend 145,500
8th Richardhead 129,600
9th Bearcat-Doug 128,900
10th a3quit4s 95,600
11th PII 70,900

Just now, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Lol, idk. I played a couple levels yesterday and there's really not much crazy stuff I could pull off with this one. 

There actually is math and strats involved in getting very high scores. I trust you'll figure it out and get something ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

I did just get a super bonus. This game is so random. I am rather enjoying it a bit now though. Kind of fun trying to figure out the levels as they come. Then dying and having to play the previous 20 levels you already beat again…

I've probably only played this 2 or 3 times. It seems like it might be fun, but I couldn't really get into it. 

Events Helper · Posted
5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Picked up a copy of this and 3 other blackbox games I didnt have about 2 weeks ago at a local shop. Total coincidence. I guess now I have to actually try it out. Tough spot on the schedule for a puzzler. DD is a hard act to follow for sure

its not too bad, but i dont expect to be anywhere near the top, fun little game tho

• Like 1

This makes me want to play burger time. Or mappy for some reason. That game was badass. Like most puzzlers, participation territory for me. If richie cant get into the game burning up greenery on a Monday morning, my odds of getting into it exhausted at night are pretty low. Never know I guess. Ive got a wide strike zone

20210808_214242.jpg

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

This makes me want to play burger time. Or mappy for some reason. That game was badass. Like most puzzlers, participation territory for me. If richie cant get into burning up greenery on a Monday morning, my odds of getting into it exhausted at night are pretty low. Never know I guess. Ive got a wide strike zone

20210802_211433.jpg

I’ll play some more this week. It’s kinda fun learning the levels. Unfortunately this game kind of reminds me of super pitfall. Where as you can just watch a video to learn how to clear each level without dying…🤷🏽‍♂️

On 8/2/2021 at 8:40 PM, Richardhead said:

I’ll play some more this week. It’s kinda fun learning the levels. Unfortunately this game kind of reminds me of super pitfall. Where as you can just watch a video to learn how to clear each level without dying…🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah, that's the shitty thing about the internet era - we finally get a game where playing on a real console is not a disadvantage compared to emulation (since you can select any level to practice right from the title screen before you do your official run) but it's all rendered moot due to the existence of youtube.  Granted this game is an action-puzzler, so you still have to execute in real time (which is not always easy), but it still sucks.

Anyway, I just made it to Phase 12 with four men in reserve and lost them all in short order, so here's my first (unfortunately out of focus) score: 118,700

SCORE EDIT - Alright, this is about the best I'm going to do naturally without edumucatin' myself with internet videos: 200,300 on Phase 19.

WC2.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Puzznic is like that too. You can just play along with a YouTube walkthrough and clear the game, but that takes all of the fun out of it. 

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Even though I like winning, I come at this like it is just supposed to be fun!  I like winning sure, but I have actually played a few levels a couple times to get the "phase" down so I know it.  Pretty nice we can skip to levels and practice them.  It has actually been a pretty fun game thus far!

Edit:  Also, nice to see if i can maximize points on a level.  I have found a few good ways to do it that I think are maximized but i am not sure.