IGNORED

Completed for real: NES loose NTSC US set minus SE

a3quit4s

It all started for me on 11/28/15 when I won an auction for Zelda and Zelda loose for $35. It ended today when I received Panic Restaurant in the mail and verified it was authentic. Of course I will never probably own Stadium Events but other than that I have accounted for all the games. 

The Zelda's I won probably mark the start of when I started collecting and at the beginning I bought everything lol. I started to tone down what I bought a few years ago, sticking to Nintendo carts. I finished the N64 US set late in 2019 and started focusing on NES then. I bought from a mixture of online, game shops, and fine folks on here. 

It's a relief and kind of sad to be done and I look forward to actually playing these games. As for what next, probably SNES but I can say it will be awhile before a spend a load of money on one game. 

Thanks to the folks on here I bought from particularly @docile tapeworm who always seemed to have rare games I needed. 

edit: ordered the Ubi Indiana Jones

Edit 2: thanks to a random list by @Mario_Friend1982 I realized I'm missing Wizards and Warriors III. Working on getting a copy

Edit 3: ordered W&W III, also missing Miracle Piano after a final audit. 

Edit 4: Ordered Miracle Piano. Let the waiting game begin for the final three! 

Edit 5: Wizards & Warriors 3 arrived, waiting on Miracle Piano and Ubi Indy

Edit: both Ubi Indy and Miracle Piano finally came. That’s a wrap!

20210730_140507.jpg

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 8
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I don't understand. Do you have every unique game or no? It doesn't sound like you're actually done.

Holy shit it just dawned on me. I thought you were an asshole but I think, after watching Atypical on Netflix, that you are actually on the spectrum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Holy shit it just dawned on me. I thought you were an asshole but I think, after watching Atypical on Netflix, that you are actually on the spectrum. 

My girlfriend insisted the same thing so 2.5 years ago I had multiple sessions with a psychologist and got a formal diagnosis. I literally told her the reason I was there is because I either have Autism or I'm just an asshole and I couldn't figure out which. Apparently it's the former.

You put all that together because I pointed out that your collection is technically incomplete? I mean.......I'm not wrong.

And Atypical is my favourite show, it's like looking into a mirror. My girlfriend keeps pointing at Sam and then pointing at me.

7 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

My girlfriend insisted the same thing so 2.5 years ago I had multiple sessions with a psychologist and got a formal diagnosis. I literally told her the reason I was there is because I either have Autism or I'm just an asshole and I couldn't figure out which. Apparently it's the former.

You put all that together because I pointed out that your collection is technically incomplete? I mean.......I'm not wrong.

And Atypical is my favourite show, it's like looking into a mirror. My girlfriend keeps pointing at Sam and then pointing at me.

This and your android vs iOS rant. 

Fair enough though, it is complete by my standards. I count Stadium Events as a variant with World Class Track Meet and even though the games are different Indiana Jones and the last crusade by Taito and Ubi, I have at least one. It's widely accepted to have to the loose set minus Stadium Events also. 

Edit: I also don't give a crap about 3 screw vs 5 screw. Unless it's a 5 screw Mega Man. 

Edited by a3quit4s

11 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I love it! Congrats dude. Its such a huge endeavour. I'm sure looking back you're glad you started in 2015!

I wish I had focused more on NES then and knocked some heavies out lol. Although the first bigger money game I can remember buying is the first Mega Man and I thought $60 for an old NES game was crazy. Little did I know! I hadn't even joined NA at that point - I didn't make it there until 2017-2018? It's crazy how much you learn just by being around people who have been doing this since the early 2000s and maybe even earlier. 

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted

Congratulations!  It's awesome to see people achieving their goals!  

I knew it'd be a [short] matter of time before someone got on your case about SE, but at the end of the day, what matters is that you set a lofty goal for a particular large set of games, and have now completed it.  Kudos to you for that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I wish I had focused more on NES then and knocked some heavies out lol. Although the first bigger money game I can remember buying is the first Mega Man and I thought $60 for an old NES game was crazy. Little did I know! I hadn't even joined NA at that point - I didn't make it there until 2017-2018? It's crazy how much you learn just by being around people who have been doing this since the early 2000s and maybe even earlier. 

I’ll give you the pass on SE but Indiana Jones UBI no way go pick that up lol! 🙂 Congrats man it’s a hell of an achievement and something to be proud of.