IGNORED

Would Like Help Identifying Item (N64 Millennium Controller Award) SOLVED!!

Hello.  New person here. 

I have an item in my collection that I would like some help identifying.  It looks to be an actual Nintendo Power Award.  The item consists of of metal frame in the shape of an arm and hand.  In the hand sits an actual N64 Millennium 2000 controller.

I'm looking to start downsizing my collection, so any help identifying/valuating would be appreciated.

Thanks!

c1.JPG

c2.JPG

• Wow! 3

• The title was changed to Would Like Help Identifying Item (N64 Millennium Controller Award)

The controller is technically "loose" I guess.  However, it is affixed to the hand by velcro.  The hole in the center of the stand is where the plug is supposed to fit.  The sticker thing you mentioned is starting to peel a bit from age.  I vaguely recall seeing either a drawing or a picture of it in Nintendo Power back in the day.  I just can't seem to find any info on it on the web.

Edited by Ricky Winterborn
Missing word added

Events Helper · Posted

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nintendo-64/millennium-2000-controller#completed-auctions-used

This is for the controller alone, and that is probably very out of date, i looked on ebay for sold listings, but didn't find any recent.  But yes, the controller is valuable, especially if it is unused and in mint condition 🙂.  If I was in the market I would offer ya cash for the thing, but ya, i would say if it is nintendo power related then ya might be on to something there in the high $$ range, but idk

@Art of Nintendo Power

Sorry, I knew he changed his name, maybe he can help identify it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
12 minutes ago, Ricky Winterborn said:

Thanks for the reference!  I’ll hit him up.  Sounds like the perfect guy to answer this question. 

You are very welcome!  Hopefully he can help ya out.  I asked him on discord, but he has yet to respond.  I don't know him personally, but he is very knowledgeable on things like this I am sure!  Also, maybe @DefaultGen could help ya out?  I think he does a podcast with him, the collector's quest!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

You are very welcome!  Hopefully he can help ya out.  I asked him on discord, but he has yet to respond.  I don't know him personally, but he is very knowledgeable on things like this I am sure!  Also, maybe @DefaultGen could help ya out?  I think he does a podcast with him, the collector's quest!  

I messaged Stephan too. I would bet anything he ends up with this because I'm pretty sure he doesn't have it. Depends on how many Gs he has to throw around right now I guess!

• Like 3

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, DefaultGen said:

I messaged Stephan too. I would bet anything he ends up with this because I'm pretty sure he doesn't have it. Depends on how many Gs he has to throw around right now I guess!

Thanks for the help @DefaultGen and good luck with the possible sale @Ricky Winterborn!  If you have any more, feel free to start a for sale thread and post away, or just post pics of your collection!  Looks like you could have some good stuff 😆

Much appreciated @Jeevan!  I’m normally a really private person, so this post was a big deal for me.  I have some really neat stuff in my collection. A lot of 1 of 1 items. Didn’t plan on that, just kind of worked out that way.  Reading these forums got me realizing I don’t “Collect” as much as I “Archive”. Archiving really doesn’t provide joy. It’s a satisfaction emotion I think. Around here everyone seems to have their stuff out in the open where it can make you happy. Archival items sit in airtight boxes hidden in a dark closet that looks like the ending to Raiders. The stuff’s there but you soon forget what you have. That’s kinda how I came to the conclusion I should start selling some of these items for Collectors to be happy. 

• Like 4

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Ricky Winterborn said:

Much appreciated @Jeevan!  I’m normally a really private person, so this post was a big deal for me.  I have some really neat stuff in my collection. A lot of 1 of 1 items. Didn’t plan on that, just kind of worked out that way.  Reading these forums got me realizing I don’t “Collect” as much as I “Archive”. Archiving really doesn’t provide joy. It’s a satisfaction emotion I think. Around here everyone seems to have their stuff out in the open where it can make you happy. Archival items sit in airtight boxes hidden in a dark closet that looks like the ending to Raiders. The stuff’s there but you soon forget what you have. That’s kinda how I came to the conclusion I should start selling some of these items for Collectors to be happy. 

Well, welcome to the community!  You are always welcome to ask questions and hopefully someone will be able to point you in that direction that you need to go!  Thanks again for sharing!  If you find out anything about this, feel free to share because I have no idea what this is besides the controller.  Always fun to learn about new things!  I just completed my N64 loose set and will be enjoying my collection as much as possible 😆

• Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
5 hours ago, Art of Nintendo Power said:

I responded in a message, but it isnt secret information or anything. The magazine had a mock award show called the Nintendo Power Awards every year. This is a trophy from the 2000 awards.

thanks for the info.  

On 7/31/2021 at 5:32 AM, Art of Nintendo Power said:

I responded in a message, but it isnt secret information or anything. The magazine had a mock award show called the Nintendo Power Awards every year. This is a trophy from the 2000 awards.

The slammies of video games. 

Thanks for sharing the answer. 

• The title was changed to Would Like Help Identifying Item (N64 Millennium Controller Award) SOLVED!!