IGNORED

Completed for real: NES loose NTSC US set minus SE

a3quit4s

• The title was changed to Pending Completion: NES loose NTSC US set
1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

@spacepup or @Mr. CIB or @DefaultGen

What was the list that NA used to define the NA NES full set? I dont want to be a fraud!

This licensed list should be the same as the US licensed NA list

https://www.videogamesage.com/blogs/entry/18-usa-nes-rarity-guide-licensed-unlicensed-games-and-more-v13/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

This licensed list should be the same as the US licensed NA list

https://www.videogamesage.com/blogs/entry/18-usa-nes-rarity-guide-licensed-unlicensed-games-and-more-v13/

Shit I missed Miracle Piano as well, must not have thought it was licensed. 

I'm a fraud 😭

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2021 at 9:18 PM, Code Monkey said:

My girlfriend insisted the same thing so 2.5 years ago I had multiple sessions with a psychologist and got a formal diagnosis. I literally told her the reason I was there is because I either have Autism or I'm just an asshole and I couldn't figure out which. Apparently it's the former.

You put all that together because I pointed out that your collection is technically incomplete? I mean.......I'm not wrong.

And Atypical is my favourite show, it's like looking into a mirror. My girlfriend keeps pointing at Sam and then pointing at me.

My mom told me that one time and it clicks in the back of my head sometimes. I think I am gonna watch that show.

16 minutes ago, Californication said:

My mom told me that one time and it clicks in the back of my head sometimes. I think I am gonna watch that show.

It's a really good show. Anxiously awaiting the next season hopefully they will do one. 

Edit: bummer I think season 4 was the final season

Edited by a3quit4s

8 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Wait until you find out you thought you have Namco Pac-Man but it’s Tengen Pac-Man. 

I almost made this mistake but further back when I still had low priced games to buy!

17 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

HA! @DefaultGen just did a podcast on this. This happens every time you collect a set. You get to the end and find out you're something is missing. 

N64 was so much easier because the number of games is like less than half. That and I didn't have unlicensed, hacks, and Kickstarter games throwing off my count.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Well, at least the cart itself is easy to get. Unless you need the piano, too.

Honestly, the piano itself isn't too bad, especially since they released it for at least 3 different consoles (NES, SNES, and Genesis) as well as PC.  It's the NES-specific cable that tends to be a big, expensive PITA to come by.  I read the guide on how to make your own, even used a cable from an actual Nintendo NES controller to make it, and it still didn't work.  However, when I lucked into picking up the real cable (identified it for a guy on Reddit who didn't know what he had, then PM'd him an offer), I finally got the game to recognize the keyboard, even on the AVS!  Technically, if you wanted to be picky, someone would have to have either the NES or SNES version of the keyboard, as those have the Nintendo seal on them, whereas the Genesis/PC versions didn't (although I suppose there were probably instances where whatever was available got shoved into whatever box that needed to go out the door).

Yeah, the cable is hard to find. The piano itself isn't super rare. There's about six or so on eBay right now. I think they fly under the radar a bit since some people just think it's a typical electric piano. But those same people are probably the ones that tossed a bunch of the cables without knowing it was for a console.

CIB can get up there, though.

Edited by Tulpa

24 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Yeah, the cable is hard to find. The piano itself isn't super rare. There's about six or so on eBay right now. I think they fly under the radar a bit since some people just think it's a typical electric piano. But those same people are probably the ones that tossed a bunch of the cables without knowing it was for a console.

CIB can get up there, though.

I ain't got room for that damned piano! 😂

• The title was changed to Completed for real: NES loose NTSC US set minus SE