IGNORED

Found this insane TG-16 lot last week for $120

That was the asking price and I happily agreed to it but obviously played it kewl.  We talked through Craigslist and it took a few days to meet up but I have the stuff in hand now and it's all legit/working.  I thought it was a troll the entire time but saw it through and it panned out.  I've been "out in the field" for many years picking/hunting games but have never come across any Turbo stuff in the wild so I guess I was due.

Sorry to link to Instagram but I can't properly upload the pic on here so here's a link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRsaRavBCde/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by 8bitsupremacy
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 7

5 minutes ago, 8bitsupremacy said:

Yeah, WAY hyped on finally landing a copy of that.

got the two bonks and parasal too

i only knew one kid with a turbo. i had a super nintendo. ill never forget the first time i saw it. i cant remeber if i went over his house that day, to play video games or just hanging out. but anyway, i remember thinking it was so odd looking, i didnt even think it was a video game console. and then of course the hu cards were like alien. we played bonks for sure and jackie chan i think. the other thing i remeber is he always swore up and down how awesome the turbo was lol. it didnt wooo me too much. i gladly went hime and played super nintendo lol.

32 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

got the two bonks and parasal too

i only knew one kid with a turbo. i had a super nintendo. ill never forget the first time i saw it. i cant remeber if i went over his house that day, to play video games or just hanging out. but anyway, i remember thinking it was so odd looking, i didnt even think it was a video game console. and then of course the hu cards were like alien. we played bonks for sure and jackie chan i think. the other thing i remeber is he always swore up and down how awesome the turbo was lol. it didnt wooo me too much. i gladly went hime and played super nintendo lol.

Yeah I never ever knew anyone who had one growing up.  Weirdest thing I saw was a Sega Master System back in the day; that seemed completely foreign and odd to me at the time when NES was dominating the world.  Tg-16 is actually pretty fantastic but mine rarely ever gets use.

Edited by 8bitsupremacy

1 minute ago, 8bitsupremacy said:

Yeah I never ever knew anyone who had one growing up.  Weirdest thing I saw was a Sega Master System back in the day; that seemed completely foreign and odd to me at the time when NES rmwas dominating the world.  Tg-16 is actually pretty fantastic but mine rarely ever gets use.

i never saw a master system. genesis of course. and one church family i random visited had the only sega cd i ever saw. i played eco. oh! another kid had a 3do and loved space hulk lol, that was a lil later on. 

i picked up a turbo a few years back. played through keith courage and played some blazing lazers. i didnt keep it long. maybe a couple months. it is a really nice system but its all so pricey.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

i never saw a master system. genesis of course. and one church family i random visited had the only sega cd i ever saw. i played eco. oh! another kid had a 3do and loved space hulk lol, that was a lil later on. 

i picked up a turbo a few years back. played through keith courage and played some blazing lazers. i didnt keep it long. maybe a couple months. it is a really nice system but its all so pricey.

Totally agree, which is why I stopped chasing anything for it.  In fact, Soldier Blade was on my want list for a while but when it crept up to the $200-300 range for a loose HuCard I was out...so, nice to organically come into it years later.  Adding to the discussion of weird systems you saw growing up..there must have been something in the water in my neighborhood because me, my next door neighbor, AND another kid on our neighborhood all got a Sega 32X around launch.

Also...there was a total Flanders esque churchy family in our hood too...they had the wisdom tree NES games!  I played Bible Adventures once and was like wow this sucks...I also got banned from coming over to play with that kid for swearing.

Edited by 8bitsupremacy
  • Haha 1

Double your money? 😄  Always wanted a few handhelds I never got and one I wish I got back... the two would be that(or the GT) and a Lynx, back...Nomad.  Amazing handheld there, that last picture, I'd get the same feel/look too from that.  Dudes nuts for that price, and Bonk 3 alone -- yeesh.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...