IGNORED

NES - Star Code Boxes, Circle-T Manuals, and Star Code Manuals

13 hours ago, Columbus said:

So my question remains unanswered...

Is this SUPER MARIO BROS u.s.a ⭐ VARIANT oval SOQ (TM) a new discovery?

That's because I stopped trying to help you when I realized you can't tell the difference from one game to another. If that's the case, then I have to just assume any information you're giving me is inaccurate.

10 hours ago, Columbus said:

And how would you come to know that wata is aware of this ?? If they don't , can't, won't simply update there "complete" list of variants....yet there in the business of selling 2 million $ items ?? Based upon rarity when knowing there is such an item but not recognizing it??? 

Wata has never sold a 2 million dollar item, Wata has never sold ANY items. Though Gloves got to this before I did.

8 hours ago, Columbus said:

Understood. Can you suggest a resource that can definitively provide confirmation of said variant? I would like to put it on the market and I see that the star variants both USA and Canadian (TM) OR (R) MARK are being offered at a range of 400-1000$ give or take ....but what about my game? How does one put a value on a variant that can not be validated or referenced by leading authority's/sources from previous sales record??? Every variant other then mine can be validated and valuated??? Wtf

ThePhleo and myself are probably your best resources here unless you can somehow get Braveheart69 to comment. And you lost me so that just leaves you with ThePhleo.

7 hours ago, Columbus said:

Ok...so the going consensus is watagames Definitive list is NOT , in fact ,definitive or accurate. And in a field that specializes in grading and valuing said games ...that are currently selling for millions can't find the time or effort to submit such a variant that in fact could yeild and or generate serious revenue for the business would fail to even mention it's existence???? Can anyone post a photo of there variant USA star code Rev-A oval SOQ bearing (TM) ? so far I've yet to see it and if you do own said variant how do you value it? 

Dude, why are you so mad at Wata? They've been a company for literally 2 years, they're still a startup in its infancy. Do you know of any other 2 year old companies that are 100% correct and complete on everything?

7 hours ago, Columbus said:

Okay...you got me!????

WATA games have a huge part in the evaluation and validation of said items that are currently selling for millions.... Is that better? Do you believe that sale would have ever gotten close to that without a reputable DEFINITIVE valuation company to insure authenticity??? NO. Therefore wata games has a huge part in the sales of said items. Jesus crimeidy already. Smh

Okay, well you're asking us to validate your item so if we get it wrong, are you going to be mad at us for validating a potentially million dollar item and we should know better? We're all just guessing the best we can.

6 hours ago, Columbus said:

Stupid ass! What value do you bring to the table? None is the answer. You got nothing but troll breath

I love when people punch the guy with the keys, I just want to see what happens.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I love when people punch the guy with the keys, I just want to see what happens.

I'm fairly thick skinned lol, nothing to worry about. I honestly prefer to get punched on here every so often, I like being treated like people would treat any other member.

• Like 1

And I've spoken to brave heart 69 a couple of times on or about the subject. He reported that NO it's not a new discovery , as a few of you mentioned . Also I recived transmissions from wata stating ... Congratulations on your oval (TM) find , the oval TM  is much rarer but one is for sale now rated 9.8 A+ sealed and showed me the listing . Asking 1.5 million 

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
20 minutes ago, Columbus said:

And I've spoken to brave heart 69 a couple of times on or about the subject. He reported that NO it's not a new discovery , as a few of you mentioned . Also I recived transmissions from wata stating ... Congratulations on your oval (TM) find , the oval TM  is much rarer but one is for sale now rated 9.8 A+ sealed and showed me the listing . Asking 1.5 million 

This one? https://www.ebay.com/itm/224206705697?epid=4444&hash=item3433c2d421:g:fPkAAOSwp6xfoLg6

I LOVE how they're using the images from HA for their ebay listing:

image.png

On 9/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, Columbus said:

I believe I have a new discovery! I own a star code GP U.S.A. ⭐ CODE OVAL SOQ WITH (TM) under seal. WATA shows the different varieties and I've researched and looked at every one I could find ....to no avail! Every black box Mario with ⭐ code from U.S.A. has the (R) mark and only the Canadian ⭐ code oval SOQ bears the (TM). with this being said..... I have U.S.A. ⭐ CODE REV A OVAL WITH (TM) ...

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THIS IS A NEW DISCOVERY?

No.

16 hours ago, Columbus said:

What makes little if any sense is ....WATA not being up to date yet knowing  this variant exist.....????

Maybe WATA doesn't want people to know that this variant exists 😉

And why can't I find any documentation or see this variation offered in description for others for sale or sold ones

Possibly you aren't digging hard enough.

I'm still confused ... especially with WATA and there " complete" list of star variants? 

Why are we trusting a company and using their list as gospel? I started making my own lists years back, as everything I found online was garbage. Make lists or deal with inaccuracies, one or the other.

How do I sell it when my description doesn't match the official records?

1. Take pictures.

2. Create an eBay auction

3. List here if eBay isn't your thing?

4. Have a garage sale

5. Run around New York City half naked and shout it out that you are selling this game?

I mean, wtf, how do you sell the game?

And since when did WATA's become some official list?

13 hours ago, Columbus said:

Understood. Can you suggest a resource that can definitively provide confirmation of said variant? I would like to put it on the market and I see that the star variants both USA and Canadian (TM) OR (R) MARK are being offered at a range of 400-1000$ give or take ....but what about my game? How does one put a value on a variant that can not be validated or referenced by leading authority's/sources from previous sales record??? Every variant other then mine can be validated and valuated??? Wtf

Maybe you should take a step back and re-evaluate whether WATA should even be considered a leading authority or not? Fruit flies, damaged games, inaccurate lists, racially insensitive company name, market manipulation, and the list goes on. 

15 hours ago, Columbus said:

To the few who have nothing better then to attempt to make comments that hold no bearing to anything helpful.....well....you have to live your life  without friends ! 

This is fun! 

Life without friends? Coming onto a forum guns a blazing, insulting people left and right while whining how a "definitive" game list made back in 2017 or whenever isn't 100% accurate honestly isn't the way for getting friends.

Your main concern about the Mario is getting top dollar, amiright? 

You're on a forum of passionate gamers and collectors, bro. @Code Monkey , myself, a lot of the other guys on here, we've got tons of one of a kinds, things that make your Star Variant game look common. Yet we aren't just trying to sell our items and get top dollar for things, we enjoy the hobby as a hobby, not as an investment.

Your bad attitude paired with your obvious lack of interest in the games as anything other than investment pieces, has rubbed me in the wrong way, and I'm sure others feel the same. We can coexist, but don't expect to be getting tons of help with this sort of behaviour.

I hope you enjoy your life without friends or acquaintances. 😛

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 3

I appreciate your comments ....I have many aquaintences and just as many friends as I would want...you are correct that what I'm after is a good solid fair sale on an item I was actively researching . Dude...lol, I'm O.G. gamer and have owned about every system you can think of ! Love gaming!! Originally , I was disturbed mainly as I was lead to believe wata, was the authority in the market place and their info was not so definitive. Anyway....keep whatever animosity you harbor and Ill continue to be a dick...... Ya big sissy. 

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Columbus said:

I appreciate your comments ....I have many aquaintences and just as many friends as I would want...you are correct that what I'm after is a good solid fair sale on an item I was actively researching . Dude...lol, I'm O.G. gamer and have owned about every system you can think of ! Love gaming!! Originally , I was disturbed mainly as I was lead to believe wata, was the authority in the market place and their info was not so definitive. Anyway....keep whatever animosity you harbor and Ill continue to be a dick...... Ya big sissy. 

Wata definitely wants you to believe they are the authority.

• Haha 2

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Is this the same person as HollywoodCaddy? They both post exactly the same, just one long sentence with thoughts separated by 10 periods in a row but no actual sentence structure. Can we check the IP?

If you're concerned about a member I'd generally ask that you report it or message a staffer/mod. Not really something that needs to be public.

That said, since it's public anyway - I had considered this already and no, they do not seem to be the same person as far as our reporting is concerned.

@Columbusignoring the drama, you are going to struggle to price your thing. A variant that's uncommon but not otherwise particularly significant is a hard thing to price, because you're looking at a very narrow buyer pool; basically, people who are trying to put together some kind of variant set for which your thing is in the set ("all US SMB variants", or something), or people who are just general neat variant hounds.

The latter are not likely to pay too high, really, because there are tons of neat variants out there and not all of them cost a fortune. I've got a black-ESRB SML2 because I thought it was neat and it only cost me a hundred bucks, but I wouldn't have picked it up on a whim if it'd been much more than that.

If you can find two of the former, and they are both determined and have deep pockets, in that specific case, your thing is potentially worth quite a lot. Heck, if you can find one with deep pockets who's impatient you might be able to screw a lot of money out of them, I guess. But it's a very fickle thing. If you just threw it up for auction you'd be rolling the dice on someone interested popping up.

It's much more complex than a variant that's rare and more widely desirable. Like a sticker sealed SMB. The market for one of those is a lot broader than the market for a late variant that's rare but not otherwise that interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1