IGNORED

Create a "Repairs" section dedicated to the reparations of broken consoles or games

Ulrizza

On 8/30/2021 at 11:44 PM, Ulrizza said:

I already have a blog, but since it's all in french I don't think it will be interesting to share it here 😅

I mean, you could always translate it.  Or if it's too much work, post it anyway and we can just run it through Google Translate ourselves.  It's the 21st century, we don't need to learn a language to be able to read it 😛

• Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
4 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I mean, you could always translate it.  Or if it's too much work, post it anyway and we can just run it through Google Translate ourselves.  It's the 21st century, we don't need to learn a language to be able to read it 😛

I like reading picture books....even French picture ones.

agnes-book.gif

• Haha 2

I don't know how I can have multiple languages on my blog. But yeah, writing my articles in 2 languages would just be too much work. I thought I could share only the main reparations in the future new Repair section with mostly pictures and small details.

Anyway, you're right, Google Translate would be sufficient to understand my prose, and if not, there's a lot of pictures 😀
I put the link in my signature!

Edited by Ulrizza
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Ulrizza said:

I don't know how I can have multiple languages on my blog. But yeah, writing my articles in 2 languages would just be too much work. I thought I could share only the main reparations in the future new Repair section with mostly pictures and small details.

Anyway, you're right, Google Translate would be sufficient to understand my prose, and if not, there's a lot of pictures 😀
I put the link in my signature!

You know there ARE some of us who DO speak French, eh? 😛

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Should I create a post about all the toy repairs for my kids a couple of weekends ago?  Technically not video game related, but some of the skills could be applied there, and folks on the Discord seemed to enjoy seeing/reading about my progress.

I thought it was worth while as I know older consoles have broken plastic bits and you can buy new shells like you can for popular handheld systems.  So many times I find broken plastic pieces of stuff that super glue just doesn't hold up so I just pitch the damn thing.  Or the piece is broken and I can't find it to even begin to try and repair.  

I'd bug @Glovesabout the status of the new section but I want him to first fix the damn VGS logo taking me to the home page in dark mode.  You don't know how much you miss a feature until you don't have it.

Administrator · Posted
30 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

I thought it was worth while as I know older consoles have broken plastic bits and you can buy new shells like you can for popular handheld systems.  So many times I find broken plastic pieces of stuff that super glue just doesn't hold up so I just pitch the damn thing.  Or the piece is broken and I can't find it to even begin to try and repair.  

I'd bug @Glovesabout the status of the new section but I want him to first fix the damn VGS logo taking me to the home page in dark mode.  You don't know how much you miss a feature until you don't have it.

The logo thing is fixed. >_>

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Another food-for-thought question on this topic.  Any thoughts/considerations to making an overall "Repair" section, then different sub-sections beneath it?  One for video games, perhaps another for general electronics, then one for "off-topic" type stuff?  Only reason I ask is this past weekend I was gifted another Fisher Price repair (my son decided, for some reason, to see how far the older-than-my-50-year-old-brother horse's leg would bend, resulting pretty much exactly how you think it would.  My brother suggested I start a blog or site or something to document the various repairs, disassemblies, etc., that I'm doing for these toys for my kids since it seems like nobody else has done so, at least publicly.  It's stuff I wouldn't mind at all sharing (and think my brother's thoughts are a good idea, but not necessarily with enough interest to garner its own site), but in the current concept of the repair area, wouldn't really fit in (and would end up being off topic if/when posted as individual threads under the main console/games banner).  Thoughts?

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
Social Team · Posted
On 8/19/2021 at 1:33 PM, FireHazard51 said:

@Glovesthis is just too good to not do.  Console and game repairs are more and more necessary with time.  Also, I feel like we should throw in a "modding" section too.  I feel like those go hand in hand.   Hard part is if it get's it's main section like Homebrew or if it get's a sub section to "Playing Games" or "Collector's Lair" 

Would hacking of games fit?  Making main section is "The Workshop".  And then there would be three subsections

• Repair Shop - Restoring & Fixing broken arcade, consoles, and games
  • Modder's Shop - Modding and customizing consoles/arcades (hardware)
  • Hacker's Corner - Console/Game hacking (software)

Hacker's Corner may be a sub of Modder's Shop like "Finders Keepers/Losers Weepers" is to "Show Off"

On 8/27/2021 at 5:50 PM, Gloves said:

Thumbs up on the idea. It'll happen. Been busy! 

1656994451_MechanicSubMascot.png.b7aa6f8

@CasualCart has made the art work.  @Gloves you got the "outline" for the subsections.  And you got @spacepupcheering you on....

You Got This Do It GIF by iQiyi

• Love 2

• 1 month later...